The Weekend Brew: He Fills the Hungry

© Mele Avery - Fotolia.com

For he satisfies the thirsty and fills the hungry with good things.  (Psalm 107:9)

This week, as I continue on my journey of learning to eat healthier, I know that God is with me.  He promises to satisfy me and fill me with good things.  I am determined this week to allow Him to fill me with the truth of His Word, and not give in to the schemes of the enemy.  He is the bread of life, the only One who satisfies.

I would love for you to join me for Fresh Brewed Sundays.  This is where we share a simple scripture with simple insight.  No heavy words necessary.  Feel free to use the button in your post and link up below!

1. Laura Rath says:

Hi Barbie,
    I also thought of Matthew 4:4… Jesus answered, “It is written: ‘Man does not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.’ ”
    I knew it was in the New Testament, but until I looked it up, I didn’t realize it’s also in Deut. 8:3. I love when I learn something new about Scripture!

God bless,
    Laura

2. Nikki says:

Amen, friend. Amen.

3. As soon as I say I am going to eat better, it seems temptation knocks on every door! I chose Psalm 107 today too. Hope you have a great Sunday.

4. Elizabeth says:

Hi Barbie!  Thanks for your kind comment on my scripture and snapshot post about trust.  Your prayers for my kids would be so appreciated.  (Would it be appropriate to link my weekly scripture and snapshot over here as well?)
    I loved your post on {in}courage!  Congratulations!
    Sorry about Google not letting you use the followers gadget anymore.  So glad you are still following though!

5. Charina says:

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to link up with you Barbie and tell the world of His love. Blessings!

6. carissa says:

what a great application!  you will do well this week as you rely on him. happy healthy eating to you, my dear!

• Barbie says:

Thank you Carissa! God is leading me to change the plan a bit I think. I am just trying to go full force, with little energy to do it! I’ll share more on Friday.

7. charis says:

Yes, may He fill you with good things!