The Weekend Brew: He Sees Me

© Stefan Körber – Fotolia.com

She gave this name to the Lord who spoke to her: “You are the God who sees me, ” for she said, “I have now see the One who sees me.”  (Genesis 16:13)

He is El Roi, the God who sees.

This scripture is a constant reminder that God cares for me and that I have His attention.  In my humanness, I often feel alone.  I could be surrounded by people, and still feel as if I am the only one in the room.  I wish I didn’t have to contend with these feelings, but I am still working through some things.  I am thankful for God’s grace extended to me as I work out this part of my faith.  This is a beautiful reminder that God sees me, and that is really all that matters.

I would love for you to join me for Fresh Brewed Sundays.  This is where we share a scripture with just simple insight.  No heavy words necessary.  Feel free to use the button in your post and link up below!

1. Laura Rath says:

Once again, I love how God works…I was just thinking of the God who sees an hour or so ago! Blessings to you Barbie!

2. Elizabeth Stewart says:

I’ve always loved this passage. I didn’t get a chance to tell you how much your post meant to me earlier this week when you shared about your life as a child and teen. Your testimony of God’s love and grace really blessed me.

• Barbie says:

Thank you Elizabeth. That means so much to me. I’ve never shared so personally on my blog before, other than the season where we lost our home. There is so much more to the story. But I do know that God gave me the grace to share that portion. So thankful my words and my testimony blessed you.

3. Pam says:

I can really identify with what you say here…. I was just asking the Lord about this today (feeling alone in a room full of others). Encouraging and uplifting. Love this photo too. Beautiful! – Pam http://wordglow.wordpress.com

4. Kris Camealy says:

He sees us and knows us fully through and through–what a gift it is to be loved like that! Bless you, my friend!

5. Rosann says:

Beautiful, Barbie! Just what I needed to be reminded of this morning.

6. BethFerrell says:

I’m grateful that He knows us better than we even know ourselves. We capture His gaze and He delights in us! You are precious to Him Barbie. <3

7. Joan says:

I’m thankful that He sees us, knows us, and that we are never alone!
    Blessings,
    Joan

8. Laurie Collett says:

Praise God that He knows our every word before we speak it, that He keeps track of each hair on our head, and that He is always there for us. Thanks for the great post & linkup, & God bless,
    Laurie

9. Jen says:

Barbie – Was just sharing with my husband about how I feel like no one “sees me”. (Yes, a little self pity party on my part :/) And then to find your post. “God sees!” Oh, how it stirred my soul. And it is enough…even if the world passes you by….God seeing is not only what He does, but who He is! El Roi! What a redeeming & refreshing thought, my friend! God timing post, for sure~! Blessings, jen

• Barbie says:

Oh Jen, I’ve been there (and some days still am). Sometimes my heart screames for acknowledgement, but God whispers, “I’m right here.” So thankful you were blessed today.

10. Chelle Wilson says:

What a delight to find you…and to be reminded that He sees….it’s so easy to feel lost in all of it. Remembering that He sees, and knows our name makes all the difference…bless you.
    God’s peace and good.

• Barbie says:

Chelle, thank you so much for stopping by. So thankful you were blessed. Do you have a blog? I’d love to visit you. The link doesn’t appear in your comment.

11. Barbie says:

So thankful Rosann. Have a beautiful week.

12. Such a great verse to remember. By the way, I like the new blog look!

13. Renee says:

I’m soaking in your uplifting, comforting post. Thanks so much for sharing this and for visiting me at Doorkeeper. I am really enjoying the blog hop you host. Blessings!

14. StefanieYoungBrown says:

Beautiful photo and verse, my friend!
    Hope you’ve had a fantastic Sunday…

15. Tyrean Martinson says:

I am so thankful he sees me, and he loves me! Blessings!!!

16. soulstops says:

So grateful He sees us, and He sees beautiful you, and He is smiling 🙂

17. charis says:

He has been speaking to me a lot about how He really does see me when no one else sees. love how we are on the same wave length!

18. Barbie says:

You are welcome any time Renee!