18 In Faith

Clinging To Faith

Have you ever had to cling to faith? Have you ever had to use all of your strength and energy to lay hold of the promises of God for your life?

I am in that place today friends. It’s not a comfortable place. I feel weak and vulnerable, but in it I am seeing Jesus in ways I’ve never seen Him before.  Just when I feel as if I may loose my grip, He comes, and reminds me that even if I let go, He’s got a hold of me.  I can’t do this alone.  I have to lean on God, even when I don’t understand.

Faith is a funny thing. You can’t see it. Most of the time, you can’t feel it. But it’s something that in those hard seasons of our lives, we just have to work out. Faith is a muscle that has to be exercised and continually strengthened.  We have to choose to lay hold of faith, to grasp onto it, tightly, and not let go. We have to choose to believe that what God said is truth, and that it’s not only truth, but true for our own individual lives.

I came across this amazing quote today:

Faith sees what your physical eyes can never see;
Faith knows what your natural mind can never comprehend;
Faith possess what your physical arms can never hold;
Faith says “yes” to everything God declares to be true;
Faith stands upon everything God says is certain, it leans upon everything God says is immovable, and it counts upon everything God says will come to pass.
– Corrie Ten Boom

When I can’t see two feet in front of me, God promises to give me revelation.

When I don’t understand the struggle, God promises to deliver me.

When I feel like I may loose my grip, God promises to give me strength.

I continue to say “yes” to God.  Yes to the mess. Yes to the confusion. Yes to the silence. Yes to the closed doors. Yes to the emptiness. Yes to my lack.  When all I have to give to Him is a weak and tearful “yes”, I am reassured again and again that this is all He desires, because with a weak and painful yes, God can move mountains!

He replied, “Because you have so little faith. I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there’ and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.” (Matthew 17:20)

He is the God who came.

But in faith, I choose to believe that He is the God who still comes, just for me, continually, over and over again.

He is the God of yesterday, today and forever.

But in faith, I choose to believe that He is the God of the moment, the suddenly, a God of miracles, and the God who can change everything in the blink of an eye.

How is your faith muscle today? Does it need to be exercised?  Take some time to remember who He is and all that He’s done for you.  Cling to faith, with everything you’ve got.  Hold on, and believe that your breakthrough is coming.

Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.
(Hebrews 11:1)

Mia
    December 5, 2012 at 12:45 am

Dear Barbie
    It was only as I cried out to our Pappa that I am unable to believe that He showered buckets full of faith in my heart. It is truly a gift from heaven. We cannot even believe if we don’t receive that from His hand as well.
    HugsXX
    Mia
    Mia recently posted..An Ornament from Russia, with Love

December 5, 2012 at 7:50 am

So true Mia! I pray and ask Him to fill me with faith every day! Blessings to you!

Rosann
    December 5, 2012 at 3:11 am

Barbie, I absolutely love the way you just have God glory in the storm. He loves you so much and He is working in your life, on your breakthrough. Continue persevering with your beautiful faith. God’s answer is certainly far better than the pleas of your heart. I just know He will blow your mind with His plan. :). Love you, sweet friend!
    Rosann recently posted..Eliminating the Chaos of the Christmas Season

December 5, 2012 at 7:51 am

Thank you for your sweet encouragement this morning Rosann!

Christina
    December 5, 2012 at 4:27 am

I love the quote from Corrie ten Boom. Faith is often walking blind, trusting God to guide us into the next moment. Thanks for sharing from your heart!
    Christina recently posted..Meaningful and Creative Gifts

December 5, 2012 at 7:51 am

Thanks for stopping by Christina!

Positively Alene
    December 5, 2012 at 5:15 am

Always beautiful here! Corrie Ten Boom is one of my favs. Talk about a journey of faith. You bless sweet girl – thank you.
    Positively Alene recently posted..you can know there is purpose when god is silent.

December 5, 2012 at 7:51 am

Always nice to have you drop in Alene!

~Karrilee~
    December 5, 2012 at 9:14 am

So precious – the honesty and faith intermixed in the middle (not at the end yet) of the storm!
    Praying for you!
    ~Karrilee~
    ~Karrilee~ recently posted..Tuesdays Unwrapped – Our See-Through Tree

December 5, 2012 at 9:01 pm

Thank you so much Karrilee!

Jennifer Peterson
    December 5, 2012 at 2:26 pm

Barbie I have been where you are and it is hard, when we feel we’re losing our grip, God holds on to us tighter!!! Praying for you and love ya

December 7, 2012 at 9:14 am

Thank you so much Jennifer!

Marybeth Thielke
    December 7, 2012 at 8:30 am

Oh I so needed these words today. What a great post. Thank you…
    Marybeth Thielke recently posted..Holy time {nap time}

December 7, 2012 at 9:15 am

Thanks Marybeth!

Lisa
    December 7, 2012 at 8:57 am

I think there is great value in being free to say “I’m feeling vulnerable”. How will the healers be able to use their gifts if everyone hides their pain?
    Lisa recently posted..We’re a sisterhood of women. A Sister… Hood

December 7, 2012 at 9:15 am

That’s so true Lisa. We cannot use our gifts to bring healing when others hide their pain. Thanks for stopping by!

Deb
    December 7, 2012 at 10:11 am

Barbie, I have experienced several times in my life when I’ve had to simply walk by faith. Actually having one of those days today. Thanks for this precious reminder. I needed this blessing!!
    Deb recently posted..The Gift of Help

December 8, 2012 at 11:43 pm

You’re welcome my friend. May you be encouraged today and strengthened!