The Weekend Brew: Diligence

© lassedesignen – Fotolia.com

I said, “Let me remember my song in the night; let me meditate in my heart.” Then my spirit made a diligent search. (Psalm 77:6)

This is one of those scriptures that could easily be overlooked, yet I stumbled upon it today.  What stood out to me the most was the last part, “then my spirit made a diligent search.”  The psalmist had a desire to carry not just a song in the night, but a meditation in his heart.  He was faced with some impossible circumstances, yet he choose to go on a diligent search for God.  He knew that his heart would only find the melody that it was seeking by remembering what God had already done for him.

Are you faced with an impossible situation?  Make a diligent search for the goodness of the Lord in your own life.  Choose to remember His faithfulness. When you do, your heart will once again sing in the night season.

I would love for you to join me for Fresh Brewed Sundays.  This is where we share a scripture with just simple insight.  No heavy words necessary.  Feel free to use the button in your post and link up below!

1. Diligent search, I like that. Searching for His goodness…thanks for sharing this verse. Blessings!

2. oh, my. such a lovely scripture, Barbie. Beautiful.

3. Child of God says:

Isn’t this so true? We need to actively seek out God in order to truly find Him. Yes, He seeks us but it is only when we are really ready do we see just who He is.

Beautiful word!

4. Friend, I really needed to hear this. “He knew that his heart would only find the melody that it was seeking by remembering what God had already done for him.” Thank you. Bless you this weekend, Barbie.

5. Wendy @ E1A says:

This truth is so beautifully written Barbie.

6. BethFerrell says:

I love this Barbie. I think “diligent” is key too. That meant he pressed in with determination. Thank you for sharing this. Love you.

7. Jen says:

Barbie – I can tell your a worshiper, with a heart that diligently seeks Him. Inspiring. And stunning photo. I can almost see Jesus standing in the woods, holding out His hands…beckoning us forward. 🙂

8. Pam says:

I love how words jump out at us in verses we’ve read before and never noticed… Yes, diligent is a word evoking so much and calling to me… thanks for sharing! ~Pam, apples of gold

9. Kris Camealy says:

Oh wow. I love that scripture, Barbie! Thank you for pointing me to that today! Just what I needed…

10. soulstops says:

what a powerful verse and application…Thanks, Barbie…it has been a fun weekend celebrating our girl’s birthday…hope you had a blessed weekend, friend 🙂

11. Laurie Collett says:

Praise God that He knows all the answers, loves us infinitely to want the best for us, and has the power to bring it about!
    Thanks for hosting the linkup, & God bless!

12. charis says:

i like that barbie – my heart keeps making a diligent search because i really want to be anchored in Him.