Come On In And Have A Seat {Day 1 – Coffee Talk With Jesus}

The door is standing wide open.  I can smell the aroma of freshly brewed coffee. There are assorted juices and lots of fruit, and fresh pastries — all waiting for YOU!

I can hear Him as He beckons me to come, can you?  I enter the room and look for an empty seat.  I don’t like the crowds, so I head for a chair off in the corner.  I like to hide sometimes.  I tuck myself away quietly and I wait.  He promises that if I come with an expectant heart that He will speak.  And so I wait.  With my journal open and pen ready, I take a sip of the freshly brewed coffee and savor the aroma.  And I am reminded of how much better the aroma of His fragrance is to me.

Will you come in and have a seat?  He’s calling you to come and sit a while.  He longs to share His heart with you.  In the midst of the quiet and in the middle of the hustle and bustle, He is here, waiting for you.  I can hear Him now.

“Come to me, my child, my precious daughter.  For I long to share my heart with you today.  Will you stop for just a moment and allow yourself to be still so that I can talk with you?  I have so much to share with you.  I have prepared a place for you, and I have filled this place with the freshly brewed fragrance of my love.  Will you come and sit?  Will you come and hear my heart for you today?”

Every day for the next 31 Days, I will be sharing what the Lord has revealed to my heart, in the hope that it will encourage you on your journey.  I am going to write these posts as if Jesus Himself is talking to you.  It is different than my usual writing style, so when you come just sit back and sip your freshly brewed coffee or tea and allow His words to wash over you.  My prayer is that the aroma of God’s love would fill your heart to overflowing and that you would be awakened to a deeper revelation of His love for you.

So grab your coffee, your tea and your pastries.  Get your journal and your pen ready.  Come with an expectant heart.  Come just as you are.  He is speaking.  Are you listening?

*This is Day 1 of a 31 Day series on Coffee Talk With Jesus.  You can find all of the posts in this series here.  I pray you are blessed as you read.

1. Oh my — girl I’m going to love your series. As always!!! This will be my second year and I’m writing about 31 Days of Anonymity where I give others an opportunity to write anonymous letters to those they feel they need to. It’s already stirring my heart. Blessings friend.

2. charis says:

i have wrestled with wanting to join in on this this year, and i just don’t think i can add it to my plate. i even have 2 different topics i was praying about! it is ok – i will just try to blog on those topics maybe as mini-series and enjoy reading yours.

• Barbie says:

It is quite the commitment, and one I only pray I can get through. It will challenge me to meet with the Lord each day (or evening) so that I can formulate my post. Next year perhaps I’ll do a series that I can schedule in advance! I love the idea of doing a mini-series.

3. thrilled you are doing this series and happy you visited AdventurezinChildREaring – hoping we can encourage each other through October and beyond.

4. veronica says:

Your words paint such a beautiful picture 🙂 I don’t like crowds either so I would be sitting in the corner too 😉

5. Barbie says:

Oh good! We can sit in the corner together!

6. StefanieYoungBrown says:

Oh, I’m already feeling at peace:)) Only wish we could be having that cup of coffee “for real”.
    “Pinned” you, my friend!

7. debbie_mann says:

love it,, Ill be joining you,, I;ll be the one in the corner.

8. Amy @BelovedPursuit says:

I love this concept! I can’t wait to see what he has in store for us through this journey!

9. neritia says:

Oh my – am I glad I “found” you. I’m so new at ALL of this and wanted to “bottle my brain” for joining….but am I happy I did….!!

Can you see me sitting? The coffee is great!! I’m ready for Coffee talk with Jesus! So ready!

10. Donna says:

I love this. I spend a lot of time in the corner, too. I’m looking forward to seeing what you share. I’m sharing “I Wear PInk” on my journey with breast cancer.

• Barbie says:

God bless you Donna, and thank you for stopping by. What is the name of your blog? I would love to visit (if I don’t already follow you). Your blog isn’t coming through in the comments.

11. Ashley Bodley says:

Coffee and Jesus. Does it get any better than that? I’m praying that God uses you this month, Barbie!

12. Kelli says:

Barbie, this is just beautiful! I am looking forward to your 31 days of Coffee with Jesus!!

13. Ami Allison says:

Such a wonderful post and series. I’m really looking forward to following along.

14. Beautiful series, Barbie!

15. Renee says:

I love your topic choice! Great that you’re involved in the series. Good luck! My mom and I are also blogging. We’re doing 31 Days of Fall Farm Nesting and I just did a post about coffee the other day. How much I love it. Keep up the great blogging! http://narrowgatefarms.net/blog/