Faith

Come, Abide!

Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit by itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in me.  (John 15:4)

Do you hear His voice this morning, Beloved One?

He is calling out to you, calling you to come and abide.
I know you have so much on your plate, so many things that must get done.
But will you take just a moment to stop, to be still, to listen to His voice?

He says, “Come, Abide, for I long to bring rest to your heart.”
And you stop, but for a moment, yet your heart still races.

You move to and fro, checking off your tasks,
“Just one more load of laundry”,
“Just one more dirty dish to wash”.
“Just one more lunch to make, oh and dinner must be made.”

Beloved, you cannot abide when your heart is in so many places.
Those are all good things, but you must leave them but for a moment
So that He can breathe His life into Your Spirit.
Your heart is heavy, but He promises to lighten your load.

“Come, My Daughter, Come!
Come, Abide and let me fill you to overflowing.
Come, stay for a while. Those other things can wait.
Come away with Me.  Come abide in Me.  Come, remain in My love.”

For to truly abide, one must stay.
To remain in His presence, to cling to the Vine.
This is the source of your strength.
As you cling to Him, He will pour His love into your heart through His Words.
His Words bring light and life to your spirit.
If you abide (remain) in Him, His Words abide (remain) in you.
And when the Word of God is overflowing in your heart,
It gives you the power and strength to go and do what He’s called you to do,
bearing much good fruit along the way.

So, Daughters of God, rise up!
Run away with Him, just for a moment
and allow Him to fill you to overflowing today.
He’s waiting for you to come.

“Come, abide, My love.  Come abide in Me.”

I am linking up with Jane at Girl Meets Paper today for Monday Morning Meditation.  Care to join me?

1.  Write a post on your own blog that incorporates a story or your thoughts about this verse and its application in your own life. -OR-

2.  Enlighten us with your theological take on the verse. -OR-
3.  Post a photo that captures the essence of this verse.
Leave a comment with the same if you don’t have a blog to link up!

Also linking with these beautiful communities:

Beauty in His Grip Button

20 thoughts on “Come, Abide!”

1. Christina says:

You must have seen my to-do list:) I love the idea of “running away” with God. Thanks for this!
    Christina recently posted..The Light of Grace

1. Barbie says:

Blessings Christina!

2. ~Karrilee~ says:

Love this! You know you had me at “abide”! I love that word and the images it conjures up – but so often I can fall for the lie that to abide will require hours set aside. Hours would be wonderful – and on rare occasions are – but it only takes a few minutes to settle yourself and turn your attention to Him. He is always here, ready to speak! Thanks for the reminder on this busy Monday morning, my friend!
    ~Karrilee~ recently posted..Five Minute Friday – AFRAID

1. Barbie says:

It truly is an art, this abiding, that we continue to learn until the day when all we have to do is abide in His presence. Oh what a glorious day that will be.

3. Melody says:

Great thoughts. Thank you for this reminder : )

1. Barbie says:

Thanks for stopping by Melody!

4. Jenn says:

It’s easy to push time with God away, thanks for the gentle calling and reminder.

5. Mia says:

Hi dear Barbie
    This is the crux of the gospel, my friend! That running to Him, into His Life, allowing Him to live His life in and through you. Christ in me, my hope of glory!
    Much love
    Mia
    Mia recently posted..Songs the World Sings

6. Ashley Ditto says:

I am striving hard to find that time in the morning for Him. I needed this reminder, and your writing? Amazing. Your heart is just beautiful.
    Ashley Ditto recently posted..Sisters, Come Together.

1. Barbie says:

Me too, Ashley. Mornings are not the best parts of my day, but I’m striving to get there. You are too kind to speak so kindly about my writing. I appreciate you!

1. Barbie says:

You’re welcome Susan!

7. charis says:

yes! i needed this today. i have been going and going and going… just sat down and read this and my heart said, “yes!” i think i need many times a day to steal away. 🙂
    charis recently posted..when i am afraid

1. Barbie says:

Me too my friend! Praying for some slow days for us both.

8. Kerri says:

yes!!! something i am truly learning…to abide in Him…to stay for a while and just “be still” (my word for this year)…to just sit and hear that still small voice… oh how i need this more…how i need Him more!!
    thank you my friend…i am going to visit more often…i’ve missed you….and maybe even begin writing again!!
    Kerri recently posted..His eye is on the sparrow

1. Barbie says:

Kerri! You’ve made my day. Thank you for gracing this space with your presence. I’ve missed you too. I hope we can reconnect in blogland soon!

9. Jenn says:

Absolutely beautiful and what I have been hearing the Lord say to me. “Come!”
    Jenn recently posted..Enter In

1. Barbie says:

Thank you Jenn!

1. Barbie says:

I’ve been stuck there for over a year. Still so much to learn and grow in.