35 In My 5 Minute Fridays

Five Minute Friday: Opportunity

Today I am joining Lisa-Jo and others for the 5 Minute Friday where we are given a word prompt and write for just 5 minutes simply for the joy of writing. No editing or backtracking necessary. No need to be perfect. Just words freely flowing from my heart to yours.

Opportunity

A new year.  A season filled with opportunity.  But with opportunity will come challenges.  There are some changes that I need to make in my life.  The questions is, “Will I seize the opportunity for change?”  As God lays out a clear path before me, will I choose to walk toward the unknown, fully trusting?  Or will I pull back, desiring my own way?

God extends His hand to me, and He beckons me to come.  “This way”, He says.  My heart yearns to walk straight, into a season laden with opportunities for growth.  But I feel paralyzed, hesitant to allow Him to guide me there into the unknown, because I know that with each new opportunity for change will bring a new challenge.  Am I up to the challenge?  Am I ready to embrace all that lies ahead?

Will I sieze the opportunity for change?  With God’s help, yes, I will.

Five Minute Friday

(photo credit)

Jennifer peterson
    January 3, 2013 at 10:17 pm

woohoo you were the writer before me!! With God’s help you can do anything!! any challenge and any opportunity that comes your way.btw love the new look on the blog!!
    Jennifer peterson recently posted..opportunity

January 4, 2013 at 5:46 pm

Thank you Jennifer! And yes, I am quite overtaken with my new design!

Student Mom (Jenn)
    January 3, 2013 at 11:05 pm

OMW! I know what you mean – I’m too scared to ask for patience because He’ll teach me with things that require patience! In from Lisa’s
    Student Mom (Jenn) recently posted..Five Minute Friday – Opportunity

January 4, 2013 at 5:47 pm

Oh I know what you mean. I try not to pray for patience! 🙂

Loni
    January 3, 2013 at 11:19 pm

I am looking forward to this new opportunity of new changes as well. Let’s see what God will do in us and through us!
    Loni recently posted..Five Minute Friday: OPPORTUNITY

January 4, 2013 at 5:51 pm

Linking arms with you friend. It’s going to be good!

Pattie
    January 3, 2013 at 11:43 pm

I hope to be open to new opportunity as well!
    Pattie recently posted..First Five Minute Friday of 2013

January 4, 2013 at 5:52 pm

Hi Pattie! Thanks for stopping by. I hope to get over to your blog to read your post soon!

Denise J. Hughes
    January 4, 2013 at 12:07 am

So well said. The opportunity is there … but will I take hold? Will I press through?

I’m such a great starter, but a not-so-great finisher. I’m so thankful for the new year and fresh start.

Your words are always so uplifting. Thank you.
    Denise J. Hughes recently posted..Ripe with Opportunity

January 4, 2013 at 5:53 pm

Thank you Denise. I know what you mean about being a great starter, but not so great at finishing. What I love about God is that there is no timeline. We just need to remember to keep going! Have a blessed weekend!

Mia
    January 4, 2013 at 5:48 am

Dearest Barbie
    Just the fact that you are asking the question whether you are ready, shows that you are! Remember Abraham also travelled into the unknown.
    Much love, my friend
    Mia
    Mia recently posted..I am in “The Great I Am”

January 4, 2013 at 5:54 pm

So true my friend. To have faith like Abraham! Have a beautiful weekend!

Nikki
    January 4, 2013 at 5:50 am

Oh the trusting…it gets me every time.
    You get the challenge of opportunity so well, friend. am always taken back by how well you see me….
    beautiful 5 minute write! ( you make it look so easy) 🙂

love and hugs to you, friend!
    Nikki recently posted..OPPORTUNITY ~ Five Minute Friday

January 4, 2013 at 5:54 pm

Hugging you back, my friend. So thankful to have you along on my journey.

Becky Daye
    January 4, 2013 at 7:08 am

I love the picture that you chose to go with your beautiful words. I desire to choose His path for me too! Love that we all get to walk this journey together!

January 4, 2013 at 5:55 pm

Thanks for stopping over Becky. I appreciate you!

Maureen
    January 4, 2013 at 10:18 am

Change and challenge – they can be a scary combination. With you, I am looking forward to the changes of 2013 and praying to accept the challenges they bring with a willing, open, quiet heart. “Embrace.” I like that word – a good perspective.
    Maureen recently posted..A Quiet Opportunity

January 4, 2013 at 5:55 pm

Thanks for stopping by Maureen. May we embrace 2013 with arms wide open!

Jamie
    January 4, 2013 at 10:20 am

Oh I am so right there with you on this one! Praying for you as you head into a new year filled with opportunity.
    Jamie recently posted..Five Minute Friday :: Opportunity

January 4, 2013 at 5:56 pm

Thank you Jamie!

~Karrilee~
    January 4, 2013 at 10:44 am

Beautiful! I am just recently beginning to embrace Change and see it as Opportunity… something to lean INTO instead of try to run away from! You – with Him – definitely CAN do it!!! Blessings!
    ~Karrilee~ recently posted..Five Minute Friday – Opportunity

January 4, 2013 at 5:56 pm

I love that, change being something to “lean into” and not “run from”. Have a beautiful weekend!

Nataline
    January 4, 2013 at 4:35 pm

Oh, what a great challenging post! There are things in my life that need changing…that I am carefully avoiding looking at. Not sure if it is time to deal with them or not. And how much I can take on at one time. Your post captures those feelings of anxiety towards change while challenging all the same. Thanks.

January 4, 2013 at 5:58 pm

Thank you Nataline, for stopping by. There is a certain anxiety that comes with change. For me, it’s about the unknown. Yet I know that when I fully trust Him, no matter what I cannot see or hear, then I sail through the challenges peacefully. That is my prayer for you too!

Crystal
    January 4, 2013 at 5:48 pm

Beautiful. I know this place you’re in too well – praying for God’s peace and strength as you take that first step toward Him. It’s worth it 🙂
    Crystal recently posted..Five Minute Friday: Opportunity

Debbie
    January 4, 2013 at 7:00 pm

Barbie, may I encourage you to trust Him and take His hand? I hate change! There, I’ve said it. I tend to stick with the familiar even if it’s not the best for me. But I’m learning that change can be good. And I end up surviving and often doing better. So take it from one who is learning, let go and let the Lord lead you where He wants you to go.

Love you friend,
    Debbie
    Debbie recently posted..Five Minute Friday ~ Opportunity

January 5, 2013 at 1:06 am

Beautiful encouragement and wisdom! Blessings my friend!

Wanda
    January 4, 2013 at 9:00 pm

What a great question to stop and ponder because opportunities are all around us. However, we have to decide to take advantage of them. Love your new blog design.
    Wanda recently posted..A New Look for the New Year

January 5, 2013 at 1:07 am

Thank you Wanda!

Dolly@Soulstops
    January 4, 2013 at 9:28 pm

Cheering and praying for you Barbie, that you would trust Him, and seize the opportunities He gives you…I keep reading today stuff about Trusting God…so I am praying that for both of us in the new year 🙂
    Dolly@Soulstops recently posted..Five Minute Fridays: Opportunity

January 5, 2013 at 1:07 am

Amen my friend!

Laura @ Pruning Princesses
    January 6, 2013 at 10:50 am

I wonder if sometimes we don’t take the opportunities because we can see too many. We are unsure exactly what direction God is leading us so sometimes we do nothing. Because really, I can’t possible take all the homeschooling, blogging, exercising, book club, prayer group, and opportunities to serve that are presented to me. This year I pray that we can clearly see the opportunities God is giving us on the narrow path and let the others slip away.
    Laura @ Pruning Princesses recently posted..Pracitce Loving

January 6, 2013 at 11:21 am

So true my friend. My life is already full – working full time, homeschooling, ministering, caring for my husband. I want to seize the God-given opportunities and allow Him to strip me of anything that stands in the way. Thanks for stopping by!

carissa
    January 6, 2013 at 7:38 pm

God knew we would need a fresh start each day. He is so gracious! every morning – new mercies! such GRACE!

January 6, 2013 at 8:11 pm

Amen and Amen Carissa! Thanks for stopping by!