Joy Dare: {Week 6 – #112-132}

Stock ©Ahmet Yurdaor

Joy Dare – Week 6

“Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life.  It turns what we have into enough, and more.  It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity.  It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend.  Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow.” — Melody Beattie

112.  My son finishing his 1st semester of homeschooling with straight A’s!
113.  The amazing tutor who helps my son succeed.
114.  Doctors who do precautionary testing.  Say a prayer for me Tuesday morning at 10:30am.
115.  Extra work for my husband this weekend that will bring in much needed income.
116.  Brilliant sunsets painted by the Master Artist.
117.  Rain.
118.  The way the air smells after the rain.
119.  My friend who is battling Crohn’s disease, out of the hospital and feeling better.
120.  Chinese Food.
121.  $10 jeans for my kids at Old Navy!
122.  Enjoying worship in church this morning.
123.  That nothing will ever separate me from His love.
124.  He loves me just where I am.
125.  His Name is a Strong Tower.
126.  That I am safe in the shelter of His wings.
127.  That no matter how deep I go in God, there is always MORE!
128.  BOGO meat sales!
129.  Dove chocolate.  My weak point.
130.  The Parable of the Mustard Seed.  So much good stuff there.
131.  “40 Unforgettabe Dates with Your Mate” – a FREE download to my Kindle last week.
132.  Snuggling with my two youngest in bed while my husband was away.

I am linking up with Ann over at A Holy Experience today as we count our gifts to 1000 and beyond!  Will you join me there?  Or simply leave a comment below and tell me three things you are thankful for today!

1. Charina says:

I am so with you at #127. There is always more with God.
    Thankful for my family.
    Thankful for His love!

2. Kerri Smith says:

I love the quote you have chosen! Great list….love the Parable of the mustard seed!!

3. Kandi Slocum says:

I am with you on 132 🙂 But I am thankful for the reason that my husband is away (job which = income, something we have had off and on since the recession thanks to construction)

• Barbie says:

Oh I know about that. My husband is in construction as well. He was laid off for 2.5 years and just recently went back to work. It’s temporary, for the next 8-10 months, but we are so grateful!

4. Laura Rath says:

Hi Barbie,
    I’m so there with you on Dove chocolate! 🙂
    3 things I’m thankful for today:
    -a day to myself today…I may even forgo the usual cleaning and relax!
    -peace that I can only find in Christ
    -God never ever leaves me. Even when I feel alone, I know He’s there.

Have a beautiful day! I’ll be praying!
    In Christ,

5. Rosann says:

Praying for your testing on Tuesday morning, friend.   I’m with you on the rain and the smell in the air after the rain.  Love it!  So happy to hear about your hubby’s extra work.  🙂  Wishing you an abundantly blessed week.

6. Nikki says:

Oh yes–there’s always more with God! He never gets old…. 😉
    Will be thinking and praying for you tomorrow!

7. kelseyfleming says:

#124 really hit home for me because no matter how many times I may fail he loves me no matter what. Thanks Barbie for the reminder:)

8. Beautiful sunsets make me think of Him too!

9. Katie says:

Freedom in knowing God is speaking
    Yummy new recipes
    Grace Grace Grace

10. Congrats on the straight A’s… I know how much work that is! I love the smell of the air after rain. Dove chocolate… yum. Prayers for you tomorrow morning!

11. Anonymous says:

Love the quote; prayed for you for Tues am…let us know how it goes, if you can…may you sense His peace and love for you…Thankful for His love and that we can always go deeper as you say…Blessings to you 🙂

12. charis says:

the smell after the rain is pretty amazing… Just something about a clean earth… it reminds me how much I also love the smell of a clean child.

praying for your tests tomorrow! He is your strong tower!

13. Caitlin says:

I love the quote at the top! Gratitude is so vital! I have been making a list every night this year of the things I’m thankful for. It really helps you to keep your perspective in check 🙂

14. Cherie says:

I love #127!  How true that God always has MORE for us!

15. Barbie says: