Five Minute Friday: Trust

I am so thrilled to be participating in the Five Minute Friday today with Lisa Jo at The Gypsy Mama.  This is my favorite meme of the week and it’s been quite some time since I’ve been able to link up.  Playing with words is good for my heart.  We receive a word prompt and just five minutes to write.  No editing or backtracking.  Just freely flowing words from my heart to yours.

This week’s prompt:  Trust

Ready…Set…Go!

© dubova - Fotolia.com

Trust.  It’s such a small word but with huge meaning.  Over the years, I have learned to trust, to put my faith in that which I could not see.  I’ve learned to “lean into the wind”, allowing it to take me where it wills, knowing that it is the One in whom I’ve placed my trust that carried the wind.  I’ve learned to walk through darkness, leaning on the everlasting arms of the One whose arms are trustworhy.  For He said that He would lead me, guide me and carry me through the storms in life.

He promised that He would never leave me nor forsake me.  When the ground beneath my feet shift, am I standing on the Solid Rock?  Am I trusting that His ways are higher, that His thoughts towards me outnumber the sand?  Or when the waves come, do I allow them to over take me, taking my eyes off the One who said to “trust me”?

Life has thrown many curve balls.  I have had to set my face like flint, to grin and bear that which I could not understand.  That which broke our hearts.  Those circumstances in life that cause you to question.  Yet, I choose to trust.  For He alone is worthy of my heart.  I give it to You, Lord.  I am choosing to trust.

Stop.

Let me hear in the morning of your steadfast love, for in you I trust. Make me know the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul.  (Psalm 143:8)

*Picture and scripture added after the timer dinged!

Do you want to play along?  Here’s how:

1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking.
2. Link back here and invite others to join in.
3. Please visit the person who linked up before you & encourage them.

1. Charina says:

Trusting alone in Him is what gives me strength as much as it gives me hope and peace.

2. Anonymous says:

Beautiful words Barbie. And your site is beautiful. Well done, sweet friend.

3. Anonymous says:

“I have had to set my face like flint” what beautiful imagry.

4. Anonymous says:

Oh friend, yes – we stand on the Solid Rock.  I love your post.

God bless you friend!
    Beth

5. Kerri Smith says:

I am so thankful that we have a God so trustworthy and we can lean on Him in times of uncertainty.
    Bless you, my friend!!

6. Trust, it really is a choice isn’t it. Blessings to you Barbie. See you on Sunday!

7. Oh yes!  Trust is hard, but God really is perfect and worthy.

8. Nikki says:

“For He alone is worthy of my heart.” Oh, how I loved this. deeply.
    thank you, friend.

9. charis says:

He is trustworthy no matter how crazy the circumstances may look.

10. Isn’t it amazing that He gives us the choice to trust? And it is a constant choice, one that has to be renewed (I’d rather not fail at that as much as I do!). Good reminder.

11. Anonymous says:

Love how you are choosing to trust Him even when it is hard…and it can be hard sometimes….have a blessed weekend, Barbie 🙂  Thank you.

12. Kim says:

Love your music and blog.  Glad to “meet” you.  I wondered if you knew why the 5 minute Friday button code isn’t working right and isn’t putting the full button on blog post when I try and use it? hmm, thought I would ask.  Look forward to coming back here!