29 In Weekend Whispers

The Weekend Brew: Destined for Greatness

Do you ever have those days when you just don’t feel great?

You don’t feel like great mom,
because you can’t seem to do anything right in the eyes of your kids.

You don’t feel like a great wife,
because you don’t seem to know how to encourage your husband.

You don’t feel like a great housekeeper,
because you can’t get a handle on the clutter.

You don’t feel like a great person,
because you deal with anger and insecurities.

When I look at my faults and shortcomings, I can’t help but feel less than great.

On those days, I must purpose in my heart to redirect my focus on how God sees me.

I am a great mom,
because my kids are happy, healthy and love Jesus.

I am a great wife,
because I choose to walk with my husband through the hard times.

I am a great housekeeper,
because despite the clutter, Jesus is Lord of this home.

I am a great person,
because God loves me despite my imperfections.

Friends, the enemy likes to trap us with lies and remind us of our shortcomings.  But we serve a BIG GOD and He who lives in us is so much bigger than the lies he wants us to believe.

The next time you are having a “not so great” day, remind yourself of who lives in you and realize that you are destined for greatness as a daughter of the King of Kings!

For he who is in you is greater than he who is in the world.  (1 John 4:4b)

(photo credit)

Now it’s your turn to share encouragement here at The Weekend Brew.
1.  Write a post, or share one from earlier in the week, that encourages and brings life.
2.  Grab the button from my sidebar to use in your post, or simply link here.
3.  Visit the person who linked up before you (and a few others if you have time).

Child of God
    February 2, 2013 at 5:21 pm

Hi Barbie,
    I sure do have days like those. Before I use to get so down but now I know that is just the enemies tactic to destroy God’s work that I do. Once we know how the enemy works, it is easy to see the web he weaves around us and even easier to disintegrate it with God’s Word.

Blessings hon,
    Child of God recently posted..Pituitary Gland Issues

February 3, 2013 at 7:38 pm

So true!

Dawn St Amand Paoletta
    February 2, 2013 at 7:20 pm

“I am a great person,
    because God loves me despite my imperfections.” this I know for sure.
    Dawn St Amand Paoletta recently posted..My Needy List {RJD February 2013}

February 3, 2013 at 7:38 pm

It’s good to know we are loved, unconditionally, isn’t it! Have a blessed week.

Rose @ Walnut Acre
    February 2, 2013 at 7:38 pm

Beautiful words and so true! It’s only when we see ourselves through God’s eyes that we can move forward in confidence in the life He has given us.
    Rose @ Walnut Acre recently posted..The Walnut Acre Daily – The Pinewood Derby Edition

February 3, 2013 at 7:39 pm

Thanks for stopping by Rose!

lisa
    February 2, 2013 at 8:46 pm

Friends, the enemy likes to trap us with lies and remind us of our shortcomings. But we serve a BIG GOD and He who lives in us is so much bigger than the lies he wants us to believe.

this week was a frustrating week for me… so full of second guessing, and then I had to choose. choose to see the Him in me. great post Barbie… Happy almost Sunday.
    lisa recently posted..the challenge begins, hopping back on the bike

February 3, 2013 at 7:40 pm

When we focus on our weaknesses, they get bigger. So let’s fix our eyes on Jesus! He’s so able!

Mia
    February 2, 2013 at 11:24 pm

Dear Barbie
    One thing I have learned through my chronic illness, always having pain and exhaustion, is that these things don’t really matter unless our Lord wills and gives us the strength to do so. I cannot be any of those things physically, but I can still be here for them in our Lord! I can honestly say that my relationship with my husband and children has taken a new deeper level in our Lord Jesus and I had to learn to let them take care of me by doing the things that I cannot do anymore!.
    Much love
    Mia
    Mia recently posted..A Woman in a Closet

February 3, 2013 at 7:41 pm

This makes the verse, “in our weakness, He is strong” come to light. When we have not the strength to be, or do, what we feel we should, He rises up in us with His strength and empowers us by His Spirit. Have a blessed week my friend.

Jedidja
    February 3, 2013 at 1:26 am

Thank you for this nice blog! I struggle with these feelings especially, after days full of worries, squabbles between children, and if I fail to my husband. Things pile up and make tired. Thats why I love your blog. Very good to read 🙂
    Jedidja recently posted..Heer, en hij dan?

February 3, 2013 at 7:42 pm

Jedidja, I am so thankful the Lord led you here. I am loving getting to know you!

Beth @ My Destiny
    February 3, 2013 at 4:43 am

What a great reminder Barbie! Thank you! I think we all go there!

Bless you,
    Beth
    Beth @ My Destiny recently posted..Whiter than snow

February 3, 2013 at 7:43 pm

Have a beautiful week Beth!

Jennifer peterson
    February 3, 2013 at 5:59 am

Beautiful Barbie and I do have those days…I am going to keep this tucked in my heart and when I am having another one of those days I am going to remember this!! AHve a great weekend friend love you
    Jennifer peterson recently posted..God is our rock

February 3, 2013 at 7:43 pm

Have a blessed week Jennifer!

veronca
    February 3, 2013 at 7:22 am

I totally have those days, and will keep this verse in mind next time I do 🙂
    veronca recently posted..Adventures in Love: Day 3

February 3, 2013 at 7:44 pm

Thanks for stopping by Veronica!

Jennifer
    February 3, 2013 at 10:19 am

Amen! I am so thankful to be loved despite my imperfections.
    Jennifer recently posted..Scripture & A Snapshot

February 3, 2013 at 7:44 pm

AMEN Jennifer! Thanks for stopping by!

Kelli
    February 3, 2013 at 1:14 pm

Beautiful Barbie, since I am not feeling so “great” today. I am just tired and feeling like a failure in all areas of my life. This was very similiar to the sermon this morning and I love what he said. When you fall short of the glory of God and you just don’t feel great Jesus doesn’t love you… any less. His love for us is always the same, so comforting.

February 3, 2013 at 7:47 pm

Oh friend, you are not a failure. One of these days, we are going to get this, in the core of our very soul, that we are loved, accepted and desired just for who we are. We are beautiful, beloved daughters of the King of Kings. Oh how He loves us!

Wanda
    February 3, 2013 at 3:02 pm

Yes, I had one of those days yesterday but I’m grateful for people in my life that will help point me back to God’s truth. Beautiful post.
    Wanda recently posted..My Friday Five

February 3, 2013 at 7:48 pm

So thankful for friends! Have a blessed week Wanda!

rachel
    February 4, 2013 at 7:41 am

I’ve never linked up here before, but somehow, I found my way here through others that have. I’m glad I did. this momma is just starting out, with a four month old warrior-girl on my hip. I broke down in tears with my husband yesterday on the kitchen floor because I just didn’t feel like I was doing it right, this thing of motherhood, because everyone else has it together and I just don’t.

this breathed life into a broken heart this morning. I cannot thank you enough.
    rachel recently posted..kumbaya

Janet @ Frugal & Focused
    February 4, 2013 at 1:30 pm

Thanks for this reminder, Barbie. I had several of those days recently and so appreciate that I have Christ in me. Through Him I don’t have to live a defeated life.

Rina Peru
    February 4, 2013 at 10:52 pm

Oh, Barbie, of course I do feel less-than-great at times! This would discourage me and sometimes bring me to a pitiful heap. But, yes, our faithful Savior raises me up and His Spirit whispers gentle assurances! Beautiful post!
    Rina Peru recently posted..More on Matthew 18:2-4: A Child’s Humble Obedience