The Weekend Brew: The Apple of His Eye

(© leelana –

“He found him in a desert land, and in the howling waste of the wilderness; he encircled him, he cared for him, he kept him as the apple of his eye.  (Deuteronomy 32:10)

I love this scripture.  It reminds me that even when I am walking in a wilderness season — unable to hear or see God the way that I want to — He still looks for me.  It is during those times that He comes to me, for He knows I often don’t have the strength to search Him out.   When I am weak, he comes in and encircles me with strength, cares for me and reminds me that His eyes are on me.  I am the apple of His eye!

I would love for you to join me for Fresh Brewed Sundays.  This is where we share a scripture with just simple insight.  No heavy words necessary.  Feel free to use the button in your post and link up below!

1. says:

No matter how far we wander, the Shepherd will find us. Beautiful truth!

2. Joan says:

Love this, Barbie. It’s comforting to know that He seeks us and that we are the apple of His eye.

3. Tito Eric says:

What a fascinating coincidence (or is there no such thing as “coincidence”), just yesterday, while starting to read the Psalms, I was touched by the following which I underlined with my yellow marker:

Keep me as the apple of your eye;
    hide me in the shadow of your wings
    from the wicked who are out to destroy me,
    from my mortal enemies who surround me.

Psalms 8-9

And then I read your post today and I was amazed; as if the Holy Spirit was and always at work!

Cheers, Barbie on this glorious Sunday morning!

4. Wendy Douglas says:

So thankful that He sees. And oh to be the apple of His eye. So love this verse. Blessings!

5. Shari @ Leaving A Legacy says:

I loved this! I needed to hear this reminder that God is with us, even when He is silent. Thank you for sharing and hosting the link up!

6. Patsy Paterno says:

Yes indeed, we are the apple of His eye, His pearl of great price! Patsy
    from HeARTworks
    and papemelroti

7. alwaysalleluia says:

Man, I love that verse. In the howling waste of the wilderness…..

8. Child of God says:

God!! His love for us is so amazing! Thanks for sharing this scripture. It is so nice to ponder on how He pursues us and cares for us.

Blessings sister,

9. Debbie says:

Beautiful Barbie! I purchased a wall art from JR Studio with the Psalm 17:8 verse on it. I have it hanging in my bathroom to remind me that I am the apple of His eye. Amazing though, isn’t it?

Blessings and love,

10. Sherrey Meyer says:

Barbie, your words and this verse really resonate with me this morning. Lately I’ve felt myself walking through the desert, and slowly but surely He is seeking me out and refreshing me. Just as this verse says. Love you, sister!

• Barbie says:

Sherrey, I totally understand. I’ve been in a bit of a desert myself these days. I’m just putting one foot in front of the other and allow Him to bring me up out of the pit! Have a great week!

11. charis says:

God’s interactions with israel are super encouraging to me – His faithfulness to them means He is trustworthy to be faithful to me. His tenderness and compassion for them means He will also be the same towards me… great passage to share this morning.

• Barbie says:

Thanks Charis! I am learning so much about God’s heart for Israel singing on the set at cHOP. So many of His promises for Israel translate for my life these days. Thanks for linking up!

12. Pam says:

I love your words here today… I love that He keeps us as the apple of His eye. Thanks for sharing your lovely thoughts! – Pam,

13. Laurie Collett says:

Wonderful photo for this Scripture! Praise God that He is always there, reaching out to us no matter what our state of mind or readiness to receive Him.
    Thanks for the great post & for hosting the linkup, & God bless,

14. Barbie says:

Oh that is one of my most favorite scriptures. I love how He sees and protects me!

15. Pamela Kuhn says:

Oh, I love this verse, too. And your photograph is perfect. Found, encircled, kept. Love that!