16 In Writing & Blogging

Holding On To Hope {Grace Cafe}

I am honored to be guest posting today over at the Grace Cafe.  Here’s a little bit of what you can expect:

A couple of years ago, my family went through a season of intense financial hardship, some of which we are still recovering from today.  My husband, who is in the construction field, was laid off.  We were already a little financially strained, but with the layoff we fell further behind and could not keep up with our mortgage.  To make a long story short, we had to sell our home in order to avoid foreclosure.  I remember praying and holding on to the hope that our house would be saved.  But this wasn’t God’s plan.

Will you head over to the Grace Cafe at Reflections of His Grace today and read the rest of my post?  And when you stop by, will you leave a comment so that I know you visited?

I pray that you will be blessed and encouraged!

Joan
    January 19, 2012 at 5:01 am

Thank you so much, my friend, for providing this guest post. If I recall, when we first “met” in the world of blogging, it was when I wrote a post about my husband’s unemployment from several years ago. Although we didn’t face foreclosure, it was a difficult 18 months, but God was faithful and He used that situation to bring us back to Him. Blessings!

January 19, 2012 at 9:31 am

God is so good. We have learned so much on our journey. Thank you for the opportunity to guest post and thank you for your prayers.

Elizabeth
    January 19, 2012 at 10:30 am

Great article!  So many think God should never/would never allow bad things to happen to us, so when hard times come they get offended and lose their faith.

January 19, 2012 at 11:58 pm

Thank you Elizabeth.  It’s all about perspective for me.  I can choose to get depressed and feel like God’s abandoned me, or I can cling to the truth!  Thanks for reading!

Venessa
    January 19, 2012 at 11:29 am

I loved this! Hope is a wonderful gift!

Veronica
    January 19, 2012 at 3:12 pm

Hi Barbie, my name is Veronica and I call a blog friend of yours, Linda Hogeland, my “blog Mom.”  She is a wonderful friend and “momma” to me and she shared the link to this post with me this morning.  I finally got to reading it just now and I have to let you know it totally spoke to my heart.  Every word you wrote here is my life right now.  My husband is also in Construction and last year we lost our house after a failed short sale and mistake by our realtor which led to foreclosure.  It’s been a long, hard journey through unemployment and it’s almost been a year that my husband lost his job.  We are walking right now in what feels like the hardest part of the journey.  We are still waiting on the Lord for consistent work that will last and the money is running out.  Everywhere we turn, everyone keeps saying, hold on…have faith…trust.  I completely believe that and trust that the Lord has a plan but the wait is so hard.

Thank you for sharing hope and the reminder that the Lord is faithful.  I cannot wait to get to the other side. 🙂

January 19, 2012 at 6:17 pm

Veronica, thank you so much for sharing a bit of your journey with me.  It’s wonderful to know we are not alone in this season.  I will pray for your family.   My husband has temporary work right now, for about 10 months.  After that, only God knows.  I am so thankful God used my post to breathe hope into you.  Do you blog?  If so, I would love to visit there.

Veronica
        January 19, 2012 at 9:05 pm

Yes, I do blog.  You can find me at http://theveronicablog.com. I’ve blogged for three years but over the last year I’ve blogged so much less than I used to.  I’d love to get back again and maybe this year I’ll be able to do that.  Thanks so much for the reply. 🙂

Sharyl
    January 19, 2012 at 6:07 pm

Oh Barbie— did I need that tonight– wiping tears as I’m searching– need to be looking for the goodness– missed that.  WOW  even doing a study on the goodnews and missed that!!!

January 19, 2012 at 11:59 pm

Sharyl, the Message Bible says that His goodness chases us down!  His goodness and mercy follows you all of the days of your life!  He is good!

Josephcantone
    January 19, 2012 at 10:58 pm

i was greatly blessed and encouraged. thank u for sharing. He will never leave or forsake u.

January 19, 2012 at 11:59 pm

Thank you so much!

Kerri Smith
    January 20, 2012 at 5:51 am

Love your heart and your courage to share!

yolanda
    January 20, 2012 at 11:44 am

I havebeen here the past couple of years and this post spoke to me on so many levels.

Joan Davis
    January 20, 2012 at 1:46 pm

A great post, Barbie!  I left you a comment over at Joan’s Reflections of His Grace!