Weekend Whispers

The Weekend Brew: Bless The Lord!

© Dudarev Mikhail - Fotolia.com

Bless the Lord, O my soul,
and all that is within me,
bless his holy name!
2Bless the Lord, O my soul,
and forget not all his benefits,
3 who forgives all your iniquity,
who heals all your diseases,
4 who redeems your life from the pit,
who crowns you with steadfast love and mercy,
5 who satisfies you with good
so that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s.
(Psalm 103:1-5)

Sometimes, I need to stir up my Spirit Man to bless the Lord.  I wish I could say it was always easy to give Him the praise and adoration that He is worthy of.  But sometimes, life’s circumstances cloud my perspective.  But I am learning the power of praise and thanksgiving, and the power of giving Him honor — no matter what.  To reflect on the things He’s already done, gives me strength to look forward to the things that I am still waiting for answers for.  I never want to forgot where I came from, or what He’s done for me.  He is good, all the time, and so deserving of my praise.

I would love for you to join me for Fresh Brewed Sundays.  This is where we share a scripture with just simple insight.  No heavy words necessary.  Feel free to use the button in your post and link up below!

20 thoughts on “The Weekend Brew: Bless The Lord!”

1. Debbie says:

Barbie, the only way I am able to view your blog is through a different browser.  Google Chrome doesn’t work as the screen turns blue.  I think it might be  your music player but not sure.

Anyway, I am not giving up on you friend.  You always have wonderful insights and a beautiful writing style.

Blessings and love,
    Debbie

1. Barbie says:

I am sorry friend. I am going to remove the music player briefly. Would you mind testing it when I do and letting me know if you can then view it in Google Chrome? It’s been frustrating and how knows who isn’t visiting me. boo hoo!

1. Kerri Smith says:

I was having the same problem and would switch browsers to visit you. Today it works in Google Chrome….it must be the music player.

2. Debbie says:

It is now working Barbie!  Yay …

1. Barbie says:

Thank you ladies.  I am so thankful.  I am hoping to get my music player back on my blog.  I am glad you can visit me again and comment!

2. debra elramey says:

This is the scripture I say almost daily, and have encouraged my daughter to memorize.  What better benefits could we ask for?  In a day and age when most are harping on health insurance, I say the Lord has the best plan of them all!

~ Blessings

1. Barbie says:

Amen! I couldn’t agree more. Thanks for stopping by today.

3. Carol Shirvinsky says:

Amen!  My word for this year of many many changes is Praise!  I do love this Scripture!

1. Barbie says:

Thanks Carol!

4. Kerri Smith says:

I love this piece of Scripture!! Such a beautiful reminder of who our God truly us….how can we NOT praise Him!!
    Have a blessed week, my friend!

1. Barbie says:

Thank you Kerri!

5. Meg says:

Love this scripture, Barbie.  Thank you for sharing your heart!

6. laura says:

This is one of my favorite scriptures…it is always appropriate.  Love Laura D.

7. Nikki says:

First off, I got on your blog without a blue screen! yay!
    and this verse made my day. thank you 🙂 I’ve been singing the old worship song I know based on this psalm all day. love it!

1. Barbie says:

Yay for no more blue screens. Sad that it was my lovely music player that was interferring, but hopefully my designer/music man will be able to figure that out. Sing away girl!

8. Jennifer_StudioJRU says:

Sometimes I need to stir up my spirit too! Love how you put that. Such a beautiful verse and you found a fantastic photo to go with it!! 🙂

1. Barbie says:

Thank you Jennifer. I hope your having a beautiful Sunday.

9. charis says:

what a beautiful passage to share!

10. Courtney Buxton says:

I just discovered your blog and this link up through Scripture and a Snapshot – love it here! All the little coffee rings are precious, and especially appropriate as I sip my morning coffee and read. So glad to know you now. Also, I know what you mean about circumstances clouding prayer. Right now, I’m focusing on thanking God for my troubles as an antidote to anxiety, instead of just asking for relief. To be sure, I’m asking for relief, too, but the thanksgiving for everything is an important part that I forget.

11. Patsy Paterno says:

Yes there is real power in praise and thanksgiving. i have to learn to be consistent in praising God because sometimes I am full of praise and then I forget for days at a time!