17 In Weekend Whispers

The Weekend Brew: Rich in Mercy

I want to thank you all so much for linking with me for Fresh Brewed Sundays.  I enjoy visiting your blogs and being encouraged in His Word.  Please make sure you take a moment to visit one or two others who have linked up.  And please remember this is a simple Sunday post with just a scripture and a picture, with a little bit about what it means to you.  I welcome the longer posts, but please understand that Sunday is a family day for me so I may not get around to reading them for a bit.

© Tina Damster – Fotolia.com

But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions —it is by grace you have been saved.   (Ephesians 2:4-5)

God’s love for me is vast, something I’ve always had a hard time comprehending.  Even when I walked in sin and shame, He saw me, and still loved me.  He showed me so much mercy and forgiveness, making me alive in Him.  Each and every day He showers His love, mercy and grace on me, and keeps me free from the bondage of sin.  His mercy is unending.  I am so thankful for a God who’s mercies are new every morning.

I would love for you to join me for Fresh Brewed Sundays.  This is where we share a scripture with just simple insight.  No heavy words necessary.  Feel free to use the button in your post and link up below!

Shari Miller
    August 11, 2012 at 9:24 pm

Wonderful encouragement that I needed to hold close to my heart tonight. It is so amazing how God gives you just the right words that others need to hear! Thank you! I love the look of your blog. Beautiful!
    Blessings~
    Shari

Sherrey Meyer
    August 11, 2012 at 10:14 pm

Barbie, love joining up with you for Sundays. Tonight’s post is a good one to go to rest on. Thanks, dear friend!

Patsy Paterno
    August 11, 2012 at 11:17 pm

Hi Barbie! Yes His mercies are new every morning! I have many health challenges right now, but I consider this one of the best seasons of my life! I’m sorry that my posts are not short! I just have too much to say!

Wendy @ E1A
    August 12, 2012 at 12:49 am

Love the new blog look Barbie – beautiful!

Joan
    August 12, 2012 at 3:57 am

Barbie – just yesterday I was thinking of my prodigal years and how, even though Jesus knew they would happen, reached across the spam of time and saved me. In spite of our mistakes, He loves us so much.
    Blessings,
    Joan

BethFerrell
    August 12, 2012 at 4:23 am

Amen Barbie. This is something I am crying out to God about. I want to really have a greater understanding of His love for me. I was praying in the Spirit the other day and then suddenly in English this came out of my mouth without me thinking a thing, “I want to know what love is. I want You to show me. I want to feel what love is …” Do you remember that old secular song? So that is my quest — to dig deeper into the well for this much needed revelation.

Love you,
    Beth

Rosann
    August 12, 2012 at 4:57 am

Yes, God’s mercy is so great. And His love…abundant and beyond what I’m capable of truly understanding. One day… one day I’ll “get it.” 🙂

Dawn St Amand Paoletta
    August 12, 2012 at 6:05 am

I hate to link and run but off to church! lol. I will be back to visit everyone a little bit later. Have a blessed day!

Deb
    August 12, 2012 at 10:43 am

Thank you so much for letting me join in. I saw your link at my friend, Ms. Mary’s blog…http://www.visitswithmary.blogspot.com.

Laurie Collett
    August 12, 2012 at 11:34 am

Praise God for His mercy, love & grace! Thanks for the great post & for hosting the linkup, & God bless!
    Laurie

Wendy
    August 12, 2012 at 1:11 pm

Friend I so love coming to see what you share here each week. It is by grace and mercy that we are saved…such an overwhelming thought sometimes. That He loves us enough to pursue us to lavish His love on us. Thanks so much for sharing this verse today and for hosting a place where we can gather together in His Word each week. Such a blessing!

Ann Cummings
    August 12, 2012 at 1:18 pm

Thank you for the sweet encouragement.

Debbie Petras
    August 12, 2012 at 2:23 pm

God’s love for us is amazing! I’m so thankful too.

Tonya
    August 12, 2012 at 4:44 pm

Love the photo and the reminder of God’s mercy. Thank you for sharing 🙂

Pamela Kuhn
    August 12, 2012 at 7:58 pm

His love IS vast–and even in my unworthiness He loves me. Mercy–so great, yet new every day. What a blessing this reminder was to me this evening.

Kim
    August 13, 2012 at 9:01 am

Beautifully said…no heavy words necessary is right