31 Days of Coffee Talk with Jesus, Faith

I Will Hold You

(photo source

My Child,

Remember those times when you were afraid and you longed for your daddy’s strong arms to hold you?  Sometimes he did, and perhaps maybe he didn’t ever hold you the way you desired to be held, but I want you to know that I was there.

When you were afraid,
I held you until My peace overwhelmed you.

When you felt alone,
I held you until you could feel My Holy Spirit within you.

When you were confused,
I held you until clarity took over your mind.

When you were angry,
I held you until the tears fell and you felt My love.

When you felt hopeless,
I held you until hope arose in your heart.

But I didn’t just hold you then.  I hold you now.  Can you feel my strong arms around you?  Do you feel loved and at peace?

On those days were you long for your daddy’s arms, reach up!  I will pick you up and hold you.

And I will never let you go!

Until tomorrow,
Love Jesus

*This is Day 24 of a 31 Day series on Coffee Talk With Jesus.  You can find all of the posts in this series here.  I pray you are blessed as you read.

14 thoughts on “I Will Hold You”

1. Barbie says:

Thanks Melissa! I appreciate you stopping by.

1. Dawn St Amand Paoletta says:

Two things:
    1. That cup of Yum is calling me very loudly!
    2. Growing up without a Dad made the presence of God real to me as a child although I was unsure about so many things. But I did receive the powerful memory and impression of His very real presence. Eventually I got to meet my real life Dad and also accept my Father in Heaven’s love for real. Now I have both of them! Thanks for the beautiful reminder.
    Dawn St Amand Paoletta recently posted..Cat Naps and Nine Lives {Faith Life Preservers-Day 24 }

1. Barbie says:

My girlfriend told me today that these yummy photos of mine were sinful! I am so thankful that God’s presence was so real to you as a child. I had a dad, although emotionally distant, and didn’t have God in my life until I was 20. And how wonderful that you got to meet your dad. God is in the restoring business!

2. Cyndi says:

Having a physical father who was absent most my life made me really relate to these beautiful words…

1. Barbie says:

I am so grateful Cyndi. It’s so wonderful to know that we have a Father in heaven who loves us more than earthly father ever could. Thanks for stopping by!

1. Barbie says:

Thank you Dolly!

1. Barbie says:

So thankful this post spoke to your heart Carolyn. Saying a prayer for you tonight.

1. Barbie says:

Thank you my friend!

3. Ren says:

This was an awesome way to start my day! And seriously, that coffee looks soo good!
    Ren recently posted..Ogres are like onions..

1. Barbie says: