The Weekend Brew: Altogether beautiful

You are altogether beautiful, my love; there is no flaw in you.
(Song of Solomon 4:7)

I saw this at Modsquad last week and it struck a chord in my spirit.  It was just after I wrote my post about being good enough.  I’ve been pressing in hard this week.  I am at a place in my journey where I must have greater revelation of how He sees me.

When all I see is my ugliness, my imperfections and my less than desirable excess weight,

He says that I am beautiful.

When I fall short and feel like I don’t measure up,

He says there is no flaw in me.

You are loved today, my friend.  You are beautiful and perfect in His eyes.  Meditate on this today, for it is truth.

I would love for you to join me for Fresh Brewed Sundays.  This is where we share a scripture with just simple insight.  No heavy words necessary.  Feel free to use the button in your post and link up below!

1. Laura Rath says:

What great conversation Friday regarding this verse on Modsquad! I loved it.

I was reading in 1 Samuel this morning and when I read your post, I thought of this verse, “But the LORD said to Samuel, “Don’t judge by his appearance or height, for I have rejected him. The LORD doesn’t see things the way you see them. People judge by outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart.” (1 Sam 16:7) What matters is how God sees us! (I was telling myself this today!)

In Christ,
    Laura

2. Child of God says:

Like the warm sun shining on a cold wintery day is this verse to me. It sure is nice to know that God sees no flaw in me because sometimes that is all I see, flaws.

Blessings

3. Genny Heikka says:

I love this, Barbie! Just today, as I was driving, the song Beautiful came on and I was so struck by the words. There have been times in my life I have felt so much less than beautiful and it is so refreshing to remember and BELIEVE how He sees us. Always.

Always.

Hugs!
    Genny

• Barbie says:

That song always brings me to tears.  I know the words are true, but I have a hard time accepting them for me.  I am keeping this verse in front of me for a while.

4. Charina says:

Oh yes, our Lord look not at the outward appearance but rather at our hearts!

Believe me I tell this myself at times. Blessings!

• Barbie says:

Charina, it’s something I constantly have to tell myself.  Even if I don’t quite believe it, I keep telling myself.  Sooner or later, I will accept it!

5. Shelly says:

Why is it so much easier for us to point out the flaws than accept the way we are? It is a stuggle that most women fight daily. I want this too Barbie, to see myself flawless, the way He does. Great devotion this morning.

6. Deb says:

Thank you for this reminder. Blessings!

7. Anonymous says:

Oh Sister, I need to meditate on this scripture.  I battle often.

8. Kerri Smith says:

A perfect reminder that I needed to hear…thank you!

9. Nikki says:

This is something I need to be reminded of often. Thank you, Barbie for starting my week off right!

10. Barbie, this is beautiful scripture.  I’m planning some extra time in the Word this week…  and this is a great verse for me to meditate on.  Thanks!

11. Anonymous says:

What a beautiful word my friend!  We are beautiful in the sight of the Lord…despite all of our flaws and imperfections.  I’m so grateful because I am constantly beating myself up.  Thanks for the reminder!

• Barbie says:

I beat myself up all the time too. I know how it must grieve His heart, to have me think of myself in this light. But I must remember how He sees me. For that is all that matters.