26 In Weekend Whispers

The Weekend Brew: His Deep Love

I pray that from his glorious, unlimited resources he will empower you with inner strength through his Spirit. 17Then Christ will make his home in your hearts as you trust in him. Your roots will grow down into God’s love and keep you strong. 18And may you have the power to understand, as all God’s people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep his love is. 19May you experience the love of Christ, though it is too great to understand fully. Then you will be made complete with all the fullness of life and power that comes from God.  (Ephesians 3:16-19)

I love this scripture.  I chose vs. 17 as the tagline for this blog.  My heart is to always convey the love of God, no matter what my circumstances in life.  I am on a continual journey of understanding the depth of His love for me.  It overwhelms me at times, to think that the God of the universe, the One who created heaven and earth, cares about me.  But He does!  And He cares about you too!  May your roots go down deep into the rich soil of His love, and may you experience a fresh touch of His love today!

I would love for you to join me for Fresh Brewed Sundays.  This is where we share a simple scripture with simple insight.  No heavy words necessary.  Feel free to use the button in your post and link up below!

Nikki
    February 11, 2012 at 9:28 pm

Oh, Barbie. I prayed these exact verses over my son tonight. They are some of my very favorites. and I love how you added to the blessing they have been to me! Thank you!

February 12, 2012 at 10:19 pm

We sing this scripture often in the house of prayer.  My heart could stay here forever!

Blue Cotton Memory
    February 11, 2012 at 10:01 pm

I so want those roots to grow down into His love!!! I agree with Nikki – this is an awesome verse to pray over my sons!

February 12, 2012 at 10:43 pm

Thank you for stopping by today!

Helen Tisdale
    February 11, 2012 at 10:05 pm

Barbie!  Such a beautiful post!  This is one of my favorite scriptures too!  And your picture of the tree with the massive roots was fantastic!  I made a copy for my files; as I would like to do an extensive study on “roots”.  Last Oct. Kimberly from Planting Of The Lord did a wonderful 31 day of posting on roots!  It was awesome!
    Be blessed my sister.  You are such a blessing to me!  I so appreciate the gift within you to express yourself so well in writing.

February 12, 2012 at 10:44 pm

Thank you Helen for your beautiful encouragement.  I blogged along side Kimberly earlier this year and did my “31 Days of Abiding” posts.  You can find links on the button at the bottom of my blog!

Charina
    February 12, 2012 at 2:16 am

Love this scripture too Barbie. Thank you. Blessings!

February 12, 2012 at 10:45 pm

Thank you friend!  Always appreciate your visits.

Anonymous
    February 12, 2012 at 4:46 am

I love the photo with this post Barbie!  I also love that verse 17 states that our roots will grow down into God’s love and keep us strong.   There is a connection between God’s love and our strength.  I’m going to have to chew on this.  Bless you!

February 12, 2012 at 10:45 pm

The deeper we go into the soil of His love, the stronger we are!  Have a blessed week friend!

Rosann
    February 12, 2012 at 5:44 am

I love the image of the tree roots with this scripture.  It really brings the depth of God’s love to a visual image in my mind.  In our adult Sunday school class at church we’ve been studying the book of Ephesians and while I love the entire thing, this section has been my absolute favorite.  Wishing you a beautiful Sunday, friend.  And always covering you in prayer from my side of the country.  🙂

Hugs,
    ~Rosann

February 12, 2012 at 10:46 pm

Thank you friend!

Jen B.
    February 12, 2012 at 5:47 am

I love these verses!  I think I’m going to join up with you today.  My kindle cover I got from Amazon.com.

February 12, 2012 at 10:46 pm

You’re welcome to join any time Jen!  We would love to have you.

Shelly Miller
    February 12, 2012 at 6:48 am

Love this verse and I echo your feelings. Often get overcome with emotion over the depth of His unfathomable love for me during worship. Hope you feel His presence with you today and always Barbie. Blessings on this Sunday morning friend.

February 12, 2012 at 10:46 pm

Thank you friend!

The Watered Soul
    February 12, 2012 at 7:57 am

Stopped by for a fresh sip before heading out to God’s house.

February 12, 2012 at 10:47 pm

Ah I love that!  Praying you had a blessed Sunday!

Maria @ A Blooming Spirit
    February 12, 2012 at 8:09 am

Growing deep roots into His love is such a beautiful goal and image.  A lovely thought to keep you through the days.  Have a beautiful day, Barbie.  And thanks for hosting.

February 12, 2012 at 10:47 pm

Thank you Maria!  Have a beautiful week!

Kerri Smith
    February 12, 2012 at 3:13 pm

I love the imagery of our roots growing deep into His love which makes us strong. I also love verse 18 in regards to understanding just how wide, how long, how high and how deep that love is. It just makes me realize that no matter how deep I think my roots are in Him….there is a whole lot more room for me to grow deeper!

February 12, 2012 at 10:47 pm

That’s what I love about God.  There is always MORE!  Have a lovely week.

Child of God
    February 12, 2012 at 3:51 pm

What a wonderful tagline to have for this blog of yours; perfect! Roots firmly in the soil of Christ Jesus.

Blessings,

February 12, 2012 at 10:48 pm

Thanks for linking up today friend!

Patsy Paterno
    February 12, 2012 at 5:41 pm

What a wonderful verse! I love the part about our roots going down deep into God’s love and keeping us strong. Yes that is where our strength comes from!

February 12, 2012 at 10:48 pm

So true!  Thank you Patsy!