30 In Weekend Whispers

The Weekend Brew: He Hears My Longing

(photo credit)

You know what I long for, Lord;
you hear my every sigh. (Psalm 38:9 NLT)

I stumbled upon this verse today.  I have been reminded over and over again this week of how the Lord understands the yearnings of my heart.  How He hears my very loud cries for Him to come and meet my every need.  But He also hears every sigh, those quiet and unspoken cries. The ones that are often too heavy to express; the ones that you feel you could suffocate underneath.

My friend, if you are struggling today and can’t quite express your needs to the Lord, be assured that He hears you.  Every sigh of your heart is a beckoning for Him to come closer.  He is closer than the air you breathe, closer then the sighs from deep within.  He will meet your every need.

I would love for you to join me for Fresh Brewed Sundays.  This is where we share a scripture with just simple insight.  No heavy words necessary. Feel free to use the button in your post and link up below!

Melanie
    December 1, 2012 at 7:06 pm

Oh, so restful to think of that verse. He hears my sigh.
    Thank you for sharing it!
    Melanie recently posted..Comment on Adoption- how do I look like you? (part 1) by Jessica Heights

December 2, 2012 at 1:48 pm

You’re most welcome Melanie. Praying you’re having a restful Sunday!

Michele-Lyn
    December 1, 2012 at 7:28 pm

Yes, and amen. What beautiful encouragement. I believe this about Him. Love you, friend.
    Michele-Lyn recently posted..He gave…

December 2, 2012 at 1:49 pm

Thank you for stopping by Michele-Lyn! Love you too!

Child of God
    December 1, 2012 at 9:03 pm

How comforting to know God hears our every sigh. I have had many sighs over the last while, it is nice knowing God heard them all.

Blessings,
    Child of God recently posted..You Don’t Know

December 2, 2012 at 1:49 pm

I was able to minister at the prayer line today, and share this encouragement with a young woman. It is so comforting to know even when we cannot express with words, God hears! Bless you my friend!

Wendy
    December 1, 2012 at 9:33 pm

So thankful that He hears. That He leans down to listen even to the whispers of our hearts. Love you much sweet friend.
    Wendy recently posted..Do Me A Favor

December 2, 2012 at 1:50 pm

Oh I can picture Him leaning over the balcony of heaven, inclining His ear to the cries of our hearts! Love you back!

Mia
    December 2, 2012 at 3:26 am

Oh, Barbie
    Yes, He is sooo close. He lives His life in our freshly brewed new born spirits. It amazes me to think that He truly is real-life closer than our breaths and sighs of our souls. WOW!
    Have a wonderful Sunday.
    Mia
    Mia recently posted..The Wonder of Imperfection

December 2, 2012 at 1:51 pm

Such great insight my friend. Have a beautiful week.

Amanda
    December 2, 2012 at 4:09 am

“He is closer than the air you breathe…” ~ I love this and am so thankful that whether I am hurting or grateful beyond words, he knows my heart. He hears us and loves us. What an awesome, perfect God!! 🙂 Have a beautiful, blessed day!!
    Amanda recently posted..Sweet, Simple Saturday

December 2, 2012 at 1:54 pm

Thank you my friend. Praying you’re having a beautiful day!

Beth @ My Destiny
    December 2, 2012 at 6:10 am

Amen Barbie. What a sweet reminder. I’m glad He knows our every thought — even the cries that we can’t express with words.
    Beth @ My Destiny recently posted..Nothing like a true friend.

December 2, 2012 at 1:55 pm

I’m so thankful that even when I can’t express my heart, He already knows!

Diana Denis
    December 2, 2012 at 8:09 am

I am going to highlight this verse today. I am so comforted by this simple reminder: “He is closer than the air you breathe, closer then the sighs from deep within.” Thank you Barbie for allowing Him to speak to you and through you.
    Diana Denis recently posted..Hurricane Sandy: Part 1 The Natural

December 2, 2012 at 1:56 pm

It’s such a simple truth, and one we can so easily overlook.

Jen
    December 2, 2012 at 10:52 am

What a comforting thought, huh, my friend. That He hears our every whisper, our faintest cries, our deepest desires. That He is for us and not against us….and that (whether it looks like it or not) The God of The Universe is on our side! Blessings this Sunday, Jen
    Jen recently posted..When Storm’s Rise. Where Big Meaning is found in Small Words. And a Children’s Story.

December 2, 2012 at 1:58 pm

I just screamed a very loud AMEN to this statement. My God is for me, not against me! Thanks Jen!

Shelly Sorem
    December 2, 2012 at 2:07 pm

Beautiful verse! This is such a great reminder of how close God is. One of my favorite passages is from Psalm 139
    1 O Lord, you have searched me
        and you know me.
    2 You know when I sit and when I rise;
        you perceive my thoughts from afar.
    3 You discern my going out and my lying down;
        you are familiar with all my ways.
    4 Before a word is on my tongue
        you know it completely, O Lord.

December 3, 2012 at 7:00 pm

Thank you for stopping by Shelly! I love this portion of scripture that you shared. He knows everything about me.

Lea
    December 2, 2012 at 4:20 pm

Great post Barbie! There have been so many times in my life that the Lord has definitely heard the groanings of my heart. There are just times when we have no words to utter but he understands. Just another reason He is so awesome! Happy week!
    Lea recently posted..Sunday Social

December 3, 2012 at 7:00 pm

Thanks Lea!

Jennifer
    December 2, 2012 at 10:00 pm

That verse is such a comfort.
    Jennifer recently posted..Scripture and a Snapshot

December 3, 2012 at 7:00 pm

Glad you stopped by Jennifer! Have a beautiful week.

April {ThoughtfulEscapes.com}
    December 2, 2012 at 11:14 pm

{sigh} Thank you for sharing this verse. I haven’t seen it before, at least that I remember. Lately, I have felt I was suffocating under the ache of longing – the last couple days have been a relief – but it just takes a few words to change it all. I was just overwhelmed, yet again, with the ache. burden. longing. feelings of being overwhelmed. suffocated. unheard.

Of course it’s Sunday night. Heading into a new week. Days ahead I want to focus on the joy of giving – I really NEEDED to hear this. I want to hang onto the truth He hears even the cries to heavy to speak. He knows. Thank you.
    April {ThoughtfulEscapes.com} recently posted..Five Minute Friday: Wonder

December 3, 2012 at 7:02 pm

April, I am thankful that the Lord used this post to minister to your heart. I pray that He will reassure you over and over again that He is close to you, and hears your every cry — spoken or unspoken.

Amy Jung
    December 3, 2012 at 3:08 am

Thank you…I so needed to hear that today!!
    Amy Jung recently posted..Beyond the Nativity, A Four Week Devotional on the Incarnation: Week 1: The Description, Day 5: Dying in the Flesh

December 3, 2012 at 7:03 pm

Thanks for stopping by Amy!

Dolly@Soulstops
    December 3, 2012 at 8:51 pm

Thanks, Barbie, for sharing that great verse…what a picture of His tender care for us to even notice our sighs…..so we can trust Him, when the waiting is hard…hugs to you 🙂
    Dolly@Soulstops recently posted..Five Minute Fridays: Wonder

McKenzie
    February 2, 2017 at 2:39 pm

I LOVE this verse so much. Thank you for this daily encouragement.