I Just Want To Thank You

Today I am joining Lisa-Jo and others for the 5 Minute Friday where we are given a word prompt and write for just 5 minutes simply for the joy of writing. No editing or backtracking necessary. No need to be perfect. Just words freely flowing from my heart to yours.

(photo credit)

There is a chorus that I sing often in the prayer room.  The words go like this:

I just want to thank You, thank You, Jesus.
I just want to thank You, thank You, for You are so good.

Not just today, but every day, I want my heart to overflow with thanks to the One who is worthy of all praise and adoration.  With a grateful heart I say thank You Jesus, for You are good.

I just want to thank you for my husband — compassionate, patient, steady, faithful, forgiving.

I just want to thank you for my children — healthy, secure, strong, artistic, lovers of You,

I just want to thank you for my job — provision, passion, purpose, ministry.

I just want to thank you for my friends — faithful, prayer warriors, laughter, coffee sippers, chocolate indulgers.

I just want to thank you for the hard places — stretched, but not pulled apart, bruised but not broken, mourning for a moment, but joy restored for a life time.

In this season of lack and of want, I thank you that I have everything that I need.  I thank You for drawing me closer to you and teaching me to trust You more.

Today, and every day, I just want to thank you.  For you are always good.

The LORD is good to all; he has compassion on all he has made.  (Psalm 145:9)

Five Minute Friday

1. Lizzy says:

So much to be thankful for! What a great list of reminders…

“In this season of lack and of want, I thank you that I have everything that I need. I thank You for drawing me closer to you and teaching me to trust You more.” – loved this part in particular. I am so there right now. But God is good. Though I have needs I have never gone without. So much to praise Him for!
    Lizzy recently posted..Thankfulness

2. Debbie says:

Barbie, it is in those times of lack and want that we draw closer to our Lord. I’ve learned that through some very difficult times. But He alone is our source of comfort and help. He will restore you as He is restoring me. Praying for you right now my friend.

Blessings and love,
    Debbie
    Debbie recently posted..Five Minute Friday ~ Thank You

3. Nancy @ Pilgrim Wanderings says:

He is so faithful to provide when we trust!
    Nancy @ Pilgrim Wanderings recently posted..Thank You – #fiveminutefriday

4. Linda says:

Hi Beth,
    Loved your post!
    I have just started a Gratitude journal and will be posting each Friday on this at Days Touched By Grace.
    During my illness 3 years ago and subsequent major surgery He took me on a journey and I was thankful to learn that “Just enough is enough.”
    Blessings

5. Lovely!! Love that prayer/song:) Thank you for your beautiful heart!!
    Jennifer peterson recently posted..Thank you

6. Child of God says:

Awesome!! I too thank You LORD and thank You and thank You for the precious Blood of Jesus. Thank You LORD!

Blessings sister,
    Child of God recently posted..Pray With Me

7. Mia says:

Hi Barbie
    I am sipping coffee as I am reading your post on thank you. The first thing that came to mind was a hearty thank you to our Pappa God for another coffee sipper. Yes, dear friend, as long as we stay in Jesus the whole life is a joyous ode of thankfulness to our Father God. I am grateful that we can always rejoice in Him.
    Much love
    Mia
    Mia recently posted..Tenacious Thankfulness

8. karen says:

Your cup overflows!

9. Missy says:

The perspective you bring to the very many ways each in our family can bring gratitude to our hearts is refreshing and much needed. So thankful for your writing today.
    Missy recently posted..Thankful Heart and Waistband