Joy Dare: {Week 2 – #28-48}

(Photo credit)

As each day comes to us refreshed and anew, so does my gratitude renew itself daily.  The breaking of the sun over the horizon is my grateful heart dawning upon a blessed world.  ~Terri Guillemets

Taking the Joy Dare and continuing to count my gifts:

28.  Coffee on demand via my Keurig!
29.  The calm even in the midst of the chaos.
30.  My soft, fluffy pillow.
31.  Productive days.
32.  Tomato soup.
33.  “I’ll hold your hand mom”!
34.  That God delights in me.
35.  That He quiets me with His love.
36.  Chicken soup.
37.  Friends who love me through the hard places.
38.  He is my strength when I am weak.
39.  Joy-filled worship service.
40.  Kindle downloads.
41.  My husband’s BBQing skills.
42.  Encouraging texts from friends.
43.  My dryer.
44.  Legos that keep my son occupied while I am cooking.
45.  The musical ability of my family.
46.  The beautiful voices of my children.
47.  Sloppy, wet kisses from my son.
48.  Letters in the mail.

Linking up with A Holy Experience, a community of joy seekers, counting our way to 1000 gifts.  Dare to join us?

1. mel.cary says:

That He quiets me with His love. Beautiful.

2. Letters in the mail are such a rare thing nowadays! How exciting and sweet!

3. Kerri Smith says:

fantastic list!! love #47…my son too is a sloppy wet kisser and I love each and every one!!

4. Doublewidemom says:

thank you for this reminder. Particularly #31, #37, #38. Great news to help me this day!

5. Stephani says:

I’ve joined the Joy Dare as well  – counting to 2000.  I really like the prompts she has given for each day.  It provides a new twist for recording my gratitude this year.  Glad you are participating!

6. Anonymous says:

Oh, I love my Keurig!  I’m not a coffee girl, but I use it for my English Breakfast Tea.

So thankful HE delights in me.  Like you, I’m blessed to have friends who help me through the hard times.

Have a wonderful day, my friend!

7. Dorie says:

ah, sloppy wet kisses – so sweet!  love number 34 – yes, His delight in His creation

8. Anonymous says:

Love your list, Barbie, especially #28, 37, 39, and 42.  🙂

Many blessings!

9. Alene Snodgrass says:

Love your list. The “letters in the mail” has stole my heart. I remember the day and now it only seems as if bills come from the postmaster. May I send out letters to bless others this week. Blessings sweet friend.

• Barbie says:

I know what you mean. There is nothing to look forward to in the mail these days. I want to go buy some cute paper and begin to write notes of encouragement to others. Blessings my friend!

10. charis says:

what a beautiful list!  i love the old fashioned letters as well!

• Barbie says:

I use to have all kinds of odds and ends paper to write little notes on. I want to get back to taking the time out of my busy week to write a letter, or even a note, to encourage someone.

11. Yay for productive days! Chicken soup… yum. Yay for husbands that can bbq! Letters in the mail are just the best. Doesn’t happen often… makes it all the more special! 🙂

12. Getting a letter in the mail?  You are truly blessed — they are a rare thing!  Lovely and blessed gifts you’ve shared.

• Barbie says:

Thank you my friend! I really want to get back to writing notes and letters as well. It speaks volumes when you know someone has taken the time to sit down and write a note.

13. Barbie says:

I look forward to reading your list!

14. Barbie says:

Thank you for stopping by today.

15. Friends, legos, God’s love, sloppy wet kisses . . . I am all wrapped up here.  Grateful for your heart, Barbie.

16. Charina says:

Calm in the midst of the chaos/storm. He delights is us….

Beautiful, thank you Barbie.

17. Anonymous says:

I love your list my friend.  o/  Bless you!

18. Anonymous says:

Love it all, Barbie, especially #29, precious calm.
    Blessings to you, my dear.
    Much love,
    Marcia

19. Such great gifts!!! God DOES delight in us; and according to Psalm 16:6 we have a “delightful inheritance.” I love the word delight!!

20. Anonymous says:

Hi Barbie, I am counting my gifts too. I missed this Monday. I will continue next Monday. I love my Keurig too. A Christmas gift.  Love my pillows, encouraging texts and many other things on your list. Keep counting, friends. God sees you and smiles. Hugs