29 In My 5 Minute Fridays

Five Minute Friday: Cherished

Today I am joining Lisa-Jo and others for the 5 Minute Friday where we are given a word prompt and write for just 5 minutes simply for the joy of writing. No editing or backtracking necessary. No need to be perfect. Just words freely flowing from my heart to yours.

Cherished

It is the dream of every little girl to find the one who will love, honor and cherish her forever. But what happens to that little girl when love is taken, and there is no honor, and to be cherished is but a dream?

Love can be cruel when self-imposed.  There can be no honor among that which is taken from you.

How can anyone every cherish me now?

But there is One who promises to cherish me far above any other lover, forever.  He promises to take this broken soul, this wounded heart and hold it in His hands until His strength becomes my strength. He promises to take the shattered pieces of my heart and put them back together again.

Learning to love again has been hard.  Still so many “what ifs” and past regret.  But I am learning to look forward.  I am learning to embrace love again.

I can hear Him whisper to this weary soul:

Come to Me, My daughter.  Lift your eyes and lock onto My gaze.  For You will once again find Your worth, for all that You are is found in Me.  You will once again find true love, for I am love.  You will once again be honored, no longer a woman scorned. I promise to give you all of Me, freely, no strings attached.  I promise that in Me you will be forever cherished.

What are your thoughts on the word “cherished”?  I would love to know.

Five Minute Friday

Ashley Whittemore
    January 18, 2013 at 1:58 am

Beautiful.

So good to know that we have a God who redeems, loves…. cherishes.

Stopping by from “5 Minute Friday”. Glad I did.

January 18, 2013 at 11:17 pm

Thank you for stopping by Ashley! Happy weekend!

Mia
    January 18, 2013 at 2:59 am

Dearest Barbie
    What a beautiful declaration of endless, unconditional love from your Lord and Bridegroom from heaven! Yes, dear one, He is Truth and His words will always be the anchor of your heart.
    Much love XX
    Mia
    Mia recently posted..Tears from Heaven

January 18, 2013 at 11:18 pm

AMEN my friend!

Student Mom (Jenn)
    January 18, 2013 at 3:32 am

Oh my friend. My heart breaks for yours. It’s wonderful that you can put your trust in The One – He will never forsake you nor leave you. I like that you’re my neighbour in FMF’s.
    Jenn
    Student Mom (Jenn) recently posted..Five Minute Friday – Cherished

January 18, 2013 at 11:19 pm

Thank you Jenn! Have a beautiful weekend.

Kim | At Home With Kim
    January 18, 2013 at 5:40 am

Oh Barbie, I’m so sorry you’ve felt such pain. And I’m so grateful you know of the Love of your Father in Heaven. You are cherished!!!!
    Kim | At Home With Kim recently posted..Photography Friday

January 18, 2013 at 11:19 pm

Thanks Kim! I appreciate you!

Missy
    January 18, 2013 at 7:02 am

Barbie, your words are a breath of fresh air – a reminder that there is life after the cherish promises are broken. Life in Him. And this line is beautiful – “He promises to take this broken soul, this wounded heart and hold it in His hands until His strength becomes my strength.” My heart responded to reading that!
    Missy recently posted..Cherished Sin – Five Minute Friday

January 18, 2013 at 11:20 pm

Thanks for dropping by Missy! So thankful you were blessed.

afridaysgirl
    January 18, 2013 at 7:16 am

Visiting from FMF. So encouraging these words are for all of us. Rosanne
    afridaysgirl recently posted..Cherished

January 18, 2013 at 11:21 pm

Thank you afridaysgirl visiting today. I truly appreciate it!

Mary
    January 18, 2013 at 7:35 am

Your words are lovely, my friend. Yes! He can make us feel cherished when we feel uncherishable.
    Mary recently posted..Cherished time…

January 18, 2013 at 11:21 pm

I am so thankful for a God who cherishes me, even when I feel ugly and unworthy!

Stefanie Brown
    January 18, 2013 at 7:49 am

Oh, Barbie!! I wish I was sitting across from you, sipping tea (or coffee), listening intently, rejoicing greatly. I appreciate your forthcoming words, words that connect to all of us in some way.

Thank you for sharing your heart through words, sweet friend!
    Stefanie Brown recently posted..Five Minute Friday ~ Cherished…

January 18, 2013 at 11:22 pm

You bless me, again and again, with your love and encouragement. Have a beautiful weekend!

Jacqui
    January 18, 2013 at 9:05 am

Barbie, I’m so sorry. You are such a beautiful sister in the Lord and your words are crafted so beautifully, penetrating the heart. Praying God’s grace and God’s love extinguishes all the hurt…that joy flourishes. Blessings.
    Jacqui recently posted..Comment on When I Remember Why I Cherish Writing by Christy @ A Heartening LIfe

January 18, 2013 at 11:22 pm

Thank you Jacqui!

Kim@stuffcould....
    January 18, 2013 at 9:06 am

I like these thoughtful things about cherishing….I found your new blog!

January 18, 2013 at 11:23 pm

Hi Kim! Thank you for stopping by!

~Karrilee~
    January 18, 2013 at 10:17 am

Beautiful! Oh how He loves us… even in darkness and blindness and woundedness and despair… He has been there all along and desires to love us into His Light! Reading this post made me think of Hosea… especially chapter 2 – for it is that Chapter that the Lord first revealed to me the unchanging passionate love He has for me… and how even through the hard times, He sings over us and draws us near!
    ~Karrilee~ recently posted..Five Minute Friday – Cherished

January 18, 2013 at 11:23 pm

This really encouraged my heart today. I love that the God of the universe sings over me, rejoices over me, delights in me and draws me near!

Wanda
    January 18, 2013 at 10:20 am

I appreciate you baring a piece of you on the pages of this post Barbie. I know all to well the courage it takes to embrace love again.
    Wanda recently posted..A Thought for Your Day

January 18, 2013 at 11:24 pm

Thank you Wanda!

Beth @ My Destiny
    January 18, 2013 at 12:09 pm

It makes me sad to think of you ever being hurt. ;-( I am grateful for the sweet healing in your life. You are such a light for the Kingdom.

Love and hugs!
    Beth
    Beth @ My Destiny recently posted..Cherished

January 18, 2013 at 11:24 pm

Thank you my friend! You are a light to me!

denise
    January 19, 2013 at 3:11 am

Love, prayers, and blessings dear one.
    denise recently posted..Five Minute Friday-Cherished

Tanya M.
    January 20, 2013 at 8:04 am

I love your post! Thank you for such a beautiful reminder of God’s promise. We are cherished indeed.

Lori
    January 21, 2013 at 7:01 pm

My heart aches for you but I’m happy to know that you know there is One who still cherishes you. Prayers and blessings.
    Lori recently posted..Five Minute Friday – Cherished