The Weekend Brew: He Calls Me Friend

© Peter Heckmeier - Fotolia.com

I no longer call you slaves, because a master doesn’t confide in his slaves. Now you are my friends, since I have told you everything the Father told me.
(John 15:15)

Before Jesus was taken from this earth, He had a long talk with His disciples.  He talked to them about remaining in His presence.  And He called them friends.  That I too can be a friend of God is something that I only have recently began to grasp.  It’s easy for me to see Him as Lord, Savior, Deliverer.  But friend?  That the God of the universe actually cares about me in this way, that He desires to talk with me, to share His heart with me, to listen to me.  This is mind boggling at times.

I would love for you to join me for Fresh Brewed Sundays.  This is where we share a scripture with just simple insight.  No heavy words necessary.  Feel free to use the button in your post and link up below!

1. Shelly Miller says:

so thankful with you Barbie, for this knowing that He calls us friend. And daughter. That we have this kind of access, it’s sometimes beyond comprehension. But I am learning too. Lovely Sunday reflection, appreciate your words.

2. Laura Rath says:

Hi Barbie,
    Isn’t it incredible that the Lord wants to spend one-on-one time with each of His children!! We are so blessed!
    God bless,
    Laura

3. Sally says:

Aaaah, FRIEND.  There has never been a friend like Jesus!  =)

4. Child of God says:

Isn’t it amazing?! To know the God of all calls us friend! Blows me away. Thanks for sharing this verse, I love reading about His love for us.

Blessings,

5. Thank you for stopping by Leaving A Legacy today. I loved your post. It reminded me of the song “What a Friend We Have In Jesus.” I’m singing it now. 🙂

6. Charina says:

Barbie, yes what a true friend we have in Jesus! Blessings!

7. Dawn Paoletta says:

Happy Sunday, Barbie! Thankful for His friendship and the fact that he makes friends of us through the unity of His Spirit. Joy multiplied!

8. Kerri Smith says:

in my personal study last week, this was one of the verses that i was reading. such a beautiful reminder of the relationship He desires to have with us…not just to lead us and guide us but to wrap His arms around us and to carry us through….what a friend we have in Jesus!

9. Anonymous says:

That is an amazing thought isn’t it Barbie?  That the God of all creation would consider us a friend.

Thank you for that reminder today!

Love and hugs!
    Beth

10. Deb says:

Great reminder that Jesus calls us friend.

11. so blessed by that!

12. Susan says:

Oh what an amazing picture with that verse!!
     Hope your day is blessed!

13. Janis says:

Well Barbie….what beauty you bring to Sundays!  I will have to spend some time reading here on your lovely blog!  What a treasure!!!  Thank you for visiting mine and for your sweet comments!

14. Stephani says:

This is neat.  I’ll have to link up sometime! I love that photography at the top too. Thanks for stopping by today!

15. Barbie says:

Oh that’s one of my favorite songs to sing when I feel all alone.  He’s so close!

16. Barbie says:

Thank you for stopping by Susan!

17. Christina says:

Yes! So thankful that he is not ashamed to call me friend. Such a beautiful truth. Blessings to you!

18. Barbie, I love your Sundays idea. And I am so thankful we are friends with God.  What a privilege. Enjoy this day. I hope to meet you someday and get that hug you mention in your about you section. 🙂

19. Nikki says:

It is mind boggling! and humbling. and I’m honored and am striving to be a great friend to Him… 🙂
    (birthday parties got the better of me this weekend, I didn’t get linked up, but I hope to fix that next week! )