The Wedding Day – Part 2

Warning: Another intensive, picture heavy post which might bring tears to your eyes!

When I awoke on Saturday morning, the birds where singing.  I paid particular attention to them and wondered, “Did they know a wedding was about to take place”?   I was instantly reminded of Snow White and how all of the birds (as well as the other animal) came to celebrate and help her to get ready for the ball.  I also was reminded of how God cares for the birds of the air.  I just knew that God’s hand had prepared the way for Alyssa and Anthony as they were about join together in marriage.

As a mom, it is my greatest joy to see my children following hard after God.  When Alyssa was younger, we had the “dating talk”.  We decided together that she would not date until after high school.  I have to say, with Alyssa attending secular school most of her life, I braced myself for the time when she would come to me and say she liked someone and wanted to date.  And although I would overhear her talking with her friends about cute boys, that day never came.  God had his hand on her, setting her apart for the man He fashioned just for her.

As I sat and watched this wedding unfold, I was in awe of God’s faithfulness.  I was in awe as to how He covered my mistakes as a parent with His grace.  I was in awe of this beautiful woman and amazing man who stood before me, who walked the last nearly two years together in courtship, leaning on and trusting Him.  This man cared for my daughter’s heart, and she for his, as God cared for the both of them.

I am still having a hard time coming to terms with all of the emotions I feel.  Tears of Joy and sadness have overwhelmed me over the last week.  Just the other night I was sitting up wondering what time Alyssa would be home, but then forgeot she wasn’t coming home.  It will be an adjustment.  But how grateful I am to witness my daughter and her husband embark on this new journey together, with God as their center.

In this post, I will share pictures of the wedding, the bride and her groom.  Enjoy!

Preparing the Bride

Daddy walking his girl down the aisle

The vows

The bride and groom wrote their own vows and they were very touching.  God’s presence was so strong as they declared their love and commitment to one another.

The ring bearer and flower girl — ADORABLE!

Ring bearer and banner boy just chillin

I don’t have a snapshot of these two cuties coming down the isle.  I am not sure if this was taken before or after the ceremony.  But aren’t they the cutest?

In this next photo, my oldest son, the bride’s brother, sings How Deep the Father’s Love for communion.  At this moment, I was so delighted as I reflected on the fact that all of my children are using their voices and musical talent to glorify the Lord.

The Bride’s brother sings “How Deep the Father’s Love” for communion

Because we had an outdoor wedding, unity candles were not an option.  They don’t work well in the daylight and with the wind, it just would not have gone over very well.  We talked about other, more non-traditional ideas.  The bride and groom opted for a couple to come and pray over them, give them words of encouragement, and then sing a song together as their steps towards uniting as husband and wife.  I cannot believe they got through the song.  They sang a medly of Great is Thy Faithfulnessand He’s Always Been Faithful and it was a beautiful display of worship unto the Lord.

The Bride & Grooms first song together

Sealed with a kiss!

The happy Bride & Groom!

Mr. & Mrs. Anthony Pereira

The recessional

A few of the traditional wedding festivities.

The groom getting the garter

Tossing the bouquet

My 12yo daughter caught the bouquet.  I told her she could not get married until she was at least 25!

Breathtaking beauty

Isn’t the shot in the lavender field stunning?  It was the perfect backdrop for romantic photos.  Here are some more shots in the lavender field.

The house on site was opened for the bride and groom to take photos in.  This is just a snapshot taken with an iPhone.  I cannot imagine what the professional shots will look like.

Elegant and romantic

My daughter was the most beautiful bride I’ve ever seen.  Okay, I am sure I am biased.  But she was so poised throughout the entire day.  At times, her groom was overcome with emotion at the site of her.

Thanks for enduring to the end of this post!  You are all amazing!

1. Nikki says:

Oh my goodness…thanks for warning me about the tears!
    pure beauty. that’s all there is to it!

2. Sharon O says:

Just beautiful, she was stunning in her beauty…and I cannot imagine singing a song at my own wedding. I sang for others and did special readings but not sing at my own. You should be very proud.

3. Child of God says:

So beautiful and stunning! Thanks for explaining the photos. 🙂
    I can just imagine the feelings going through you…actually I am crying at all the emotions. I believe my daughter and yours are only a few years apart so it is striking home to me.

These pictures are amazing and I totally love the pictures with lavender, yes very romantic.

Hugs,

• Barbie says:

Alyssa married young, she is just 21. But with the Lord as their strength, they will have a strong and successful marriage. I couldn’t be happier!

4. Jamie @ Six Bricks High says:

So beautiful!!! The bride and groom singing together about God’s faithfulness & your son singing for communion — OH MY! I couldn’t keep the tears from flowing. Really, really beautiful. I’m sure your mama heart is overwhelmed.

• Barbie says:

I am totally overwhelmed. I keep going back and looking at the pictures, and crying some more. I am overwhelmed at His faithfulness towards them, and to me as a mama!

5. Lisa Beets says:

How beautiful in every way! I love when weddings are full of worship…wonderful memories to savor. 🙂

6. Photographing Mom says:

Absolutely beautiful!!!

7. Christian SuperMom says:

Oh my goodness…she is beautiful and I love that your other daughter caught the bouquet. How funny! You can really see how in love these two are just by the photos. So sweet. And how cool that they sang together. I’m fairly certain if my hubby and I had done that we would have broken the ear wax in everyone’s ears. haha!

• Barbie says:

Ha ha, you’re too funny! They sing together all the time at church, but I am surprised they remained so poised throughout their song. I cannot imagine the emotions they were feeling!

8. Jennifer_StudioJRU says:

Oh my goodness… what a beautiful love story! Such a wonderful way to begin their life together. These photos are amazing!

• Barbie says:

Thank you Jennifer. These are mostly snapshots with iPhones. I cannot even imagine what the professional pictures will look like. I can’t wait!

9. Donna says:

What a beautiful beginning to a happy marriage. Congratulations.

10. V DLC says:

Love the pictures! And what a great story these two share!

11. Lea says:

Barbie, I am sitting here with tears running down my cheek. What absolutely gorgeous photos of a couple that truly knows what matters. May the Lord fill their cup to overflowing in the years ahead. Thanks for sharing!

12. joyfullyinhim says:

I am in awe of the beauty seen through your words and pictures. Your daughter was a beautiful and elegant bride, I can imagine how proud you are of her. I pray that one day I will be able to share such a beautiful testimony as a mother.

13. TereasaM says:

She is beautiful… she looks just like you!

14. Lynnette Kraft says:

Barbie,
    Your daughter looked absolutely beautiful! You must have been such a proud momma. Congratulations to all of you!
    Love,
    Lynnette

15. alwaysalleluia says:

So beautiful, Barbie. Your daughter looks just like you! I can only imagine the feelings you must be sifting through. I am so glad you shared this today, thank you for linking up!

16. Alia Joy says:

Oh, my daughter is 7 and I cannot even imagine what her wedding day will be like. The letting go and all the joy and sadness that come with it. You’re daughter looked beautiful and the wedding looked really intimate and blessed. You must be a proud mama.

17. Ro elliott says:

We are neighbors at Kris’s…oh the pictures are just beautiful…and the bride and groom sang…amazing…would have loved to have heard it. Oh yes…the mixed emotions…I must say I was taken by surprise when my daughter was getting married…such great joy mix with such sadness in my heart…that leaving and cleaving thing tears a momma’s heart a bit. But oh…just wait…when those grandloves come…oh the pure joy…pure joy. blessings to you~

18. Mary Bonner says:

Oh, Barbie….I just LOVE this spots! Absolutely beautiful…the words…the photos…the bride and groom…all of it. How blessed you are to have your children following the Lord.

Hugs to you!
    Mary

19. Oh, Barbie. This is so, so beautiful. I am so blessed to have read this. Your daughter is absolutely stunning. Wow, she looks just like her beautiful mom. What an amazing day. And I pray that the Father continues to hold you close as the you and the whole family adjusts to her not coming home in the evenings, like she used to. . . Oh, Father, thank You for this marriage. Bless them. Continue to bless them and keep them united with You.

20. Brittany says:

Barbie, your daughters wedding was beautiful. I am looking at renting Shinn Park for my wedding and was curious as to the ceremony and reception times that her wedding was at. If you don’t mind me asking, how much was their budget? I’m looking to stay within a small budget.