Weekend Whispers

The Weekend Brew: Rest For My Anxious Heart

© Piotr Marcinski - Fotolia.com

Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. (Philippians 4:6 NLT).

My heart has been restless this week.  I have been easily irritated, short tempered and near tears.  There is nothing in particular that I can pinpoint for the cause.  But I do notice that when I try to do things in my own strength, I get easily frustrated.  God says to bring everything to Him in prayer.  He cares about even the smallest need.  And when I begin to praise Him and thank Him for what He’s already done in my life, my heart begins to be at rest and the anxiety cannot reamin.

Are you anxious today?  Bring your need before the Lord, and thank Him for what He’s already done.  Anxiety has no place in a heart that is fully at rest in Him!

I would love for you to join me for Fresh Brewed Sundays.  This is where we share a scripture with just simple insight.  No heavy words necessary.  Feel free to use the button in your post and link up below!

23 thoughts on “The Weekend Brew: Rest For My Anxious Heart”

1. Shelly Miller says:

I noticed this with my kids when they were little, that I would get angry and frustrated easily when what they were doing was beyond my control. It was a hard lesson to learn, one I am still aware of.  Thanks for the reminder, you are a wise woman.

1. Barbie says:

Thank you Shelly.  I think I can handle this parenting thing on my own sometimes.  And although my oldest two are grown and don’t need as much discipline, I find the older I get, the less patient I get.  But God is always there to bail me out!

2. Child of God says:

Hi Barbie,
    I too have been anxious and it has led me into trouble. My family doesn’t understand and they just want mom to be her normal happy self but sometimes I just lose it and melt. Today I am finding it hard to rest in Him when the ones that are close to me don’t understand and seem not to support me.

Good verse, it sure does strike a chord in me.

Blessings,

1. Barbie says:

Praying for you today my friend!

3. Dlclovejourney says:

Love the verse. It is so true and I totally get where you are, I am there too. But He is bigger than all the stress and anxiety and only He can give us the peace we seek!

1. Barbie says:

Amen friend!  Leaning in to Him today!

4. Anonymous says:

Going to Him with you, my friend…such a great reminder…thank you 🙂

1. Barbie says:

Thankful to have you along on the journey!

5. Laura Rath says:

Hi Barbie,
    You’ve described me this week as well. I’ve been restless, irritable, hurting, and in tears. Focus seems to be escaping me, which is why I haven’t written anything yet to link up. Ideas come, and I planned a day of writing today…but it’s not turning out that way. Thank you for this reminder.

1. Barbie says:

I will be praying for you my friend.  And don’t rush the words.  Just sit and meditate on His goodness today!

6. Keenalynn says:

A timely word, indeed. Thanks for sharing.

1. Barbie says:

Thank you so much!

7. Ann says:

I listed this verse on my facebook page under favorite quotes….I also added there that this is one of my life goals, as it seems I keep forgetting and have to learn to not worry and depend on Him quite often. Thanks for reminding me, Barbie!! I’m glad God brought this verse to your memory and allowed you to find peace through Him!!

In His Lo♥e, Ann

1. Barbie says:

It’s easy to forgot, to try to do things on our own.  I am so thankful for His gentle nudges!

8. Floralba Arbelo says:

Your post seems like a lesson I’m constantly learning – and have yet to master – DOING IT ALL IN HIS STRENGTH!!! Thank you for the reminder that it’s not about me; without Him I can do nothing! Bless you.

1. Barbie says:

So true, I cannot do anything in my own strength.  Thank you for visiting today and linking up!

9. Jen@A Drop in the Bucket says:

Very good reminder. It is in those times that I find it difficult to just go to Him for help. It is a good challenge for me to learn to do that.

1. Barbie says:

Thanks Jen!  I am still learning too!

10. charis says:

thanks barbie.  i needed this verse this evening.

1. Barbie says:

Be blessed my friend!

11. Denise J. Hughes says:

Oh, Barbie, this is one of my favorite verses. I’m so thankful that He remembers us, even in those anxious moments. Thank you for this reminder to look to Him, in all things, and to give thanks.

1. Barbie says:

Praying you are blessed my friend!

12. Michele-Lyn Ault says:

It has been a long week that has brought many stresses… and none I haven’t faced before. But why does it take so long to cast care? I am a slow learner 🙂 but I am so grateful He will never turn me away…

Thank you for this perfect reminder of grace… blessings to you.