14 In My 5 Minute Fridays

Five Minute Friday: Ache

On Fridays, I join in with The Gypsy Mama, as we play with words.  This is where we receive a word prompt and write for just 5 minutes.  No over thinking, no planning ahead, no editing.  Just words, freely flowing from my heart to yours.

Today’s Prompt:  Ache

Ready…Set…Go!

I was born with an ache in my heart.

It’s an ache so deep, from places within my heart and soul that I don’t even know exist.

It’s a longing, a yearning.  It’s a desire to be fully satisfied.  Not left wanting.  Not left unfulfilled.

Desperately I try to fill the voids created by this ache that brings forth pain long forgotten.

Echoes of moments of regret.  Times when I veered off the path laid out for me.  The safe path.  The path to freedom.

This ache can only be satisfied by One.  So I come.  I drink up.  Yet I am left wanting more.  How is it I can drink of Him and be filled and yet long for more?  I must continually come and drink.  For only His living water washes the ache away.

This ache.  I don’t ever want to be unaware of it’s presence in my life.  Oh that He would cause me to be aware of my thirst for the One Thing that satisfies.

As the deer pants for the water brooks,
So pants my soul for You, O God.
My soul thirsts for God, for the living God.
When shall I come and appear before God?  (Psalm 42:1-2 NKJV)

Stop.

*Scripture and emphasis added after the timer went off.

Would you like to play with words today?  I promise it’s not scary.  You will love it!

Here’s how you can join in:

1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking
2. Link back here and invite others to join in.
3. Please visit the person who linked up before you & encourage them in their comments.

Anonymous
    March 2, 2012 at 3:45 am

Lovely Barbie!  I understand this ache.  I never have enough when it comes to my Lord.  I am always seeking a deeper walk with Him.  Beautiful!

March 3, 2012 at 7:20 pm

Me too Beth.  I never want to come to a place where I am satisfied.  There is always more!

Kerri Smith
    March 2, 2012 at 8:25 am

Beautiful, my friend. I am more aware now that the ache that I feel/felt is for Him….for many years I tried to fill it with other “stuff”. I am so glad that I now know that the only way to fill the void is with Him and Him alone

Ro elliott
    March 2, 2012 at 9:19 am

oh yes…continuing to fill with Him…He alone can fill this ache in our hearts…and maybe we just have to carry a little of it with us until we see Him face to face…
    blessings to you…

March 3, 2012 at 7:21 pm

Thank you for visiting and your sweet encouragement.

Anonymous
    March 2, 2012 at 12:10 pm

I relate to that ache and how only He can fill us, and refill us…grateful how that ache leads us to ble closer to Him…blessings to you, Barbie 🙂

March 3, 2012 at 7:21 pm

Yes.  It’s that ache that causes me to look for Him and it draws me into His presence, out of desperation, a longing to be filled.

Nikki
    March 2, 2012 at 12:12 pm

And that moment we realize what fills the ache, that makes it subside, is worth celebrating indeed! So thrilled you know the answer, friend. Am blessed by your words as always, thank you!

March 3, 2012 at 7:22 pm

And I am blessed by your visits friend, always!

Anonymous
    March 2, 2012 at 2:55 pm

What a refreshing post, Barbie!  The beautiful imagery causes me to feel the thirst, the need, the want.  Your space always blesses me, sweet friend!

March 3, 2012 at 7:22 pm

Thank you so much Stefanie!

Tamika
    March 2, 2012 at 11:54 pm

Love this post! What a beautiful ache. I appreciated your words today and I will be back to your blog again. So glad I found you. May you always be blessed!

Tamika @ No Time for Tea Parties

March 3, 2012 at 7:26 pm

Thank you for visiting Tamika. And I am looking forward to stopping by your place as well.