37 In family

A Confession

I have a confession to make.  Are you ready?

I.  Am.  Not.  Super Woman.

Nope.  I’m not.

If you visit my blog regularly, you know that my daughter is getting married next Saturday.  Up until last week, I’ve been managing to keep up with all of the demands in my life: family, work, wedding planning, and blogging (with the exception of falling behind in reading the 1000+ items in my Google Reader).  Uhm.  Yeah.  I have a serious addiction to your blogs.  I love you.  What can I say.  Back to the confession.

This week I hit an emotional wall.

I crashed.  Hard.  I’ve been crying all week.  Don’t get me wrong, this is a joyous time.  But, I am under a lot of stress as we head into the last week of preparations.  And honestly, it’s been a little scary on the financial side and it’s been keeping me up at night.  It’s like trying to fit a square peg into a round hole.  I am not sure how we will make the final payments on a couple of things.  But I know this.  God is good.  And God provides.  And we are trusting.

I am so behind on reading.

Someone told me to just hit delete and move on.  To start fresh.  But I can’t.  I cannot skip anything that might be going on in your lives.  Will I actually read the gazillion posts that are cramming up my reader?  Nope. But those that draw my attention will be read.  It just may take time.  I miss you.  I miss visiting your blogs and leaving encouragement.

I have nothing fresh for you.

I apologize for not getting my June photo-a-day pictures up this week.  I hope to combine them along the way and catch up after the wedding.  And next week, with the exception of my Freshly Brewed Sundays post, I will not be putting up fresh content.  I hope to pull a few of my archives from way back when no one knew I was here.  That ought to be fun!

It’s hard for me to let go.

I have to admit.  It was hard for me to accept that I cannot do it all.  I’ve been trying for so long and I just had to surrender.  But focusing my attention on my beautiful daughter and her special day is most important.  And, my sanity is next important.  Although I think I’ve already lost it!  I hope to visit your blogs in the evenings if time permits.

Please be in prayer for me and my husband and Alyssa and Anthony as we approach the big day.  And promise me that you will still be here when I come back with fresh content after the wedding.  I cannot wait to share our special day with you.

Cyndi Spivey
    June 16, 2012 at 3:10 am

Barbie I have been where you are. The last week before the wedding can be crazy! Don’t even worry about this blog, spend your week enjoying the final preparations. These are sweet moments that pass by quickly. I will be praying for you and your family esp. with the financial part. Hang in there!!
    Blessings friend,
    Cyndi
    P.S. I can’t wait to see pictures!

June 18, 2012 at 5:06 pm

Thank you Cyndi! I appreciate you!

veronica
    June 16, 2012 at 4:12 am

Aww, sweet Barbie! We will all be here after the wedding! I wish so much I lived near you so I could come and help with whatever needed to be done…I LOVE weddings 🙂 But from Chicago, I think the only thing I can do to help is pray (and I will be doing that all week! Unless there is something you can think of that I can help with from here…in that case let me know!!) Enjoy all the friends and family that will be gathering for this extra special day! Someone told me about a week before my own wedding to stop every once and a while and just take a mental picture of the scene. What you are doing, who is there with you…just to remember to take it all in. I think that is a good idea for the mother of the bride too 🙂

June 18, 2012 at 5:05 pm

Veronica, how sweet of you. I cannot think of anything that can be done long distance for now. But I so appreciate the offer and am so thankful for your prayers!

Christian SuperMom
    June 16, 2012 at 5:49 am

Barbie, you are a beautiful sister in Christ. I often wonder how you do it all. You are one busy blogger and one busy mama. Take all the time you need. Your readers love you and will be here when you are back and are refreshed. Enjoy the blessing of watching your daughter get married. I’m sure you’ll cry tears of absolute joy. (oh, I can’t even imagine that day with my own daughters…eek!) Please know I’m covering you and your beautiful family in prayer this week and always. You’re right when you say God is good and faithful. He will provide. Rest in that. 🙂

Love,
    ~Rosann

June 18, 2012 at 5:05 pm

Rosann, thank you so much. You made my heart burst and I receive your encouragement and your prayers!

Photographing Mom
    June 16, 2012 at 8:03 am

Hugs, Barbie!! Take the time you need to regroup. I hope the wedding goes well. Looking forward to the pictures! I can’t believe my son’s wedding only three weeks away!!!

June 18, 2012 at 5:04 pm

Oh weddings are so exciting. Is this your first child to get married? Thank you for stopping by!

Nikki
    June 16, 2012 at 8:05 am

You’re still a super woman to me! Praying for you, your husband, Alyssa, Anthony, and the bottom line. All of it. And I’ll still be here to hear all about the beautiful day God joined them together! Hugs to you, friend!

June 18, 2012 at 5:03 pm

Love you Nikki! Thank you so much.

Elizabeth Stewart
    June 16, 2012 at 10:59 am

Barbie, when our second daughter got married, she chose a Christmas time wedding…Dec. 17th. The holidays are already so busy, especially in the ministry. I knew I was in trouble when a paper cut caused me to erupt into hysterical tears! You will come through this and laugh about it afterwards. Love and hugs to you.

June 18, 2012 at 5:03 pm

Oh my friend, I’ve had a few of those cries that seem to come out of nowhere over the last couple of days. I so appreciate your prayers!

Keenalynn Pratt
    June 16, 2012 at 11:09 am

Enjoy your daughter..we will be here when you return. I will be praying for you and your family. With much love, Keena

June 18, 2012 at 5:03 pm

Thank you Keena!

Lea
    June 16, 2012 at 11:17 am

Oh, Barbie, bless your heart! How well I remember when our daughter married 10 years ago. There’s just nothing like it, happy, stressful, expensive, joyous, and every other adjective. But, take care of yourself in the coming days so that you will feel rested and ready when next Sat. rolls around. Make a lot of memories and we’ll all be right here to share in hearing about all of it. Blessings abundant!

June 18, 2012 at 5:02 pm

Thank you Lea! I appreciate your prayers!

Dawn St Amand Paoletta
    June 16, 2012 at 11:25 am

Barbie, you are a blessing. Oh I feel sad when those I care about feel overwhelmed! I wish I could take it away and have you feel like a little lamb , safe in the arms of The Good Shepherd…content, peaceful and at rest. May you do this for my friend , Lord, I ask that you would help her inner woman to be strong in the power of your strength, renewed, refreshed by grace, and energized for the moments ahead. In Jesus Name…Hugs, Barbie.

June 18, 2012 at 5:02 pm

I am refreshed after reading your comment and prayer. You are truly an amazing spiritual sister! Thank you!

Child of God
    June 16, 2012 at 11:27 am

I will be here, promise!! 🙂 I have been praying for you for the past few weeks, every day. God keeps bringing your beautiful smile to my face and I pray. I pray for the stress to be gone, for your beautiful thumb to be totally and completely healed, for your daughter and her husband to be to be happy and for this wedding to move along smoothly. God has this!!

Sister, I am glad you are taking a bit of a break. Enjoy this time with your daughter and if all doesn’t go as planned then wing it! But have fun and enjoy.

Praying for you my friend.

June 18, 2012 at 5:01 pm

Oh thank you so much my friend. I’ve needed those prayers. A few stressful moments today. And, I have an appointment with Ortho tomorrow about my thumb. Still contending for complete healing!

Sherrey Meyer
    June 16, 2012 at 11:48 am

Barbie, no fears — I’ll be here when you come back to us! For now, you are doing the right thing . . . tending to the affairs of your family and yourself first. Hard to do — I know personally this is true. But sometimes a refreshed you or me is much more meaningful to others than the crazy, bleary-eyed, stressed out you or me. So, enjoy this next week, the wedding day and maybe a day or two afterwards for yourself. Then, come back and we’ll have a party — because we’ll all be here!

June 18, 2012 at 5:00 pm

Awe, you are so sweet. Yes, let’s have a party when I return. Coffee and chocolate on me!

charis
    June 16, 2012 at 4:59 pm

It is going to be amazing! Praying that you will enjoy this week and especially the day and have peace about all the little details. Love you!

June 18, 2012 at 5:00 pm

Thank you so much. I am so excited to have Leah shooting the wedding!

Angie
    June 16, 2012 at 5:02 pm

My oldest daughter got married last year. Take a deep breath and rely on Him! Most of all, do your best to enjoy the day! Will pray for you.

June 18, 2012 at 4:59 pm

Thank you Angie! I truly appreciate your prayers.

soulstops
    June 16, 2012 at 7:47 pm

Barbie, you are still super in my eyes…praying all goes well for your daughter’s wedding, and that you can enjoy and have His peace with you 🙂

June 18, 2012 at 4:59 pm

Thank you Dolly! I’ve missed you and can’t wait to resume my regular reading schedule!

Laura Rath
    June 16, 2012 at 7:49 pm

Hi Barbie, I think it happens to all of us (although we won’t always admit it). We reach a point where we realize that despite trying, we cannot do it all. And that’s okay! God doesn’t expect us to do it all. (Btw, I’m writing this to myself first, and anyone who reads it second.) Priorities have to be set – which you’ve done. And then we have to let some of the pressure we put on ourselves go. (Yep, still talking to myself here.) God will lead us to what’s most important. And your friends (like me) will still be here when you come back. Enjoy your week! I’ll be praying for you.

In Christ,
    Laura

June 18, 2012 at 4:59 pm

I am blessed to have you in my life through blogging! Thank you!

Venessa
    June 17, 2012 at 3:04 pm

I so pray that you are able to enjoy this beautiful time with your family! We all need breaks and while you will be missed, I will be back to see all the fun updates!

June 18, 2012 at 4:58 pm

Thank you my friend!

Susan Phillips
    June 18, 2012 at 11:07 am

Thank you Child of God for linking to this blog (or I wouldn’t have found you) and now there’s another praying her heart out for you…the most important and blessed and wonderful events in our lives also cause the most anxiety, therefore Jesus lovingly reminds us to “let not your heart be troubled” not as a rebuke, but as a comfort and a hug to remind us that He is right there beside us all the way.

Your post blesses me in more ways than I can describe to you, because I too often think I can “do it all” and am often distressed because I don’t live up to my expectations, and yet somehow because of God’s mercy and love, things are just fine.

Love to you from Michigan <3 and I'm looking forward to seeing the beautiful pictures that will be treasured for always.
    🙂

June 18, 2012 at 4:58 pm

Susan, thank you so much. I’ve had quite the stressful day. A few hiccups, but I know that God will work them out. Trusting and thanking Him for the prayer warriors who are parying me through!

jkhenderson3
    June 18, 2012 at 8:19 pm

Okay, here is something kind of funny. I am wearing a superman shirt right now. I bought it as kind of a joke because my girls are all into superheroes. But I am for SURE not super woman! I want to be able to do it all. But alas, I cannot.

Praying for you, beautiful woman of God!

Jill
    June 19, 2012 at 3:46 am

A daughter’s wedding is more than enough to fill all your hours in a day! I know the break-down-and-cry feeling, that comes from stress even during a happy time. Let go of trying to do everything (perfectly or at all) and try to relax and enjoy this special time. Great advice. Wish I followed it myself. : )

June 24, 2012 at 11:18 pm

Thank you Jill. The wedding was beautiful. I am still in awe. I hope to post about it soon!