Joy Dare: {Week 7 – #133-153}

sunrise by sisterlisa, on Pix-O-Sphere

Joy Dare – Week 7

The unthankful heart… discovers no mercies; but let the thankful heart sweep through the day and, as the magnet finds the iron, so it will find, in every hour, some heavenly blessings!  ~Henry Ward Beecher

133.  Raw honesty of friends.
134.  A grieving heart that is pulled closer to the Lord.
135.  An extra long weekend.
136.  A shiny quarter found on a muddy trail.
137.  The prayer covering of friends I’ve never met.
138.  Laughter.
139.  Slowing down.
140.  A lovely Valentines dinner with my sweetheart.
141.  Watching my two oldest children grow into God-fearing, beautiful adults.
142.  For this book that I get the privilege of reading and reviewing soon on my blog.
143.  Freshly mopped floors.
144.  His overwhelming peace.
145.  A handy-man husband who can fix just about anything.
146.  Warm, buttery pancakes.
147.  The gift of K-Cups for my Keurig from a friend.
148.  Time to relax and recharge.
149.  That He loves me, despite my faults.
150.  A visit with my aunt, who I haven’t seen for three years.
151.  Friends who text, “I’m thinking of you”.
152.  Feeling insignificant, but knowing He is all I need.
153.  Standing on His Word that heals all my disease.

I am linking up with Ann over at A Holy Experience today as we count our gifts to 1000 and beyond!  Will you join me there?  Or simply leave a comment below and tell me three things you are thankful for today!

1. Renee says:

What a wonderful list…and oh how I love freshly mopped floors!  I’m praying for you this morning 🙂

2. Anonymous says:

I love your list Barbie. I love the way you find grace in all the moments God affords you.  Beautiful, my friend.

3. Stephani says:

Amen to #145.  My husband too can fix or build anything.  Such a blessing. We received a Keurig as a Christmas gift.  I don’t drink coffee, and my husband drinks it rarely, but I’m anxious to try the hot chocolate.

4. Susan Pardoe says:

Lovely Barbie!  You’re such a sweet person.  My favorites are #134, #148, and #152.  🙂

5. Prayer covering of friends I’ve never met… that is such a special gift. Slowing down. Yes. Oh… I need to mop my floors! 🙂

6. Tammy says:

Beautiful list. Really like 152.

7. Char Larez says:

Thank you for sharing! I would love to get together soon.

• Barbie says:

Thanks for visiting my blog Char! Yes, let’s get together soon. Why don’t you send me a message on Facebook and let me know your availability? Although this week will be sort of hard, but I could do Sunday late afternoon?

8. Lea says:

Barbie, what a great list! I have a handy man husband too and I truly think they are few and far between, so we are blessed for sure.  And, I agree, gotta love those K-cups!  As I said, a great list!

9. Oh my – raw honest of friends. I had a week where I needed my friends pour raw truth in me and they did. There is nothing more precious than that sacred trust where friends can do that. Blessings sweet friend. You’re a blessing to me.

10. Janette Wright says:

Wonderful thank you list…and I even nodded with the thanks for newly mopped floors.
    Blessings

11. charis says:

your first one is a tough one, but really it is a good one.  i guess that is how you really know that someone is a real friend.

12. Barbie, awesome list!  You seem to find goodness and grace in all things, a sure sign of your faith.  I’m glad we’ve connected online.  🙂

13. Kerri Smith says:

I always love your joy filled list! I am especially drawn in by 144, 149 and 152….thank you God!
    Have a blessed week, my friend

14. Nikki says:

Your lists of joy are always a breath of fresh air for me, friend. . . so raw and honest. thank you for encouraging me today! (and yes–I’m this far behind in my blog reading) 🙂