Five Minute Friday: Story

Today I am joining in the 5 Minute Friday where we are given a word prompt and write for just 5 minutes simply for the joy of writing.  No editing or backtracking necessary.  No need to be perfect.  Just words freely flowing from my heart to yours.

Story

My story began a long time ago, before the foundation of the world.  He knew me then.  He had a purpose and a plan for my life.  From the beginning of time, my days were numbered.  He knows every hair on my head, every thought that crosses my mind, and the motives of my heart.  And although I strive to play the perfect part, He is not looking for perfection.  For He reminds me that with Him as the leading Man, my role is to be a help and support, so that His job is easier.

He is still writing my story. And I get to take part and watch it unfold.  He directs my every step.  He moves first and I follow.  He tells me I have a very important role, a role that on one else can play in the story.  Will I step out and play the role He has prepared for me?  Will I make my mark in HIStory?

*     *     *

One of the shorter writings I’ve done.  I’m very tired tonight, can you tell?

Come join the fun.  It’s not scary, I promise!

Five Minute Friday

1. This is so true, Barbie. Funny, my post is telling the same story (see what I did there?!) – or hoping to – from a slightly different angle. It makes such a difference to know we’re not the centre of the story, doesn’t it?

Hope you wake up refreshed in the morning!

2. Mary Bonner says:

No, He is not looking for perfection…but sometimes I get hung up on trying to achieve it. Each of us play a unique role, thanks for the reminder!

Mary

3. thankful that each of our stories tells differently and yes, we play the main character like no one else can. Hope you get some rest today.

4. Rosann says:

LOVE this, Barbie. HIStory is one of protection and blessings for you and your family. He is your shepherd and He loves you dearly. Don’t ever forget that.

Love you, sister!
    ~Rosann

5. Ro elliott says:

I love the simple truth here…yes…He is writing our stories…from before the foundation of time…I too just want to step right into the story He is writing for me…have a restful weekend…blessings~

6. Nikki says:

You said it all, my friend.

“He is still writing my story. And I get to take part…” Only one who has accepted grace and redemption for what it truly is can say that. And the words flow off of you in 5 minutes time. Beautifully. 🙂

7. Beautiful, Barbie! He leads, I follow. Thank you for this important reminder to my heart. I always enjoy your writing!

Hugs, sweet friend 🙂
    Melanie

8. Cassi Brightforest says:

What a lovely post

9. Kelli says:

Love it! “He had a purpose and a plan for my life.” Yes, each of our stories are full of purpose. Beautiful post my friend!

10. Sandi says:

Beautiful truth.

11. ashley ditto says:

Love this! New to your blog!

12. Oh, yes, we “get” to take part. It’s a blessing and a gift. Lovely five minutes.

13. Wendy @ E1A says:

Beautifully written. Love it!

14. Short maybe, Barbie, but oh, so powerful!