Five Minute Friday: Look

Today I am joining Lisa-Jo and others for the 5 Minute Friday where we are given a word prompt and write for just 5 minutes simply for the joy of writing. No editing or backtracking necessary. No need to be perfect. Just words freely flowing from my heart to yours.

(photo source)

My eyes are tired as I look to see what lies ahead.  Squinting as the sun shines brightly, It’s hard to see the road in front of me.  But I keep walking.  My footsteps are sure, because He keeps me on the straight and narrow. He keeps my foot from slipping as I navigate the uncertainty of twists and turns.

When I don’t have the answers, I look Up.  When My eyes cannot see in front of me, I look Up.  I look to the hills, for there I will find my help.  And there He stands, smiling with arms outstretched. And He says, “Look Up and See, I will show you the way!”

I lift up my eyes to the mountains—
where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord,
the Maker of heaven and earth.
(Psalm 121:1-2)

Today I am choosing to look up?  Where are your eyes focused today?

Five Minute Friday

1. Amy says:

Visiting from Lisa-Jo’s… what a gentle and beautiful call to look up today! This is one of my favorite Psalms. I’ll be thinking about this when my foot inevitably snags on something hard on the path today… thank you.

2. Barbie,

Beautiful imagery of trust in Him who makes our footsteps sure. Thank you for the lovely comment. And, thank you for having pictures of coffee everywhere. =D

fmf neighbour, sister in Jesus, Jen
    Jennifer McAllister recently posted..FMF – LOOK; Facing Memory Day 18

3. Diana Denis says:

I am choosing to look up with you Barbie! I’m keeping them fixed on Him. Otherwise, I’ll sink.

Singing: I will lift up my eyes to the hills from whence cometh my help. my help cometh from the Lord. The Lord who made heaven and earth…This song is taking me to dreamland tonight. Thank you. I bet it will be a peaceful night too:)

4. Alia Joy says:

I love that worship song, I lift my eyes up to the hilltops, where does my help come from. I love that when we look, we see.
    Alia Joy recently posted..Some Things to Love About Church

5. meredith says:

We must always look up no matter our circumstances. He is always waiting for us. Love this. Thank you. One of my favorite psalms, as well.

6. one of my favorite verses!

so glad i stopped by for this 5mf!
    richelle @ “our wrigt”-ing pad recently posted..A 31 Day Grand Prix {day 19} – Five Minute Friday ~ Look

7. Mary says:

Oh friend, thank you for the reminder of where I REALLY need to be looking.
    Mary recently posted..What you see when you really look…

8. Looking up is really the only safe way to travel for us isn’t it friend? Thank you for the reminder today.

I’m sorry I haven’t had time to visit. I only have 14 more days of the corn maze. Hallelujah!

Beth @ My Destiny recently posted..American Heritage Girls

9. denise says:

Amen, amen.
    denise recently posted..Five Minute Friday/Look

10. Ro elliott says:

What a great way to start my day…I love the scripture…now I am going with my eyes looking up…to see His face…from where my help does come from. Happy Friday~

11. Looking, Barbie! Loving all that I see! For all I see is God & God’s glory!
    Paula Barnett recently posted..Day 20

12. charis says:

yes, i will look up to Him… just thinking this last night while jogging – to stop looking at the ground and look up at the beautiful sunset He made.
    charis recently really look

13. Visiting from FMF. Great reminders! All too easy to lose focus on what – and Who – truly matters.
    Nancy @ Pilgrim Wanderings recently posted..#FiveMinuteFriday: Look