The Weekend Brew: Steadfast love

© Bernd_Leitner - Fotolia.com

The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. “The LORD is my portion,” says my soul, “therefore I will hope in him.”  (Lamentations 3:22-24)

As I begin the New Year, I am reminded that His love for me is steadfast – never ending, unchanging, without fail.  He will continue to pour out His mercy upon me.  Every morning I get to start with a clean slate.  The Lord, He alone is my portion.  I will choose the better part.

I would love for you to join me for Fresh Brewed Sundays.  This is where we share a simple scripture with simple insight.  No heavy words necessary.  Feel free to use the button in your post and link up below!

1. What a great verse to begin the new year!  I’m so glad we “met” here in blog land. 🙂

2. Joan says:

Barbie – when I did my 30 days of thanksgiving series, if there is one “theme” found consistently in the Old Testament it is regarding His steadfast love. And in the new covenant, Jesus showed the ultimate love by paying the ulitmate sacrifice. Blessings and Happy New Year!

3. Laura Rath says:

What a gracious and loving God we have! Nothing can separate us from the Lord’s love! (Romans 8:38-39)

Happy New Year!
    ~Laura

4. Child of God says:

Steadfast love! We are indeed given a gem of a gift. What a great verse for starting the New Year. God Bless

5. Ann says:

Beautiful verse. Beautiful picture! Dreaming of being on a beach…..we did bring in the new year on a beach several years ago. loved it@82c2b0f18b9f5663b3d704ee3a69ec35:disqus Wishing you many New Year’s blessings!!!

6. Kerri Smith says:

a new year…a new day…a clean slate! i am so thankful that my God starts every one of my days new and loves me regardless of what yesterday held!!
    Thank you for this wonderful verse! Bless you my friend in this new year!!

7. My hope is in Him. The word that seems to resonate with me today – hope for 2012. Glad a found your blog hop today. Didn’t realize you do one on Sunday. Blessings!

8. Charina says:

Barbie, thank you for sharing this beautiful verse.

On a side note, I am sorry for the double linky. Didn’t mean to….

9. Jenifer Metzger says:

Love this verse!

10. I am so thankful His mercies are new every morning. This is one of my favorite verses.

11. Kim says: