17 In 31 Days of Coffee Talk with Jesus/ Faith

Do You Trust Me? {Day 2 – Coffee Talk With Jesus}

My Child,

Now that you are here and I have your full attention, I want you to know that it’s okay to let your guard down.  I see those walls that you’ve put up to avoid being hurt.  I know that you feel a need to protect yourself.  But I want you to know that You can trust me.  I will never violate your trust, and I will never force you into the place of relationship.  My love for you is patient.  And as you sit in the corner waiting for me to speak, I am waiting for you to come — fully, completely and without restraint.

Will you give me your whole heart — undivided, yielded and surrendered?  Your heart is fragile, yes, but in the palm of My hands, it is made strong.  In my hands you are secure.

Do you trust me?

*This is Day 2 of a 31 Day series on Coffee Talk With Jesus.  You can find all of the posts in this series here.  I pray you are blessed as you read.

StefanieYoungBrown
    October 2, 2012 at 4:06 am

*sigh* Thank you! The guard is exhausting:)

October 2, 2012 at 9:30 am

Isn’t it though? So thankful you are coming along on this journey.

StefanieYoungBrown
        October 2, 2012 at 9:48 am

As am I:))

Rosann
    October 2, 2012 at 5:01 am

Barbie, I LOVE this. I’m so looking forward to hearing what else God has to say to my heart through yours. This is just what I needed as I begin my own personal growth quest during October. 🙂

October 2, 2012 at 9:30 am

Thank you my friend. I am so looking forward to your “supermom” posts!

bethinnc
    October 2, 2012 at 5:12 am

I was just having a good cry while talking to the Lord. Of course, I thought I was in private since I’m on our screened in porch and my husband stuck his head outside and said, “Are you ok? What’s wrong? I could hear you crying in the bathroom.” Mercy. I was barely making a noise. Seriously. :-/ But I totally get what you mean about trusting completely … sigh.

October 2, 2012 at 9:29 am

Oh girl, every time I want to have a private cry with the Lord someone walks in and then they wan’t to know what God is doing in my heart. Praying He expands us both to trust Him more!

Laura Rath
    October 2, 2012 at 7:49 am

Over the past year, I have felt God asking me “Do you trust me?” It took a while before I wasn’t saying, “Yes, but…” The first time I could sigh and say “Yes, God, I trust you,” I felt at peace. It’s a conscious effort every day to keep the “but…” out of my “yes, God.” I expect that He already knows this. 🙂

Really looking forward to this series Barbie. Thank you.
    Blessings to you friend,
    Laura

October 2, 2012 at 9:29 am

Oh yes, the “but” factor! I am so walking through this. I want to come to a place of such trust that I don’t even think about the what’s, just to simply give Him my Yes! Have a beautiful day my friend!

Becca
    October 2, 2012 at 3:33 pm

Just wanted to let you know that your series topic inspired my own “Be Still with God” 31 Days. I’m so excited to follow yours and to grow from both.
    Blessings,
    Becca

October 2, 2012 at 4:45 pm

That’s so great Becca! I am following your blog now and cannot wait to read your inspiring posts about being still. I have a couple of days of catching up to do!

Jennifer_StudioJRU
    October 2, 2012 at 7:04 pm

Love your series topic, Barbie!! Beautiful post. Looking forward to following along this month!

October 2, 2012 at 11:13 pm

Thanks so much Jennifer!

Kelli Parker Becton
    October 2, 2012 at 11:33 pm

very sweet! thank you for sharing – oh if we would fully trust – rest in Him!

October 3, 2012 at 9:26 pm

To fully trust, something I am striving for. Thanks for stopping over Kelli!

Judith
    October 3, 2012 at 12:26 pm

This is a very touching series. I look forward to each day.

October 3, 2012 at 9:26 pm

Judith, I am so thankful to have you here. May God continue to speak to your heart through His words shared here.