The Weekend Brew: Light of the World

© Grecaud Paul – Fotolia.com

“You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others,that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.
(Matthew 5:14-16)

Father, am I a light to those around me?  Do I shine in the darkness?  When others see me, do they see Jesus?  My prayer today is that the light of Christ would shine brightly through me so that others would be drawn to Him.

I would love for you to join me for Fresh Brewed Sundays.  This is where we share a scripture with just simple insight.  No heavy words necessary.  Feel free to use the button in your post and link up below!  Do you like my new button?  Feel free to grab it for your post.

1. Elizabeth Stewart says:

Great photo to go with the verse!

2. Wendy @ E1A says:

Great photo and text!

3. I ask the Father these same questions, and I am so grateful for your sharing this verse today. Thank you, sweet friend.

4. Anastasia says:

Thank you Jennifer. Today I needed to be reminded that He adores me, as I’ve been feeling the pain of conviction. I am thankful, but it can cause me to crouch low…needing Him to lift me in His arms. 🙂

5. joyfullyinhim says:

I have missed you my friend! You have been a testimony of God light to me and I am grateful for your heart that loves the Lord and continues to allow Him to work through your life and faith. Thank you!

6. Barbie, your photo is such a wonderful complement to the Words from Scripture. And the words always make me think of the wonderful song we taught our children, “This Little Light of Mine.” Somehow as we become adults, we forget to shine for Him. May we be more mindful of this during the coming week.

7. Michele-Lyn says:

This is the verse I have on my side bar.. except I use the Message version. Have you read it in that one?

I love your heart <3 Love you <3

8. Jennifer Miller says:

Do I shine like that? No. Do others see Jesus when they see me or read my words? Right now- probably not. But God is not the author of chaos and confusion. I pray to be a light for Him. Thank you for that clear image.

9. Ann says:

Hi, Barbie! This is a great reminder that we are the light of Jesus, not to be hidden, but we are to let it shine brightly for all to see His glory!! Blessings to you, my friend!
    In Christ, Ann @ http://christintheclouds.blogspot.com/

10. Laurie Collett says:

Praise God that He is light! May His light shine through us! Thanks for the great post & for hosting the linkup, & God bless!
    Laurie

11. Debbie Petras says:

I love the Scriptures you shared Barbie. It reminds me of the children’s song ‘This Little Light of Mine’. Hugs to you friend.

12. Lea says:

Oh, Barbie, your light shines brilliantly! And, I do absolutely love your new button!

13. Renee @Doorkeeper says:

Thanks for your posts that challenge me and for hosting the link up. Blessings, Barbie!

14. Joan says:

I pray that my light is shining for Him!