The Weekend Brew: His Burden Is Light

“Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.  For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”  (Matthew 11:29-30)

I finally got to spend a little time in the prayer room yesterday. It was a busy day and I have a lot on my mind with wedding preparations.  As soon as I sat down, one of the singers began to sing to my heart about being still, resting, finding peace.  I was reminded that yes, my burdens are heavy, but that God is right here ready to take them from me.  I am so thankful for a God who is comes to lighten my load and lead me into his rest.

I would love for you to join me for Fresh Brewed Sundays. This is where we share a scripture with just simple insight. No heavy words necessary. Feel free to use the button in your post and link up below!

1. Nikki says:

Amen. So glad He met you there and filled you up with a bit of His grace, Barbie. Will be praying for you like crazy this week, friend. Hugs to you!

2. Child of God says:

I’m glad you had some time in the prayer room. Praying for you this week.

3. Wendy @ ECTaS says:

There comes a time when we all need to come aside and rest a while. It’s foolish not to as it affects our whole being, is affected if we don’t.

– Emotionally, I become a blubber bag when I’m over tired (and did I mention crabbit)?
    – Physically unable to do simple tasks which normally take minutes plus concentration lessens
    – Spiritually, I cannot hear what God is saying until I slow down and take time to soak in His presence.

So glad you realised it was ‘time out’ with the Lord!

Thank you for another opportunity to link up and share in the blessings of others.

4. Stephanie Hanes says:

Oh friend, I’ll be praying for you. I’ve been reminded in my own struggles that when I am weak HE is strong – and that it is good to be afflicted because it forces me ever more to draw near Him and rest in Him. I learn more about Him in my trials than I ever will when life is easy. Keep on resting on His strength – He will supply all your needs.

5. I needed this verse today. Thanks for sharing what God is showing you in this busy season of life!

6. Laurie Collett says:

Praise God that we can find our rest in Jesus!

7. Emiliana Martin says:

Hey Miss Barbie! You won another award. Visit my blog at for details. Congratulations!