37 In Weekend Whispers

The Weekend Brew: Climb

(photo credit)

Surrender.  It’s about trust.  It’s about learning to walk blindly, when you cannot see in front of you. It’s about learning to lean and trusting in another to bring you through.

When life throws us curves that we do not expect, how do we find the grace and strength to navigate them?

It is encouraging to know who’s live our hands are truly in.  That even when things may be falling apart around us, even when life brings situations that we do not understand, or bring pain, there is One who holds us.  When we come humbly, with an attitude of surrender, giving our messy, complicated lives to Him, we can trust that the Maker of heaven will indeed make something beautiful out of us, our circumstances, our mess.  The key is to not hold anything back.  We must surrender it ALL to Him.  To fully and completely lay it all down is not always easy, yet it is essential if we are to move forward.

I’ve never climbed a mountain before, but I know that it takes two hands, or I may fall.  But God asks that we climb, with our hands wide open.  He promises that if we let go, we will not fall.  He goes before us, follows after us, and hedges us in on every side.  We will be completely surrounded by His protection.

You hem me in–behind and before; you have laid your hand upon me. (Psalm 139:5)

What mountain are you facing today my friend?  Will you climb, opening your hands to
the Father, and giving it all to Him?
 I promise you that it will all be okay.

There is not a video to go along with this, but please click over and listen to this song.

I lean not on my own understanding
My life is in the hands of the Maker of heaven
I give it all to You God trusting that you’ll make something beautiful out of me.
There’s nothing I hold on to
There’s nothing I hold on to
There’s nothing I hold on to
There’s nothing I hold on to
I will climb this mountain with my hands wide open
I will climb this mountain with my hands wide open
United Pursuit, Live at the Banks – Climb

Now it’s your turn to share encouragement here at The Weekend Brew.
1.  Write a post, or share one from earlier in the week, that encourages and brings life.
2.  Grab the button from my sidebar to use in your post, or simply link here.
3.  Visit the person who linked up before you (and a few others if you have time).

susie klein
    January 12, 2013 at 10:20 am

Thank you for this post. Sometimes we get kind of tired after climbing for a long time. At least it seems long to us! This is very encouraging!
    susie klein recently posted..Embracing the SAH Style

January 12, 2013 at 8:58 pm

Thank you Susie! It always seems like so far, the climb. But, it is worth it, to receive the blessings of God when I get to the top.

Joan
    January 12, 2013 at 10:58 am

Life can be so challenging at times. But what a relief it is to know that we are not alone! Our God lifts us up and carries us. I’m surrendering all to Him!

Blessings, Joan
    Joan recently posted..The Great However

January 12, 2013 at 8:59 pm

AMEN Joan!

Lisa
    January 12, 2013 at 11:33 am

I’ve never climbed a mountain before, but I know that it takes two hands, or I may fall. But God asks that we climb, with our hands wide open.

Hmmm, powerful thought here. I have never considered this, but yes you are right. I am jotting this one done int he journal to sketch out word to later.
    Lisa recently posted..Goliath Faith

January 12, 2013 at 9:03 pm

Those mountains that stand in our way, both in the natural and the spiritual, we cannot overcome them if we hang on with a closed first. Surrendering is hard sometimes. I want to do it my way. But God’s ways are so much higher than mine. Thanks for stopping by and for joining in The Weekend Brew.

Mia
    January 12, 2013 at 12:45 pm

Dear Barbie
    Yes, dear friend, we tend to hold onto, with both hands, that we can see in front of us. Blessed is the day when Pappa has become such a reality in our life that we would rather enter the dark uncertain with no hands, with Him, than into the brightest day and everything to hold onto, but without Him.
    Hugs and love to you
    Mia
    Mia recently posted..Ek Theos

January 12, 2013 at 9:06 pm

Oh yes, I would rather be in the dark unknown, fully with Him, than in the light without Him. Blessing you my friend!

Michele-Lyn
    January 12, 2013 at 4:12 pm

I read through your post twice. I just kept saying, amen! Yes. Amen.

I love this…”When we come humbly, with an attitude of surrender, giving our messy, complicated lives to Him, we can trust that the Maker of heaven will indeed make something beautiful out of us, our circumstances, our mess.”

This grace. May we walk in it, always. Blessings and love to you, my friend.
    Michele-Lyn recently posted..The truth will set you FREE [Dream Again Day 10]

January 12, 2013 at 9:07 pm

Thank you Michele-Lyn for your constant encouragement!

Jen
    January 12, 2013 at 5:47 pm

“He asks us to climb with our hands wide open.” Love this visual. This impossible to man way of climbing a mountain without gripping to what’s below. Wonderful photo & imagery here! Thanks for the new link-up & for helping us to press in, in faith, even when life looks hard!
    Jen recently posted..When He Asks, "Will You Marry Me?"

January 12, 2013 at 9:08 pm

Thanks Jen! I love having you join me for The Weekend Brew.

Child of God
    January 12, 2013 at 8:27 pm

Hi Barbie,
    What a timely post for me giving me confirmation about trusting Father in another leap of faith. The mountain in front of me seems huge and over whelming but I know with God guiding and leading me I will make it to the top and all the obstacles that are thrown at me with either be for my benefit or He will blow them up before they trip me up.

Blessings sister,
    Child of God recently posted..Battle Zone

January 12, 2013 at 9:09 pm

“He will blow them up, before they trip me up.” Oh, isn’t He good like that. Praying God will see you over this mountain. You are victorious in Him.

Wanda
    January 12, 2013 at 8:48 pm

This is only the third time today, that I have been reminded of the value of trusting God. It certainly seems God is trying to communicate more truth to me regarding this key area. And surrender is a one-word that came to me at the beginning of the year.
    Wanda recently posted..3 Easy Ways to Read the Latest Books on a Budget

January 12, 2013 at 9:10 pm

I am constantly in a place of learning this trust and surrender. I must continually ask God to empty me so that I can be filled with Him.

Jedidja
    January 13, 2013 at 1:41 am

Thank you for this great, inspiring blog. I just wanted to say that I never really have climbed mountains. I’m afraid of heights but in my personal life, in our family life, I have many mountains to climb and we have gone through dark valleys. Therefore I am very happy with your blog. I came here from another blog.

Thank you and blessings: a Dutch blogging mama.
    Jedidja recently posted..Ik kocht mooie witte letters

January 13, 2013 at 12:03 pm

Thank you so much Jedidja for stopping by my blog. I’ve never visited your blog before but thank it’s so neat I can bring it in in English so I can read it. I will be stop over soon!

Jennifer peterson
    January 13, 2013 at 6:14 am

Thank you for this:) And encouraging me!!
    Jennifer peterson recently posted..Dive…

January 13, 2013 at 12:03 pm

You’re most welcome my friend!

Maureen
    January 13, 2013 at 8:28 am

With hands wide open, yes. The theme word I have seen in my Bible reading lately, is willing. Rebekah could go with the servant willingly (Gen 24: 8, 58), and they gave willingly (2 Cor 8:2 – 3), and many more verses. Willingly. With open hands. The Lord is not looking for victims, but for willing hearts. Good words, thank you.
    Maureen recently posted..And Counting

January 13, 2013 at 12:05 pm

“Willingly” that is good. I could surrender, kicking and screaming, but how much more blessed to surrender without fighting, willingly laying it into His hands. Thanks Maureen.

Susy
    January 13, 2013 at 9:42 am

So glad to find your community of believers today ~ and I look forward to visiting the many blogs posted here! Blessings ~

January 13, 2013 at 5:56 pm

Susy, it’s nice to have you here at The Weekend Brew!

Laurie Collett
    January 13, 2013 at 1:18 pm

Praise God that He alone is trustworthy! Thanks for the great post & for hosting, & God bless!
    Laurie Collett recently posted..The Flood: Triplets of Renovation

January 13, 2013 at 5:55 pm

Thank you Laurie!

Tereasa
    January 13, 2013 at 2:40 pm

Barbie. This is so encouraging! I just love the way you use your words for others. You are right, it’s going to be ok.

January 13, 2013 at 5:55 pm

Thank you my sweet friend. I appreciate you!

Carol
    January 13, 2013 at 4:10 pm

This is my first time to link up with you for Weekend Brew. I found you by way of Susy @ The Feathered Nest. So glad I found your blog. Your post today is such a blessing. Looking forward to visiting here often.

Smiles,
    Carol
    Carol recently posted..Words That Inspire

January 13, 2013 at 5:54 pm

Carol, thank you for linking up! I will head over to your blog this evening and check it out. Blessings!

Amanda
    January 13, 2013 at 5:11 pm

What a wonderful post, Barbie!! 🙂 It’s sometimes hard to take my hands off and let God have complete control…I have to remind myself to let go and just trust completely in Him! Thanks for your encouraging words and for the link-up! Your new design is beautiful 🙂 Have a blessed day!
    Amanda recently posted..Sweet, Simple Saturday

January 13, 2013 at 5:53 pm

Thanks Amanda! Your photo today was precious!

Lea
    January 13, 2013 at 6:20 pm

Great post Barbie! I have had such a dark time the past month with my Dad and the loss of my dear, dear friend this past week. But, throughout it all I know that HE is holding me and will see my through and I’ll be all the stronger. I can’t even imagine a life without HIM. Happy new week to you!
    Lea recently posted..Wednesday Hodgepodge

January 13, 2013 at 6:26 pm

Oh Lea, I am so sorry to hear about your friend and the struggles with your dad. I am praying that God will hold you close and shower you with His strength and grace.