Five Minute Friday: Grasp

Today I am joining Lisa-Jo and others for the 5 Minute Friday where we are given a word prompt and write for just 5 minutes simply for the joy of writing. No editing or backtracking necessary. No need to be perfect. Just words freely flowing from my heart to yours.

Some days I can feel them slip through my fingers — hopes, dreams and promises yet unfulfilled that all appear so far away.  I can almost see them, feel them in my grasp; yet at times they slip through my fingers like sand.  The reality is that there are so many things that I desire to hold onto, to wrap my fingers around and hold on tightly to.  My grasp seems so small, so weak, yet I know the One who holds me in His grasp, and He gives me the strength to hold on.  I am reminded of the woman with the issue of blood.  So many dreams, so many hopes, yet so many years of shame.  But she dared to hope.  She dared to reach out to the One who could make all things new again

Just then a woman who had suffered for twelve years with constant bleeding came up behind him. She touched the fringe of his robe, 21 for she thought, “If I can just touch his robe, I will be healed.”  22 Jesus turned around, and when he saw her he said, “Daughter, be encouraged! Your faith has made you well.” And the woman was healed at that moment.
(Matthew 9:20-22)

How much more does He desire to fulfill His promises towards me?.  They are all within my grasp.  Do I have the to faith to reach out and believe?

Five Minute Friday

1. soulstops says:

The woman’s faith as she grasped for the fringe of Jesus’ robe always gets me…the faith to dare to hope after so many years of disappointment and! Great post…thanks, Barbie 🙂

2. katherine.blackford says:

Stopping by from 5-min Friday. I love the illustration of the women’s grasping Jesus robes! Her faith in reaching out and touching him as her only hope is so moving and convicting…Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

3. Nikki says:

Oh the faith to reach out and believe…

Loved this write. and have been thinking about that woman a lot lately…what hope! striving to be like her. to reach out and touch…

love and hugs to you, friend!

4. Wendy Douglas says:

Such faith…both in the story of the woman and in your sweet words today. Such an encouragement to me and I am thankful. Blessings!

5. StefanieYoungBrown says:

Beautiful words on faith and trust, my friend.
    Very inspirational! Looking forward to your 31 days series:))

• Barbie says:

Thanks so much Stefanie. Pray me through the 31 days will you? I always think I bite off more than I can chew, but God, He is faithful!

• StefanieYoungBrown says:

You’re welcome! I will pray and will remain confident He’s called you to write this series and He will provide the words, strength and stamina.

6. Dawn Paoletta says:

Touching… I feel with you , Barbie. Believe me. ANd that woman’s faith to reach, to risk…sweet share.

7. Denise Oldham says:

So very encouraging.

8. Lea says:

Thanks goodness He holds us in His grasp. That alone is such comfort to me at so many times. Blessings! Another good entry Barbie!

9. Excellent question. I wish I knew the answer. So many times I pray like the man who said, “Lord, I believe! Help my unbelief!”

10. Diana Denis says:

He wants to fulfill His promises to me. <–I'm grabbing onto this one idea and I'm holding it with my heart and both hands.

11. Jenny says:

So true, thanks for the encouragement.

12. StephanieGlidden says:

Stopping over from FMF! Isn’t this a precious revelation —–> “My grasp seems so small, so weak, yet I know the One who holds me in His grasp, and He gives me the strength to hold on” Thank God for His strength to hold us tight, and willingness to hold on when we are trying to wiggle free!!