The Weekend Brew: Arise and Shine!

My son has been capturing the most amazing sunrises with his iPhone in the mornings.  This picture in particular really spoke to me.  It reminded me that every day I have an opportunity, probably many opportunities, to bring glory to God.  Sometimes I get stuck in a rut and think that I have nothing to offer.  But God says, “arise and shine”!  He has gifted me with unique talents and abilities, and I get to use those gifts in partnership with Him to bring glory to His name.

What are you going to do today to bring Him glory?

I would love for you to join me for Fresh Brewed Sundays.  This is where we share a scripture with just simple insight.  No heavy words necessary.  Feel free to use the button in your post and link up below!

1. Nikki says:

That is an AMAZING photo! Great job, Ryan!
    and what a perfect message to go with it.
    Yes, tomorrow when I rise, I’m going to strive to shine — for Him!
    To God be the glory…
    Beautiful encouragement, friend. Thank you!

2. Child of God says:

Beautiful!!! I love taking pics with the iphone always turns out beautiful. 🙂 Excellent job Ryan!! Arise and shine child of God!

3. susieklein says:

wow! That is a truly gorgeous moment to capture!

4. Okay, I love that your son is capturing the sun rise on his I-phone. That actually says a lot. Happy Palm Sunday to you Barbie.

5. laura deleon says:

Hey Barbie, you are right…we have many opportunities to glorify God – i must remember this too.  Great photo from Ryan too!

6. Dawn Paoletta says:

Beautiful! Amazing one can catch the sun with a phone like that! Thanks, I will link up later on Sunday!

7. Laura Rath says:

Barbie, your insight today is inspiring! I forget that I have something to offer God every day. Thanks for sharing and hosting the link up.
    God bless,

8. Thank you for stopping by Leaving A Legacy! It is nice to meet you as well. 🙂 Your son captured such a beautiful sunrise. It is so true, each day is a gift He gives us! Thanks for sharing this,

9. Just beautiful–your son’s photo, your words…just all of it. Thank you, friend. I needed this encouragement now. Blessings to you!

10. Joan says:

I love photos of sunrises and this one is really beautiful. The parable of the talents has been on my mind of late and how we are not to hide the talents God gave us. We use them, not for our glory, but Hi.

11. Thank you for this, friend.  This morning was a rough morning for me (thanks to morning sickness), but this is a beautiful reminder that He has called me to arise and shine no matter what.  🙂

12. Noreen Taylor says:

Hi Barbie, I just saw your comment at Loren’s blog and wonder if this is why we haven’t been connecting-you are now on Word Press. Since I haven’t seen you for ages, I’m thinking this must be the reason behind our missing eachother.  Hope you are well.
    In His Love, Noreen

• Barbie says:

Noreen, thank you for commenting again. I’ve done some digging and just found your blog again. I’ve now added you to my Reeder so I won’t lose you again. I’ve missed you!

13. Lea says:

What a gorgeous picture and especially to share on this Palm Sunday. Blessings to you this Easter week!

14. Kerri Smith says:

what a fantastic photo and such a perfect scripture verse!
    my desire is to arise and shine for Him!!
    blessings, my friend and thank you for this nudge

15. Debbie says:

You always bring glory to His name in your writings and art Barbie!

16. Barbie says:

Abundant blessings to you my sweet friend!

17. amber says:

i love the idea of women sharing scripture and insights together~
    blogging is such a  neat tool to encourage the body of Christ from all over the world..
    and having never met!! 🙂

blessings to you!

18. just beautiful!!! I love that verse!

19. Barbie says:

Amber, do you have a blog?  I would love for you to link up if you ever can.