The Weekend Brew: Reconciled to God

© Kagenmi – Fotolia.com

For God was in Christ, reconciling the world to himself, no longer counting people’s sins against them. And he gave us this wonderful message of reconciliation.  (2 Corinthians 5:19 NLT)

Last night at church we showed the film Father of Lights.  I was speechless as I watched this man travel the world to share the gospel with those whom others might consider “hard hearted”.  He was bold, fearless and full of faith because He trusted his heavenly father to direct his every step and to protect him.  Guru’s, gang members and muslims all gave their hearts to Jesus because of a man who chose to love them to Christ, instead of calling out their sin.

God has reconciled us, or reunited us, in relationship with Himself through His Son, Jesus.  He does not ask us to clean ourselves up before we enter relationship with Him.  We can come as we are.  Sometimes I think I look at others with judgment, thinking their hearts are hard or not yet ready to receive the Lord.  Who am I to ever judge the heart of a man?  Oh Father, forgive me!  God has given us the message of reconciliation, so that we would tell others about Him, and the free gift of salvation.

Are you reconciling others to God?  If you haven’t had a chance to see Father of Lights, I would highly recommend it.  You can’t help but be changed after watching it.

I would love for you to join me for Fresh Brewed Sundays.  This is where we share a scripture with just simple insight.  No heavy words necessary.  Feel free to use the button in your post and link up below!

1. Michele-Lyn says:

These words convicted my heart today.. I need them. Thank you. They are full of wisdom and the love of God. Blessings to you, friend.

2. soulstops says:

wow, that trailer is powerful and reading the about page…thanks for sharing, Barbie…praying for greater boldness…blessings 🙂

3. Wendy @ E1A says:

This movie sounds so encouraging and the description you have given reminds me of The Cross and the Switchblade” by David Wilkerson.

4. Rosann says:

Going to check out the link for the film when I get back from church. It sounds wonderful and like something that would really speak to me. I sometimes struggle with judging other hearts. I don’t mean to, but it sort of happens before I realize I’ve done it. So thankful for God’s grace and mercy. 🙂

5. Renee says:

Thanks for the reminder and for hosting this great link up! Blessings, Barbie!

6. Child of God says:

Hi Barbie,
    I too will check out this link, sounds like a fantastic movie.

Nice post!

7. charis says:

i loved this movie! i totally cried. God is so good beyond what i can even expect or anticipate. i want to own a copy of father of lights. reconciliation initiated by God Himself is amazing!

8. jen says:

Have heard about “Father of Lights”, but have yet to see it! Sounds incredible. Thanks for sharing!

9. Oh, wow, Barbie, I had not heard of this movie. It looks very powerful. I will have to check into this, thank you for the recommendation! And thank you for sharing your beautiful words-your beautiful art.

10. Pam says:

I have not heard of this movie, but will look for it! Long time prayers for one who is getting older, having health issues, has been on my heart this week. Praying so much for him to finally understand and hear the Lord’s voice calling, to know his tender arms carrying him, have the hope of eternity. And God’s words of assurance that He is using prayers beyond my imagination. This turned my Sunday thought to a this prayer perspective…and yours is an echo to my heart! Thanks, Barbie! – Pam, http://wordglow.wordpress.com

11. bettynz says:

It is no less than amazing what can be done if we just listen and follow His leading and not what the world tells us. I haven’t heard of this movie, either, but I am so glad that there are those like him in this world.

• Barbie says:

I want to follow Him every day. Yet most days I feel as if I step out with my own agenda. Striving to lean in closer and get His heart before I take a step. Thanks for stopping by!

12. Laurie Collett says:

May His light of love & reconciliation shine through us! Thanks for the gresat post & for hosting the linkup, & God bless!
    Laurie