34 In My 5 Minute Fridays

Five Minute Friday: Voice

Today I am joining Lisa-Jo and others for the 5 Minute Friday where we are given a word prompt and write for just 5 minutes simply for the joy of writing. No editing or backtracking necessary. No need to be perfect. Just words freely flowing from my heart to yours.

Voice

I often wonder when I speak if anyone truly hears my voice.  Am I coming through loud and clear?

God made me with a voice to be used to bring hope, life and encouragement to others.  But I often wonder if I am making a difference.  Is my voice being used to change lives?

I am trusting God that He is using my voice to bring Him glory first, as well as to encourage others.

I use to scream loudly on the inside, “Does anyone hear me”?  But I know that God hears me.

He gave me a voice to sing His praises.
He gave me a voice to pray for the sick.
He gave me a voice that communicates His heart through blogging.

My voice was meant to be a continuous melody and harmony of song before the Lord.  I will forever use my voice to give Him praise, glory and honor.

I will praise the LORD all my life; I will sing praise to my God as long as I live.
(Psalm 146:2)

Five Minute Friday

Miranda
    October 25, 2012 at 9:02 pm

Barbie! Thanks for stopping by my blog, and we DO have similar thoughts churning today! 🙂 I think it must have been a God thing for us to be neighbors. I’m so thankful God hears our voices even if we feel like maybe no one else does.

October 25, 2012 at 9:35 pm

Thank you for stopping by Miranda! I enjoyed my visit to your blog!

WICK
    October 25, 2012 at 9:06 pm

Knowing God hears our voice is a GREAT foundation for anything to be spoken. Singing his praises, praying for others, and writing as He’s gifted you….sounds like the type of work the Kingdom can use, for sure. It’s my first time connecting with the FMF crew…..thanks for letting a boy write with all of you!! May God continue to bless your voice!
    WICK recently posted..First Five Minute Friday

October 25, 2012 at 9:36 pm

Wick, I am so glad you stopped by! I haven’t met very many male bloggers. I am excited to take a peek at your blog and read your 5 Minute write up!

Caroline
    October 25, 2012 at 9:26 pm

A continuous voice of praise for Him. So beautiful, and so needed for us to do, isn’t it?
    Caroline recently posted..His Voice and Our Voices {Five Minute Friday}

October 25, 2012 at 9:36 pm

Thanks Caroline. Yes, when I am praising Him, everything else becomes so small. Have a beautiful weekend.

Nikki
    October 25, 2012 at 9:27 pm

Friend…you’ve changed my life. Your voice has led me to Him time and time again.
    thank you.

Love and hugs to you! (and wasn’t it fun watching the #FMFParty –even if we couldn’t hear all of it?!?)
    Nikki recently posted..Claiming My Voice ~ Five Minute Friday

October 25, 2012 at 9:38 pm

Oh girl, you humble me. I am so thankful you are in my life and hopefully one day our paths will cross. I fell asleep on the #fmfparty tonight! So tired! Have a beautiful weekend.

Wendy
    October 25, 2012 at 9:50 pm

I hear you sweet friend! Lifting my voice along with you 🙂 Blessings!
    Wendy recently posted..Trust Me

October 27, 2012 at 10:09 am

Have a beautiful weekend Wendy!

Dolly@Soulstops
    October 25, 2012 at 10:22 pm

Thank you, Barbie, for sharing your voice to encourage many by your love for Him, and how you seek for Him…blessed weekend to you 🙂
    Dolly@Soulstops recently posted..Five Minute Fridays: Do you have a voice?

October 27, 2012 at 10:09 am

Thank you my friend. You are such an inspiration to me. I hope to hang out with you again soon.

Jen@Living a Listful{l} Life
    October 26, 2012 at 12:43 am

I HEAR YOU! I love reading your posts. And this 31 days series you have done has struck me and connected with me on a daily basis. Thank you for sharing your heart and your encouragement.
    Jen@Living a Listful{l} Life recently posted..being thankful = cheap therapy

October 27, 2012 at 10:10 am

Jen, I am so glad to know that my 31 Day series is ministering to your heart. Praying you have a beautiful weekend. Thanks so much for stopping by.

Susan
    October 26, 2012 at 4:00 am

Amen Barbie! Wonderful words! I do wonder sometimes if my words are truly heard and then I have to remember that He hears every.word.I.say. Blessings to you!
    Susan recently posted..My Five Minute Friday Post on: Voice

October 27, 2012 at 10:11 am

So true Susan. Even those words left unspoken, He hears them. Have a beautiful weekend.

Laura @ Pruning Princesses
    October 26, 2012 at 4:12 am

Barbie, I am so glad you have a voice in this blogging world. It is being heard.
    Laura @ Pruning Princesses recently posted..A Voice I Can’t Forget

October 27, 2012 at 10:11 am

Thanks you so much Laura! Blessings!

Missy
    October 26, 2012 at 6:27 am

Barbie, I could so relate to the wondering if anyone could hear me on this inside. Knowing God hears me, always and forever, is such a balm to my soul. Thanks for the beautiful reminder!
    Missy recently posted..Five Minute Friday – Voice

October 27, 2012 at 10:12 am

You’re welcome Missy! Have a beautiful weekend.

Ro elliott
    October 26, 2012 at 7:27 am

Oh yes…our voice first and foremost before the Lord…giving praise and adoration…and there is where we really find our truest voice. Each voice matters…it takes a chorus of voices to speak the beauty of His language…have a wonderful weekend~ blessings~

October 27, 2012 at 10:12 am

Oh I love that, “it takes a chorus of voices to speak the beauty of His language”. So true! Thanks for stopping by!

denise
    October 26, 2012 at 8:28 am

You truly bless.
    denise recently posted..Five Minute Friday/Voice

October 27, 2012 at 10:12 am

Thank you Denise.

Linda
    October 26, 2012 at 8:58 am

Barbie I am glad you use your voice for the Lord! I am encouraged by reading your blog! I love to sing out to God in my heart even when my voice is kinda weak and squeaky. I know He hears my heart as well as my voice! (:>) Isn’t He Wonderful?!!!

Have a blessed day girlfriend!
    Linda recently posted..Yay!…It’s Six Word Saturday Again!

October 27, 2012 at 10:15 am

He is truly amazing! I am so glad you left a comment today. I didn’t see your post and you someone were dropped from my Reader. But you are back now. Thankful!

Amy
    October 26, 2012 at 12:57 pm

“I am trusting God that He is using my voice to bring Him glory first…” This is the heart of the matter for me too. 🙂 Clear, courageous, and so very heartening… that’s what I’m taking away from your five minutes today.
    Amy recently posted..no. 25: Five Minute Friday – "Voice"

October 27, 2012 at 10:15 am

Thanks for stopping by Amy!

Paula Barnett
    October 26, 2012 at 2:08 pm

Barbie, your voice is not only being heard but it delights my heart. Thank you for allowing God’s perfect expression to come forth through you!
    Paula Barnett recently posted..Grace {The Voice of Freedom}

October 27, 2012 at 10:16 am

Thank you so much Paula. You are such an encourager. Blessings!

Lea
    October 26, 2012 at 6:10 pm

Barbie, a great post. And, you definitely use your voice for the Lord and I know He’s smiling down on you. Have yourself a lovely weekend!
    Lea recently posted..Friday’s Letter’s

October 27, 2012 at 10:16 am

Thank you my friend!

Wendy @ E-1-A
    October 27, 2012 at 7:00 am

Love to listen to the voice of the Holy Spirit speaking through your posts Barbie. Your posts have spoken straight into my heart on many occasions.

October 27, 2012 at 10:17 am

So thankful you are encouraged Wendy. Have a beautiful weekend.