Five Minute Friday: Perspective

Today I am linking up with Lisa-Jo and company for the 5 Minute Friday.  This is where I am given a word prompt and get to write, for just five minutes, without worrying about perfection.  I love what has been flowing out of my heart during these writing exercises.

Today’s Prompt:  Perspective

Ready…Set…Go!

Life is what you make of it.

Look on the bright side.

Live life to the fullest.

Filled to the brim.

Overflowing with a thankful heart.

I am learning to see life a different way.  There is an exchange that takes place in my heart when I take my eyes off of my circumstances, and choose to focus on the good.  Although not always seen, this good is there.  Sometimes lurking amongst piles of dirty dishes, or buried like treasure below mounds of laundry that has yet to be folded.

They say life is all about how you see it.  Yet with my human eye what I see is clear to me.  I am learning to look much deeper to find the glimmer in each day.  Hope always springs forth.  Hope is blooming in my heart.

Lord, open my eyes to see Your beauty which is all around me.  Help me to focus my attention on You, and not on my circumstances.  May I begin to see with your perspective, and with a heart overflowing with joy and gratitude.

Stop.

Would you like to join us?  Here’s how:

1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking
2. Link back here and invite others to join in.
3. Please visit the person who linked up before you & encourage them in their comments.

1. Beautiful, friend.  I need this reminder today.

2. Kerri Smith says:

Amen! to see with His perspective…with a joy filled heart! absolutely beautiful, my friend!

3. Kelli says:

“buried like treasure ” ooh, I like that! I am going to start digging in laundry piles, and dirty dishes, and maybe in the knee high grass outside in the backyard with the lawn mower today! 😉

4. Pamela says:

Hope is something we all need.  I believe it is a gift of God and brings with it joy and peace.  Beautiful and encouraging words!

5. Stacy says:

“There is an exchange that takes place in my heart when I take my eyes off of my circumstances, and choose to focus on the good.” There is so much wisdom in that small statement. 🙂 Loved reading this today.

6. charis says:

i like the analogy of the good under the pile of laundry.  that is where it was hiding!

7. Stephani says:

I loved our prompt today because it actually made me think about my perspective on certain things! Always seeking God’s perspective is what I strive for! – (Did I tell you that I’m following you on Instagram now? I couldn’t remeber if I told you that!)  Have a great weekend!

8. Yes, yes, yes: “There is an exchange that takes place in my heart when I take my eyes off of my circumstances, and choose to focus on the good.” I’ve experienced this too. Thank you for the reminder today.

9. Barbie says:

Thanks for the Instagram follow.  Now tell me, do I already follow you?  Can you tell I follow too many people?  If I am not, I will be!

10. susie klein says:

Oh I love this post! Perspective is so interesting, the ways we can see things in totally different lights according to our mindset etc.
    I like this 5 Minute Friday  thing, Maybe I will join next week!