32 In My 5 Minute Fridays

Five Minute Friday: Bare

Today I am joining Lisa-Jo and others for the 5 Minute Friday where we are given a word prompt and write for just 5 minutes simply for the joy of writing. No editing or backtracking necessary. No need to be perfect. Just words freely flowing from my heart to yours.

Bare

When He gave me the nudge to write, I responded with a yes in my spirit.  But I would only have it one way — I would bare my soul, openly and honestly, making myself vulnerable in return.  I take a risk every time I write, that I will say something wrong, mix up my words, mix up His words, hurt someone’s feelings or appear to be something that I’m not.  But I keep coming back.

This journey of stringing words together, this laying my soul bare before all the word too see, it changes me.  I’ve been drawn in with no way of escape, not that I would.  My heart, connected with many, many hearts, all striving towards one goal, one purpose, that of glorifying Him.

So we come, with hearts laid low, and souls laid bare before Him.  And in our emptiness, and in our humility and in our fear, we join together with other souls bowed low and laid bare, together finding the strength to remain real, to remain transparent, to remain exposed.

My soul is laid bare before Him.  Laid bare before you.  I choose to take this risk, to be transparent, open and real.  For I do not know how to be otherwise.

Want to join me?  Here’s how:

Five Minute Friday1.  Write for 5 minutes flat for pure unedited love of the written word.
2.  Link back here and invite others to join in.
3.  Go buck wild with encouragement for the five minuter who linked up before you.

Go ahead, give it a try!

Melissa
    February 7, 2013 at 11:11 pm

I wish I could write like that- open and bare to everyone to read. This week was a huge step for me.
    Melissa recently posted..Bare Refinement………..#5minutefriday

February 8, 2013 at 12:40 pm

And you did a beautiful job! Thank you for stopping by here to comment. I really appreciate it!

Rebekah
    February 8, 2013 at 12:02 am

Well done. I can relate so much to your first paragraph. We do take a risk as writers, don’t we? But I am the same..I have the need to do it and keep coming back 🙂 Always a pleasure to connect with you on FMF.
    Rebekah recently posted..Bare Trees And Bare Souls – A FMF Poem

February 8, 2013 at 12:42 pm

Thank you Rebekah! Looking forward to reading your post.

Alia Joy
    February 8, 2013 at 12:16 am

Yes! That’s exactly what we do! I love how you’ve described it because that is the draw. The need to share and be seen and relate and connect. All of it. The burden and blessing of our message. That He would get glory. Amen, sister! Love this write, friend.
    Alia Joy recently posted..Five Minute Friday: Bare

February 8, 2013 at 12:45 pm

My greatest prayer is that when this blog is visited that Jesus is seen in and through my words, which I pray are His words!

HopeUnbroken
    February 8, 2013 at 3:36 am

beautifully said, and never an easy task. blessings to you this day!

steph
    HopeUnbroken recently posted..i love you, again

February 8, 2013 at 12:47 pm

Thank you! It’s always a pleasure when you stop by!

Sylvia R
    February 8, 2013 at 4:30 am

Beautifully expressed. (From a bared heart. 🙂 ) I identify with all you said.
    Sylvia R recently posted..Wherever!

February 8, 2013 at 12:48 pm

Thank you Sylvia. I look forward to stopping by to read your post.

Dawn St Amand Paoletta
    February 8, 2013 at 4:46 am

Me too, my friend for better or worse. We just must do it. He’s doing something in this Blog world…through words. I don’t understand it but so glad I am not alone in the journey. Keep on laying it bare. He so has us right where He wants us…Have a wonderful weekend.
    Dawn St Amand Paoletta recently posted..Blessed Be His Name (5 Minute Friday: Bare)

February 8, 2013 at 12:49 pm

And the ironic thing is after all is said and we leave this earth, should the Lord tarry HIs return, these words will still be here, read by many, to encourage their hearts along their journey. Gives me shudders to think about that!

Jennifer peterson
    February 8, 2013 at 7:20 am

Love this and love that you bare your soul to us. The words you write so lovely and true and what we all face in life. Thank you for listening to that pull on your heart to write, I know I have been blessed by your words.
    Jennifer peterson recently posted..tight rope

February 8, 2013 at 12:49 pm

Ah friend, you bless me. So thankful to know you!

~Karrilee~
    February 8, 2013 at 8:38 am

Oh Barbie – how I love that we not only took the same approach to “Bare” but that we used the same wording… kindred spirits indeed!

Bless you my friend!
    ~Karrilee~ recently posted..Five Minute Friday – BARE

February 8, 2013 at 12:51 pm

I was thinking the same thing, after I posted and popped over to read. Kindred spirits for sure!

Megan @Love Letters 7.10
    February 8, 2013 at 8:46 am

Writing leaves us vulnerable in ways we could not previously imagine. Thank you for sharing!
    Megan @Love Letters 7.10 recently posted..Bare #fiveminutefriday

February 8, 2013 at 12:52 pm

Megan, thank you for stopping by. I truly enjoyed your post today.

charis
    February 8, 2013 at 9:28 am

i love the take you had on the word bare. i feel that same way so often when i write. many times i debate pushing the publish button because writing can be a window into the soul, and i don’t always know if i want my soul viewed by anyone on the internet. i love your writing style and how you are vulnerable and seek to find God’s hand in everything in life.
    charis recently posted..6 tips for developing a life in God as a couple

February 8, 2013 at 10:35 pm

Thank you so much Charis! I need to get over to your blog to read your most recent marriage post 🙂

Jen Ferguson
    February 8, 2013 at 10:55 am

I just had to share this on FB. Our hearts are so similar. Girl, I am so glad that we know each other in this blog space.
    Jen Ferguson recently posted..5 Minute Friday: Bare

February 8, 2013 at 10:35 pm

Awe, thank you sweet friend! Have a beautiful weekend.

Missy
    February 8, 2013 at 1:34 pm

Barbie – your words are so beautiful to read. And they encourage me mightily. Even if I stumble in the words that I choose to lay down, I know I am connected to this wonderful community all striving to do the very same thing, while we honor the One who gives us the words in the first place. I was so blessed by your writing today.
    Missy recently posted..Five Minute Friday – Bare

February 8, 2013 at 10:36 pm

Thank you Missy! I am blessed by you too my friend!

Mia
    February 8, 2013 at 1:42 pm

Dear sweet Barbie
    This is what makes you so special … your honesty and transparency. I nearly cried when I read your previous post! Please, don’t change!
    Much love
    Mia
    Mia recently posted..The Bare Necessities

February 8, 2013 at 10:37 pm

Oh friend, I cannot go back. I don’t like hiding, did it for so many years. Sometimes I write afraid, in fear of what people may think. But I know that I have a story to tell, as my life unfolds. I will continue to bare my soul and always strive to be honest and transparent. Love you Mia!

Beth @ My Destiny
    February 9, 2013 at 1:51 am

I know what you mean Barbie. We do lay ourselves out there for the world to see when we share. I’m certain you bless so many with your heart. I know you bless me.

Have a wonderful weekend!
    Beth @ My Destiny recently posted..I have been BEETen (not beaten)

February 10, 2013 at 11:09 pm

Thank you my friend. So thankful for you!

Melody
    February 9, 2013 at 5:00 pm

Simply Beautiful.

February 10, 2013 at 11:10 pm

Thank you Melody!

Sarah Denley
    February 10, 2013 at 8:42 pm

This resonates so much with me. So neat how we ended our posts in such a similar way. I really don’t know how to live/write any differently.
    Sarah Denley recently posted..Unlocked: My Review of Anything by Jennie Allen