The Weekend Brew: He Hears My Longing

(photo credit)

You know what I long for, Lord;
you hear my every sigh. (Psalm 38:9 NLT)

I stumbled upon this verse today.  I have been reminded over and over again this week of how the Lord understands the yearnings of my heart.  How He hears my very loud cries for Him to come and meet my every need.  But He also hears every sigh, those quiet and unspoken cries. The ones that are often too heavy to express; the ones that you feel you could suffocate underneath.

My friend, if you are struggling today and can’t quite express your needs to the Lord, be assured that He hears you.  Every sigh of your heart is a beckoning for Him to come closer.  He is closer than the air you breathe, closer then the sighs from deep within.  He will meet your every need.

I would love for you to join me for Fresh Brewed Sundays.  This is where we share a scripture with just simple insight.  No heavy words necessary. Feel free to use the button in your post and link up below!

1. Melanie says:

Oh, so restful to think of that verse. He hears my sigh.
    Thank you for sharing it!
    Melanie recently posted..Comment on Adoption- how do I look like you? (part 1) by Jessica Heights

2. Michele-Lyn says:

Yes, and amen. What beautiful encouragement. I believe this about Him. Love you, friend.
    Michele-Lyn recently posted..He gave…

3. Child of God says:

How comforting to know God hears our every sigh. I have had many sighs over the last while, it is nice knowing God heard them all.

Blessings,
    Child of God recently posted..You Don’t Know

• Barbie says:

I was able to minister at the prayer line today, and share this encouragement with a young woman. It is so comforting to know even when we cannot express with words, God hears! Bless you my friend!

4. Wendy says:

So thankful that He hears. That He leans down to listen even to the whispers of our hearts. Love you much sweet friend.
    Wendy recently posted..Do Me A Favor

• Barbie says:

Oh I can picture Him leaning over the balcony of heaven, inclining His ear to the cries of our hearts! Love you back!

5. Mia says:

Oh, Barbie
    Yes, He is sooo close. He lives His life in our freshly brewed new born spirits. It amazes me to think that He truly is real-life closer than our breaths and sighs of our souls. WOW!
    Have a wonderful Sunday.
    Mia
    Mia recently posted..The Wonder of Imperfection

6. Amanda says:

“He is closer than the air you breathe…” ~ I love this and am so thankful that whether I am hurting or grateful beyond words, he knows my heart. He hears us and loves us. What an awesome, perfect God!! 🙂 Have a beautiful, blessed day!!
    Amanda recently posted..Sweet, Simple Saturday

7. Amen Barbie. What a sweet reminder. I’m glad He knows our every thought — even the cries that we can’t express with words.
    Beth @ My Destiny recently posted..Nothing like a true friend.

8. Diana Denis says:

I am going to highlight this verse today. I am so comforted by this simple reminder: “He is closer than the air you breathe, closer then the sighs from deep within.” Thank you Barbie for allowing Him to speak to you and through you.
    Diana Denis recently posted..Hurricane Sandy: Part 1 The Natural

9. Jen says:

What a comforting thought, huh, my friend. That He hears our every whisper, our faintest cries, our deepest desires. That He is for us and not against us….and that (whether it looks like it or not) The God of The Universe is on our side! Blessings this Sunday, Jen
    Jen recently posted..When Storm’s Rise. Where Big Meaning is found in Small Words. And a Children’s Story.

10. Shelly Sorem says:

Beautiful verse! This is such a great reminder of how close God is. One of my favorite passages is from Psalm 139
    1 O Lord, you have searched me
        and you know me.
    2 You know when I sit and when I rise;
        you perceive my thoughts from afar.
    3 You discern my going out and my lying down;
        you are familiar with all my ways.
    4 Before a word is on my tongue
        you know it completely, O Lord.

11. Lea says:

Great post Barbie! There have been so many times in my life that the Lord has definitely heard the groanings of my heart. There are just times when we have no words to utter but he understands. Just another reason He is so awesome! Happy week!
    Lea recently posted..Sunday Social

12. Jennifer says:

That verse is such a comfort.
    Jennifer recently posted..Scripture and a Snapshot

13. {sigh} Thank you for sharing this verse. I haven’t seen it before, at least that I remember. Lately, I have felt I was suffocating under the ache of longing – the last couple days have been a relief – but it just takes a few words to change it all. I was just overwhelmed, yet again, with the ache. burden. longing. feelings of being overwhelmed. suffocated. unheard.

Of course it’s Sunday night. Heading into a new week. Days ahead I want to focus on the joy of giving – I really NEEDED to hear this. I want to hang onto the truth He hears even the cries to heavy to speak. He knows. Thank you.
    April {ThoughtfulEscapes.com} recently posted..Five Minute Friday: Wonder

• Barbie says:

April, I am thankful that the Lord used this post to minister to your heart. I pray that He will reassure you over and over again that He is close to you, and hears your every cry — spoken or unspoken.

14. Thanks, Barbie, for sharing that great verse…what a picture of His tender care for us to even notice our sighs…..so we can trust Him, when the waiting is hard…hugs to you 🙂
    Dolly@Soulstops recently posted..Five Minute Fridays: Wonder

15. McKenzie says:

I LOVE this verse so much. Thank you for this daily encouragement.