Five Minute Friday: Welcome

Today I am joining Lisa-Jo and others for the 5 Minute Friday where we are given a word prompt and write for just 5 minutes simply for the joy of writing. No editing or backtracking necessary. No need to be perfect. Just words freely flowing from my heart to yours.

Welcome

(photo credit)

Holy Spirit Thou art welcome in this place
Holy Spirit Thou art welcome in this place
Omnipotent Father of Mercy and Grace
Thou art welcome in this place
(Lyrics)

I welcome Him in to this space which I dedicated to Him from the beginning.  I pray and grasp for words.  He comes and fills my heart and it comes from the overflow. As He welcomes me to come, I draw near, with ears to hear, “what are you saying Father”?  And I write.  Sometimes free.  Other times afraid.

Will they receive me?  Will they feel welcomed here in this place?

When you come for a visit, no matter how long you stay, I pray that you feel His presence.  I pray that His Words make you feel welcomed, at home, at peace.

My friends, you are welcome here.  Holy Spirit, You are welcome here.

Five Minute Friday

1. Alissa Collins says:

🙂 Beautiful! I love to welcome the Holy Spirit… Knowing as I do, that I never know what I am going to get! 🙂

2. Thanks for the welcome, Barbie. I need the reminders to keep this space as a spot for him and not just a selfish outlet for me.

3. Mary Bonner says:

Barbie, I felt welcome the first time I was here. Very welcome. Something about your online space was/is special. Thank you for making me feel so welcome!

• Barbie says:

Mary, I am so thankful. I am grateful that I get to do this, to share His heart with so many. And to receive His heart from so many. You are one of those!

4. Diana Denis says:

I have always felt right at home here with you. What a beautiful prayer Barbie. So glad to have you to glean from and follow as you keep Him first in everything you share here.

5. Barbie- I am grateful to have the privilege of being in your welcoming presence in person. You exude welcome. Even when you are tired and done, you still say welcome. 🙂

6. Ro elliott says:

beautiful…you have a very welcoming place…which comes from a welcoming heart…blessings to you~

7. Debbie says:

I always feel welcomed with you Barbie! You are a blessing to so many. Glad to call you friend.

Blessings and love,
    Debbie

8. Oh, Barbie, yes, I feel the Holy Spirit in this place, this place you hold up, surrendered, to Him. Just beautiful, friend. Your heart is stunning, for Him.

9. Nikki says:

Yes, I feel it every time I visit. Even in my email, I feel Him speaking to me through you. So blessed by this space you created for us to worship Him freely. Thank you, friend.

10. Jessica Chenoweth says:

His presence is what truly fills us. Beautiful post!

11. k c says:

Hi Barbie,
    Thank you so much for the warm welcome. Looking forward to visiting with you:)
    karen

12. Dana Pittman says:

Amen… Thank you for such a warm welcome.

13. Alia_Joy says:

Barbie, I love your welcoming spirit. It does overflow out of you even though we’ve never met. Blessings to you, dear one.

14. charis says:

yes, i do feel welcome. you have become a friend.

15. Denise Oldham says:

Thanks for the warm welcome, be blessed.

16. Kacey says:

oh, how sweet! I love this. Your blog is so pretty and calming. I really like your header. Thanks for stopping by to visit my FMF post.