Just Breathe {Day 3 – Coffee Talk With Jesus}

My Beloved One,

I am so glad that you came to sit and talk with me today.  I can feel your heart expanding in the palm of my hand.  Don’t forget that I am Your Protector.  As we take this journey together, I will take your fragile and often over worked heart and allow it to do nothing but grow in my grasp.

There is no need to be fearful of the next step.  I can hear you breathing.  You’ve had a long day and I can feel the weight of the day on your shoulders.  I do not want you to labor for your next breath.  I promise you that no matter how you are feeling right at this moment, I will not allow you to suffocate under the weight of what it is you are carrying.

I know that you are tired.  I understand that sometimes you feel as if you don’t have the strength for the journey.  I don’t want you to ever feel as if you cannot come and talk with me.  It’s often hard to put into words what you carry in your heart, isn’t it?

“How can someone like me, your servant, talk to you, my lord? My strength is gone, and I can hardly breathe.”  (Daniel 10:17)

Will you do something for me?  Will you breathe?  Now, I know what you are thinking, “Lord, I am already breathing otherwise I wouldn’t be here.”  This is true. But I want to teach you to breathe in a different way.  First, I want you to close your eyes.  You may want to put your cup of coffee down, just for a moment.  I promise I will let you finish it.  Now close your eyes.  Next, I want you to take a big, deep breath.  And as you inhale, I am again filling you with my own breath — the breath of life.  These deep, cleansing breathes are good for your spirit, soul and body.

Now I want you to exhale.  Go head.  Blow out all of the stuff that doesn’t belong — disappointment, worry, fear of failure, fear that you aren’t measuring up, lost hope, unmet needs.  These were never yours to carry in the first place.  Remember how I told you that my yoke is easy, and my burden is light? How can you breathe properly when you carry the weight of the world on your shoulders?

“For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”  (Matthew 11:30)

With every breath you take, I am once again filling you with peace, joy and hope.  So before you leave today, remember to take several more deep breaths. I want you to feel my presence with you when you leave.  Now go ahead and finish your coffee.  But promise me that you will come back tomorrow.  We have some more work to do.

*This is Day 3 of a 31 Day series on Coffee Talk With Jesus.  You can find all of the posts in this series here.  I pray you are blessed as you read.

1. nikkibrewer says:

Great!!

2. Laura Rath says:

“I promise you that no matter how you are feeling right at this moment, I will not allow you to suffocate under the weight of what it is you are carrying.”

Just what I needed to hear this morning. Thanks Barbie, have a great day!

3. anne at learningtable says:

This was exactly what I needed to hear today. Thank you!

4. susan shull says:

Barbie-This is great! I am in the middle of my Holy Yoga Certification, and I will use this devotional writing when I start teaching-giving you all the credit, of course. I am going to take this as another confirmation that I am doing the right thing-getting certified, I mean. Thanks!

5. charis says:

great encouragement barbie!

6. maria chamorro says:

Barbie this is so beautiful. I love how this is like a having a conversation with God after a crazy day. Beautiful words…
    Angie

7. Judith says:

Just what I needed, right at this moment. Thanks Barbie 🙂

8. Emiliana Martin says:

Perfect timing. I need to remember to breathe. Thanks Barbie. Good stuff.

9. Rosann says:

Thanks to this inspiration (I read it on my phone early this morning) I’ve been breathing in My Savior all day. 🙂

10. What an inspiring series! Thanks for stopping by my blog the other day – I’m looking forward to reading more of your blog. 🙂

11. StefanieYoungBrown says:

If nothing else, I needed this quote today: “I will not allow you to suffocate under the weight of what it is you are carrying.” Thank you, Barbie!

12. Barbie says:

Thank you my friend!

13. Barbie says:

You’re so welcome Anne! So thankful He speaks to us just when we need Him to.

14. Janet says:

Your series for 31 days is beautiful and has been touching my heart. Thank you.

15. This one really struck something in me. I probably read it too quickly, because I had too many blog posts in my reader to catch up on & time is limited with 3 little kiddos, but I think I’ll need to come back a few more times today & drink it in slowly and actually take the time to take those deep breaths. 🙂 I forget to slow down and let Jesus speak to me and intentionally breathe Him in.

• Barbie says:

Jacquie, I am so thankful you stopped by. I’ve been enjoying watching your little one grow. I am so sorry I haven’t taken the time to comment. I want to slow down and make that a priority. May we both learn to sit and breathe Him in so that we can pour out even more on our families!