Preparing My Heart For Christ

Thanksgiving has come and gone.  I’ve spent much time reflecting on all that God has done in my life.  I am still working through a few things, digging deep to find the “attitude of gratitude”, but it is an area of my life that I must allow Him to bring healing.  To be thankful in ALL circumstances is a place where I want to live, continually expressing praise and gratitude to the One who has given me so much.  I don’t want to focus so much on the many blessings He’s given to me, although there is nothing wrong with that.  I want to turn my attention to receiving Him, the Savior, the greatest blessing of all.

During the month of December, I will be sharing a little bit of how I am preparing my heart to receive Him.  I don’t have any scheduled posts, no plans to post on the same day each week, but with the exception of the Five Minute Friday and Fresh Brewed Sundays, I will be sharing a glimpse into how I am allowing God to move my heart towards Him this Christmas season.  I hope to do this at least once a week, on Tuesdays, leading up to Christmas, or as God leads me.

I want the posture of my heart to be one of wide open acceptance, to receive Him fully, without demands, or without expecting anything in return.  I want to receive Him and all that He is, continually.  I want my heart to be wide open to this gift.  I want to unwrap Him fully, encountering the mysteries yet to be revealed.

I hope you will join me on this journey as we prepare our hearts for Christ.

1. yes, preparing our hearts for Him 🙂 Hope you had a blessed Thanksgiving, Barbie 🙂
    Dolly@Soulstops recently posted..Alphabet of Thanks Series: Whom does Jesus call "D"aughter?

2. Diana says:

I can hardly wait to read your posts about this – about preparing yourself, your heart, for the Lord! I am excited to learn of your journey and to hopefully learn from it myself!

(By the way… Thank you for your prayers through the hard times my family has been facing this year. We have appreciated SO MUCH knowing that friends in cyberspace are even sending up prayer to God. Thank you, friend. 🙂 )
    Diana recently posted..Praise for surgery and healing

• Barbie says:

Hi Diana. This preparation of my heart is unfolding in my heart, so I will be posting as I receive revelation. Praying you are blessed by the posts. I continue to pray for your family!

3. Wendy says:

So looking forward to what you will be sharing! Love that we get to prepare our hearts together my sweet friend! What a gift you are!

4. Mia says:

Hi dear Barbie
    I have found that I had to ask our Pappa to give me an attitude of grattitude for in myself I could not find the means to! I want to make a suggestion. Actually, I want to ask a favor. FMF is only starting again in the new year, so I was wondering if you don’t want to invite your readers to write on a word in December each week describing how God is preparing their hearts for Xmas? Remember to say no if you don’t feel up to it!
    Blessings to you
    Mia recently posted..Jesus, the Iconoclast

• Barbie says:

Yes, I need to ask Father God to help me to remember to be grateful. How easily I can turn to mumbling and complaining. I have a thought about the what you suggested and will email you!

5. I will be reading your posts as a way to prepare MY heart for Christmas. So glad that there seems to be a revival going on to bring the focus back to the birth of our Lord!
    susan@avintagefarmwife recently posted..Sweet Sunday

6. ove this idea:) can’t wait to read what you share!
    Jennifer peterson recently posted..My mid-life crisis on

7. lindy says:

Will be anxious to read your thoughts!
    lindy recently posted..It was a wedding…

8. Angie @ Beauty of One says:

Oh Barbie, I love your approach to this season. I am doing an Advent study looking for a more personal connection with God after this year that has left me with a raw heart. I look forward to reading your thoughts on this journey. 🙂
    Angie @ Beauty of One recently posted..a celebration of advent: hope

9. I have been struggling to have a good attitude….so this touches me….and I agree with the material things…they dont matter
    Kim @ Stuff could…. recently posted..Thankfully Recovering

10. Rosann says:

Oh Barbie, I can’t wait to read your heart throughout this series. What a beautiful and glorious idea. 🙂
    Rosann recently posted..How Would You Like to Win an iPad Mini?

11. Jen says:

Barbie – So blessed by this! Was stirred as I read it! Amen to your purpose….to receive Christ, not for what He gives, but for who He is!!! My husband has a saying in his country, “They have love for the bacon & not the pig”. And often, I think, it’s easy for us as Christians to adore Christ (not that He is a pig….oh, I think you know what I mean!) But we can quite innocently & even unknowingly use Him or receive Him in the first place because of what He can give….not because of simply who He is!

I am choosing your blog to do a short write up on next Tuesday, as a result of your faithful linking up with UNITE each week! I think your theme is a perfect fit for Rich Faith Rising! Can’t wait to share your blog & the fact that God is good & worthy of our praise….simply because of who He is!

Bless you my dear friend! ~ Jen
    Jen recently posted..When Carpets Are Stained With Blue Fingernail Polish and Faith.

12. Denise says:

Hi Barbie; what a wonderful idea for a series! I am all about the condition of my heart, and surround myself with them as a reminder of not only His love and grace, but also my heart love for Him! 🙂

Blessings and love,