The Weekend Brew: Praying for Peace

Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. 7Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.  (Philippians 4:6-7 NLT)

There are some things that are weighing heavy on my heart this week.  My family is facing some rough roads. I’ve been taking it before the Lord in prayer.  I know that He is good.  I know that He will make a way where there is no way.  I know that He will answer, perhaps not in the way we desire, but according to His will.  Most of all, I pray for the peace of God to overwhelm us and this situation.  We put our trust in Him.

I would love for you to join me for Fresh Brewed Sundays.  This is where we share a scripture with just simple insight.  No heavy words necessary.  Feel free to use the button in your post and link up below!

1. Elizabeth Stewart says:

Barbie, praying John 14:27 Amplified Bible for you. Praying for breakthrough for you during this hard time. Praying strength and encouragement. Sending you love, dear sister in Christ.

2. Kelli says:

Oh, we are in the same place my friend… surrendering it all over to Him and praying for more faith along the way… 😉 Praying for you!

3. Child of God says:

Praying for you friend.
    Ephesians 6:12 NIV
    For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

4. Jesus prayed in the garden asking to allow this cup to pass, but instead he surrendered his will to the Father. The trial was the worse that it could be – but when it was over – – the victory was won.
    Through it all there can be peace and that is my prayer for you – – May the Peace of God keep you and bring you though to victory.

5. bethinnc says:

Hey friend, I just see you dancing through your den — stomping on the head of the enemy! Do a victory dance in advance. Fill yourself up and do a victory jig. His Word lights your path before you and He holds you firmly in His Hand. I pray the road will be much smoother than you anticipate dear Barbie. <3 Bless you Sister!

6. Wendy @ E1A says:

I love your surrendered heart… this is the kind of heart which God will fill with His peace. God bless you this week and know that you will rejoice in the God of your salvation. Hallelujah!

7. Joan says:

Lifting you up in prayer.
    Blessings,
    Joan

8. Christina@toshowthemjesus.com says:

I rely heavily on this passage furring difficult times. He knows that we will be anxious and gives us the prescription for it. Beautiful photo!

9. Kelli says:

10. Rosann says:

May the peace of God continue to color your heart and your faith, Barbie. Sending you love and hugs, friend!

11. Laurie Collett says:

Praying for you, for the peace that passes all understanding. Thanks for sharing this post and the linkup, & God bless!
    Laurie

12. Nikki says:

Sent you an email, friend. I’ll be praying. every day. God is good. all the time.
    All for Him with hugs to you,
    Nikki

13. Patsy Paterno says:

That is one of my favorite verses, but I like the translation where it says “garrison your hearts and minds with peace”. God’s peace will be like a fort, a very real protection! Patsy
    from HeARTworks