9 In Faith

Monday Morning Meditations: {Phil. 1:4-6}

If you’ve read my blog for any length of time, you know that I am all about the Word of God and coffee!  I was so excited to have stumbled upon Girl Meets Paper last week.  I was overwhelmed with peace just by looking at her header, and then I saw a cute little button on her sidebar that was all about meditating on the Word of God with a hot cup of coffee (or perhaps tea or cocoa, if that is what you like).  I just knew I had found a friend for life and decided to participate.

Each Monday, Jane will share a scripture and asks us to participate in one of three ways:

• reflect on the passage and share a story or example from your life that exemplifies the truth of that passage
  • write a devotional of sorts, providing a more theological perspective on the selection
  • post a photo that you think captures the heart of the message
Today, I am simply sharing what came to my mind as I meditated on this week’s verse.

In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now, being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus. (Phil. 1:4-6)

Do you ever feel incomplete?  Unfinished?  I know that I do.  Whether it is in ministry, or relationships with my family, or issues I am walking through with friends, I often am reminded of the phrase, Be patient. God isn’t finished with you yet.

I often wonder when my time of completion will come.  Sometimes I get a little anxious in the waiting for the fulfillment of the promises that He has spoken to my heart.  This I do know: that I was created with a purpose.  And I wonder what do I need to do in order for God to complete the work that He started in me?  I need to get out of the way.  There is a saying, God will meet you half way.  I believe this is true.  But, I must begin to take baby steps towards God in order for Him to grab my hand and take me the rest of the way.

There is a joy and confidence that rises up in my heart when I make my requests known to Him, because I know that He will never leave me nor forsake me.  He is faithful to finish what He started. But, it’s a partnership.  God cannot do what He wants to do without me.

Are you feeling left unfinished today?  Pray and ask God if there is something you need to do to get out of the way.  You can approach Him with joy and in confidence today knowing that He will bring you through to completion.  He is faithful to finish the work that He began in you. You will not be left unfinished!

Head on over to Jane’s blog and see how you can participate.

Child of God
    December 3, 2012 at 10:05 am

Hi Barbie,
    I think we will be a continuous work and God will never be finished with us. How can He, when He is never ending and the discovery of things will be never ending.

Love the new link up. If I have time I might just join in.
    Blessings,
    Child of God recently posted..You Don’t Know

December 3, 2012 at 6:55 pm

So true my friend. We are a continual work of progress, and will never be complete until the day of His return.

Kela Nellums
    December 3, 2012 at 11:58 am

Beautiful words, Barbie!

Thank you for stopping by my place also! You had ME at the Word and coffee. My fondness shows in my blog signature 😉
    Kela Nellums recently posted..He Is Not Done Yet!

December 3, 2012 at 6:56 pm

I love your signature — the Sword and Coffee! Thanks for stopping by Kela!

Traci Michele
    December 3, 2012 at 12:22 pm

wonderful insight! You are such a blessing!

December 3, 2012 at 6:57 pm

Thank you Traci!

Tehila
    December 3, 2012 at 7:02 pm

What a beautiful word of encouragement. Who doesn’t feel incomplete and unfinished sometimes? I do, and the days that I don’t, I am so aware of God’s grace which is allowing me a break from focusing on myself, and gazing upon Him! I want more of those days!

Love your honesty and raw vulnerability!

God bless you as you abide in Him, my sister…
    Tehila recently posted..Giveaway: $50 AMAZON Gift Card!

Jacqui
    December 3, 2012 at 7:29 pm

I love this, “There is a joy and confidence that rises up in my heart when I make my requests known to Him, because I know that He will never leave me nor forsake me.” So true! Thanks Barbie! Blessings, friend!
    Jacqui recently posted..Comment on To Celebrate and Praise God Become Man by Jacqui

Jane Graham
    December 6, 2012 at 10:30 am

Barbie, I really enjoyed this post! You’re a lovely writer! You hit it right on the mark when you said “Sometimes I get a little anxious in the waiting for the fulfillment of the promises that He has spoken to my heart.” That’s me!! While I wait anxiously for prayers to be answered, your reminder to “get out of the way” comes in perfect timing. Thank you for linking up! I hope you’ll come back next Monday 😉