Joy Dare: {Week 3 – #49-69}

Taking the Joy Dare and counting my way to 1000 gifts in 2012!

Thou hast given so much to me,
Give one thing more, – a grateful heart;
Not thankful when it pleaseth me,
As if Thy blessings had spare days,
But such a heart whose pulse may be Thy praise.
~George Herbert

49.  My daughter’s lost iPod, which has been found.
50.  Time spent with my oldest daughter and my future son-in-love doing wedding errands.
51.  That God is patient with me.
52.  His forgiveness.
53.  Partnering with God’s heart in intercession.
54.  The ability to bring heaven to earth through my prayers.
55.  Growing pains.
56.  Watching my youngest daughter accomplish something she didn’t think she could.
57.  Encouraging a friend.
58.  Taking dinner to a sick friend.
59.  His strong arms of love.
60.  Learning that in order to have faith, you must first have hope.
61.  Asking God to come in and heal the broken places.
62.  Organized Simplicity, a free download from Amazon (for Prime members).
63.  Learning to breathe Him in.
64.  Letting go of stress and worry.
65.  The joy my heart feels to see my daughter entering the next phase of her life.

66.  Wedding venue  booked.
67.  Wedding dress shopping on Thursday.
68.  Photographer booked.
69.  That God smiles at me.

I am linking up with Ann over at A Holy Experience today as we count our gifts to 1000 and beyond!  Will you join me there?  Or simply leave a comment below and tell me three things you are thankful for today!

1. Charina says:

Thank you for sharing Barbie and best wishes to your daughter!.

And yes to His strong arm of love! Blessings!

2. Anonymous says:

Always love your list of gifts. 🙂  How exciting for your daughter and for YOU that she is taking the next step into a new chapter of life.  What a blessing!   Oh, and what is the Organized Simplicity you speak of?  I’m for sure going to click on that one.  🙂

Blessings for a Joyous Monday!
    ~Rosann

• Barbie says:

I haven’t actually started reading the book yet, but it’s all about a clutter-free approach to simple living. Getting rid of what you don’t need, managing what you have, help with scheduling and time management, etc.  It’s written by the author of The Simple Mom.

3. Kelli says:

“The ability to bring heaven to earth through my prayers”

…heaven on earth…

beautiful gift list, counting with you…

4. Dayna Camp says:

Good Morning Barbie! So nice chatting last night! I’m so happy for you in your daughter’s upcoming marriage! Her engagement pictures are so sweet bring back recent memories of my own sweet daughter’s engagement pictures and wedding plans. This is such a beautiful time! Enjoy every minute of it! Many blessings to you! Dayna

5. Nikki says:

Wonderful quote by George Herbert and love the engagement photos!
    Beautiful list of joy, friend. Especially “Growing pains…”

6. Beautiful photos – what a blessing to your family!  I can hardly imagine being the MOM of a bride someday.  Wow!

7. Laura Rath says:

Hi Barbie, Beautiful pictures of your daughter!
    I just started my list last week. 3 things I’m thankful for are
    1- that my daughter wants to do the Joy Dare with me (she actually started her list before me!
    2- anti-lock breaks on icy roads
    3- my new blogging friends

Blessings,
    Laura

8. Kerri Smith says:

Oooh…a wedding…how fun!! When is the big day? Blessings to your daughter and your son-in-love!
    Fantastic list and fantastic photos!!

9. Love your gifts, Barbie!

1. That my children still creep into my bed in the middle of the night when they’ve had a bad dream.
    2. My big ‘ol Boxer that thinks he’s really a lap dog.
    3. Folded laundry.

Happy Monday, friend! ☺

10. Linda says:

What a great list of things you are thankful for.  Last night’s sermon was on being Thankful.  A Pastor from the Ukraine preached, and when he compared our country to his, he made us see just how truly blessed we are.  I cam away being humbled and thankful!

These are darling pictures of the cute love birds.  Ain’t Love Grand?  (:>)

• Barbie says:

It always helps to put things into perspective for me when I hear about the lives of others.  I have so much to be thankful for.  Yes, the love birds are so in love.  We are having so much fun planning the wedding!

11. Barbie says:

Thank you for stopping by Kelli!

12. lindy says:

I love the quote at the top.  To be thankful not when it pleases me, but all the time!  Congrats to your daughter.  How fun to be planning a wedding.

13. Venessa says:

Love love! #60 is my favorite on this list…so true! Those 2 words are the next tattoos I get!

14. Alene Snodgrass says:

Your gifts bring a tear to my eye. Love the pics and I can’t imagine the moment of shopping for that special wedding dress with your daughter! Just being their with my Daughter-in-Love (to be) was more that my little heart could handle. Sweet blessings friend.d