27 In Faith

He Will Cover You With His Feathers

Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High
will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
He will cover you with his feathers,
and under his wings you will find refuge;
his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart. (Psalm 91:1, 4)

In order to find rest, one must dwell.

To live.

To stay.

To abide.

To abide under the shadow of the Almighty is to live in the very presence of the God.

I find it amazing that I produce a shadow that is bigger than myself.  When I was a little girl, I use to play games with my shadow, trying to make myself bigger than it.  Of course, I never won.  It’s like that sometimes with God.  I get puffed up, want to do things my own way, and try to make myself appear bigger, stronger.  But God’s shadow is so much bigger than my own. His thoughts are greater, His ways are higher.

“My thoughts are nothing like your thoughts,” says the LORD. “And my ways are far beyond anything you could imagine.”  (Isaiah 55:8)

I must abide so that I can get His perspective.

God gives rest to the one who dwells with Him.  To remain in Him brings a promise of peace, rest, safety and protection.  One cannot have the secondary without the first.  When situations arise that threaten to steal my peace, my joy, my safety, God promises to pull me in close and cover me with His feathers.  Can you image the arms of God, how big they must be?  I often picture my Daddy God picking me up, covering me with His wings and shielding me from any harm that threatens to overtake me.

The commandment:

To dwell.

The Promise:

Rest, safety and security.

If I will abide, then I will remain safe under the shadow of the Almighty and no harm shall come to me.

*I painted the picture above one Sunday during a worship service.  At the time, I saw in the Spirit large wings coming out of heaven, embracing all those who were sick and struggling. If you are struggling to find peace and rest today, may you envision God’s shadow hoovering over you, drawing you in close to Him as He covers you with His feathers and brings you to a place of safety and rest.

Linking up with Jane today for Monday Morning Meditation.

Mary
    January 21, 2013 at 4:47 am

Oh, Barbie…the painting is lovely and speaks to my heart. Your words? They speak to me too…oh, to dwell and abide…that is my heart’s desire.

Thank you sweet friend for this reminder and encouragement.
    Mary recently posted..From no words…to being changed

January 21, 2013 at 9:23 am

Thank you Mary. Mine too!

Laura Rath
    January 21, 2013 at 5:25 am

Barbie, what a beautiful picture! This is one of God’s promises I’ve been praying for the past couple of weeks…Lord, please cover me with your wings of protection and keep me next to you!
    Blessings,
    Laura
    Laura Rath recently posted..Finally Free Online Study – Week 3

January 21, 2013 at 9:25 am

There is no place I’d rather be than in His arms! Bless you my friend.

Janet
    January 21, 2013 at 5:26 am

Beautiful Barbie. Thank you for your posts. They speak to my heart.

On another note I have been listening to the 24/7 live stream of the KC House of Prayer. Wonderful! We had a young lady do an internship there last year. She was on the overnight shift and it was an amazing experience. I had no idea that this ran 24/7 and could be watched. Thanks for posting that in a past post.

Have a beautiful day!

January 21, 2013 at 9:26 am

You’re welcome Janet! My son is there right now doing the night watch internship. There is such a sweet presence of the Lord in the night hours.

Kim | At Home With Kim
    January 21, 2013 at 5:41 am

Barbie, I had no idea you are an artist!! Your picture is beautiful. I have been focusing on REST lately…. and I’m learning it’s really hard…. to shut down and just ABIDE. Great post Barbie!
    Kim | At Home With Kim recently posted..Morning Moments

January 21, 2013 at 9:24 am

Hi Kim. Yes, I am an artist. I paint mostly abstract and mostly with my hands/fingers, no brushes. I am blessed to be able to do this at church during worship. If you ever want to see any more of my art, there is a link on my NavBar, under Life in God, “prophetic art”. I’ve linked it here: http://myfreshlybrewedlife.com/category/prophetic-art-2

Mia
    January 21, 2013 at 5:50 am

Hi dear Barbie
    Yes, dear one, there is no better place to be than resting in the shadow of His Presence … in the warmth of His smile … in His loving embrace. The secret I have found lies in the abiding!!!
    Much love
    Mia
    Mia recently posted..The Shadow of The King

January 21, 2013 at 9:26 am

Amen, my friend. To abide is the key!

Jane Graham
    January 21, 2013 at 7:54 am

Barbie, I was struck by your thoughts on our shadows being much larger than we are, but yet we still try to do things in our own strength. That is so insightful! Your tie to Isaiah really touched me — I’m glad you added that. It perfectly illustrates your point and is such a timely reminder that we are commanded to *dwell* in the shelter of the Most High in order to gain his perspective and enjoy his protection.

Thank you for linking up today; I always love visiting your blog!
    Jane Graham recently posted..Monday Morning Meditation: Psalm 91:1,4

January 21, 2013 at 9:27 am

Thank you Jane! You are a blessing!

Diane | An Extraordinary Day
    January 21, 2013 at 1:51 pm

I love the safety and security under his wing.
    Lovely post Barbie!
    Diane | An Extraordinary Day recently posted..DIY Inspiration | Decorating a Vintage Window for Valentine’s Day

Kela
    January 21, 2013 at 3:03 pm

I love your perspective!
    Kela recently posted..Praying God’s Word ~ Dwell With the Most High

January 21, 2013 at 7:59 pm

Thank you for stopping by Kela!

Debbie
    January 21, 2013 at 4:32 pm

A good word Barbie! I remembering reading Andrew Murray’s book ‘Abide in Christ’. He wrote a whole book on one chapter of John and it was so good. I love the illustration of abiding in Christ.

Blessings and love,
    Debbie
    Debbie recently posted..Counting Every Day Blessings

January 21, 2013 at 8:00 pm

Oh, I should look that up!

Lea
    January 21, 2013 at 4:40 pm

Your words paint as beautiful of a picture as your hands with a paint brush. What great truths and such assurances of the God we serve. Thanks for such an inspiring post!
    Lea recently posted..Miscellany Monday

January 21, 2013 at 8:00 pm

Thank you Lea! Have a beautiful week.

charis
    January 21, 2013 at 7:42 pm

i love it. so encouraging – our job is simply to dwell. i forget this so often as i try to do His job and in turn forget mine.
    charis recently posted..God wants to wow you

January 21, 2013 at 8:00 pm

Thanks for stopping by Charis!

Jamie
    January 21, 2013 at 7:52 pm

Oh, the imagery of the shadow! I love it. How many times do I puff myself up and then land in trouble? Yet, if I humble myself and am made small, I fit just perfectly under the feathered wings of the Almighty.

And what an amazing picture! Truly beautiful!

January 21, 2013 at 8:01 pm

Oh I love that, humble and small! Thanks for stopping over Jamie!

Beth @ My Destiny
    January 23, 2013 at 3:30 am

I love the painting my friend and you’re right — we need to abide to gain His perspective. I don’t know how I missed this on Monday.

Bless you dear Barbie!
    Beth
    Beth @ My Destiny recently posted..Are you Safe?

January 23, 2013 at 6:13 pm

Thank yo Beth. I painted this and gave it to a friend who was in the hospital. She was truly blessed by it.