Five Minute Friday: Wonder

Today I am joining Lisa-Jo and others for the 5 Minute Friday where we are given a word prompt and write for just 5 minutes simply for the joy of writing. No editing or backtracking necessary. No need to be perfect. Just words freely flowing from my heart to yours.

Wonder

I love this time of year.

It is a season full of hopeful expectation.

A time of joyful laugher, mixed with shedding of tears.

It is a season where faith, hope and love abound.

A time of trial, triumph and often tragedy.

It is a season of renewed dreams, restored lives and romance.

A time of warming hands by the fire, and shoveling snow.

It is a season of sweets, smells and delight.

A time of decking the halls, and ringing of bells.

In this season of Christmas, may you look up and see the sign and the wonder of Christ.

Birthed in heaven, yet brought forth in a marvelous display of power.

Laid low in a manager, this babe, this wonder.

May you look for the sign of His coming,

and see the wonder of His creation set before you.

Five Minute Friday

1. Mary says:

Lovely, my friend…just lovely. And that photo??? Beautiful! Where was it taken?
    Mary recently posted..5 minute Friday…WONDER

2. kristi says:

Beautifully written! May this Season fill us all with glorious wonder!
    kristi recently posted..My Favorite Basketball Player!

3. It is a season of wonder, but sometimes I have trouble finding the wonder between the to-do lists and gift buying. And I wonder if God really likes all this stuff that we do out of habit. Not trying to be a scrooge, I hope your sense of wonder at this holiday grows stronger each day.
    Laura @ Pruning Princesses recently posted..Tween magazine reviews: American Girl Magazine

• Barbie says:

Oh I hear you! Christmas had gotten way too commercialized. We are having to scale way back, due to my husband’s unemployment, not that we ever went overboard, but it’s totally helping me to focus in on the reason we celebrate — JESUS! Have a great weekend!

4. Beautiful , may we all look up and see Christ this season!!
    Jennifer peterson recently posted..wonder

5. Mia says:

Hi Barbie
    How I wish I could experience a white Xmas just once. Xmas in South Africa is sun filled days on the beach
    and beautiful warm evenings around a fire outside having a braai ( barbeque) with your loved ones.
    Bless you, sweet friend
    Mia
    Mia recently posted..The Wonder of Imperfection

• Barbie says:

Hi Mia, I don’t live where it snows, but wish I did! Christmas outside by the fire, now that sounds wonderful! Have a beautiful weekend.

6. Debbie says:

Oh yes, the wonder of Jesus the true gift of Christmas! Beautiful Barbie …

Blessings and love,
    Debbie
    Debbie recently posted..Five Minute Friday ~ Wonder

7. hsmominmo says:

It is a Wondrous time of year, indeed! I enjoyed your word pictures. Thank you!

8. Summer says:

I love this post! I hung on every word! I love this season! I love Christmas, mostly because of Christ and his brith and the celebration around it and the fun and pressies and elfs and Santa is an added bonus

love you
    Summer
    Summer recently posted..Girl on fire

9. Loved this! That picture is incredible!
    Nancy @ Pilgrim Wanderings recently posted..Wonder – #fiveminutefriday

10. Jenilee says:

love this! I really want to join in with 5 minute friday next year!
    Jenilee recently posted..Missionary Service: Washington, Iowa

11. ~Karrilee~ says:

Simply GORGEOUS!!!
    ~Karrilee~ recently posted..Five Minute Friday – WONDER

12. Missy says:

Yes please! May I be wonder-struck anew at His gift this Christmas – and aware of all of the hopefilled wonder all around.
    Missy recently posted..The Wonder of Five Minute Friday

13. Amber says:

Starting with the photo, this is glorious. Thank you. I love how many things, seemingly in opposition of each other, are present in this season… how Jesus comes into the messiness and imperfection of it all with his beauty, redemption and hope.
    Amber recently posted..A birthday card for Papa

14. Beautiful!
    Natasha Metzler recently posted..Faces I Remember {a Haiti story}

15. I love this Barbie! And your son did a great job with the photo!
    Beth @ My Destiny recently posted..Nothing like a true friend.

16. Emily says:

Hi! I’m late coming over from Five Minute Fridays, but I’m so glad I did 🙂 This is a beautiful, simple response to wonder. I love all the alliterations, too. Enjoy this season!