Relabeling {Day 5 – Coffee Talk With Jesus}

My Girl,

Here we are again.  I’ve been waiting for you to come.  You make me smile when you walk into the room.  Don’t worry about your hair.  I know you’ve had a long day. You don’t ever have to clean yourself up to come and chat with me.  Remember, I love you just the way you are.  Grap your cup of hot cocoa and let’s talk.

What is this about all of the labels you’re carrying around with you?  I can see them. They are all over you.  But my love, these words were never chosen for you.  These words do not define you, but you have allowed yourself to be identified by them, at least in your own mind.  These invisible untruths have put a hole in your heart so big that filling it with the truth seems overwhelming.

Today I want to help you to begin to remove these negative labels and replace them with the truth found in My Love Letter to you.

When you tell yourself that you are not enough,

Don’t you realize that you are more than a conqueror because you love me and I have called you? (Romans 8:37)

When you call yourself ugly,

Don’t you realize that you are beautiful in my eyes? (Song of Solomon 4:7)

When you call yourself weak and ineffective,

Don’t you realize that in your weakness I am made strong? (2 Corinthians 12:9)

When you tell yourself that you are undesirable,

Don’t you realize that My desire is for you? (Song of Solomon 7:10)

Do you feel lighter now?  We have only just begun.  I want you to go and tuck yourself away in the secret place.  Take My Love Letter with you and look for truths that will help you to break free of the lies that you’ve believed about yourself for too long.

I can’t wait until we meet again tomorrow!

*This is Day 5 of a 31 Day series on Coffee Talk With Jesus.  You can find all of the posts in this series here.  I pray you are blessed as you read.

1. Absolutely beautiful, Barbie! 🙂

2. Diana Denis says:

I’m printing this for my refrigerator door. I have some key verses up there and notes for my daughters. These are the very thoughts I want them to believe about themselves. Thank you Barbie!

3. TereasaM says:

Oh Barbie, this is beautiful! You girls are doing such a great job with 31 days of. . . I wish I had caught on sooner. Of course, I don’t have any time to do 31 days of anything right now and I’m not sure when I will. LOL. How is your life, my dear? I pray for you often.

• Barbie says:

It’s been challenging to get the posts up. It’s 1:00am here. I am puppy training so I am up and thinking about my post for today. And realize I actually have to write two! We’ve been good. Life is crazy busy but I am striving to stay rooted and grounded in Christ. Thank you so much for your prayers!

4. Kelli says:

Girl, He has spoken right through you! Beautiful!!

5. So powerful. To exchange the broken voices in our head for the whole One in our spirit. Outstanding.

6. Lea says:

Barbie, you should put these entries into a devotional book. They remind me of Jesus Calling, so profound and full of truth! Blessings!

7. Replacing the negative with these beautiful truths… love this, Barbie! I used 2 Corin. 12:9 for my post tomorrow. So great! 🙂

8. Dalia says:

I love this! How very true it is. Thank you for sharing Barbie. Have a blessed weekend!

9. Ami Allison says:

Such a wonderful reminder. I tend to let these labels stick all of me too. It’s time to wash them away.

10. Amy @BelovedPursuit says:

Ahhh, how I love that this fits right into my series! Love this message.

11. Wendy says:

Barbie…I swear you are writing this especially for me. Thank you so much for your sweet words. I am so loving these coffee talks with Jesus. Blessings friend.

12. Barbie says:

Amen Ami! Your comment gives a hint to tomorrow’s post 🙂

13. Mary Gemmill says:

Barbie- your words were GOD”S words spoken directly into my heart around the world in New Zealand. Thank YOu for listening to HIm for me. God Bless !!!