Five Minute Friday: Home

Today I am joining Lisa-Jo and others for the 5 Minute Friday where we are given a word prompt and write for just 5 minutes simply for the joy of writing. No editing or backtracking necessary. No need to be perfect. Just words freely flowing from my heart to yours.

“Come, make my heart your home” is all I have to say for the healing to begin in my heart. For the Lord does not deny a broken and contrite spirit.  But yet if He is to reside, to exist in the very place where breath gives way to life, there must be some rearranging — walls torn down, deep wounds extracted, fear, shame and worry all swept away as the floor of my heart is swept clean.  It’s a transformation so deep and painful at times, yet necessary if the Lord is to reside.

Come make my heart your home. #fmfparty Click To Tweet

“Lord, come and make my heart your home. Stay, abide, reside in my heart.  Live, breathe, move and have your being in me.  I make room for you Lord, come and make my heart Your home.”

Want to share your thoughts on “home” in five minutes?  Here’s how:

Five Minute Friday1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking.
2. Link back here and invite others to join in.
3. And then absolutely, no ifs, ands or buts about it, you need to visit the person who linked up before you & encourage them in their comments. Seriously. That is, like, the rule. And the fun. And the heart of this community..

1. Karen Courcy says:

Barbie… I love this.. thank you for sharing … whenever we are lost – it’s always about coming home to God 🙂

I love your blog .. so inviting and warm
    Karen Courcy recently posted..five minute friday {home}

2. Lizzy says:

So pleased to be your neighbour today at FMF. A beautiful prayer! Thank you for sharing 🙂
    Lizzy recently posted..Where Home Is

3. Janet says:

So very beautiful, Barbie. Thank you for always letting us see a glimpse of your heart at every post. Have a beautiful day!

4. Linda Stoll says:

oh yes, this is the prayer, Barbie …
    Linda Stoll recently posted..A Home Defined

5. Missy says:

These words, Barbie, they were so incredibly powerful. It IS a transformation so deep and painful. I so enjoy your thoughts on our prompts.
    Missy recently posted..Five Minute Friday: Home

6. WICK says:

…and you gotta love when He decides to redecorate a bit…eh? Awesome reminder, thanks!!
    WICK recently posted..five minute friday: home

7. Beautiful!!! I agree with Wick , love when He redecorates…
    Jennifer peterson recently posted..Home

8. It is a wonderful feeling when our hearts are pure (not perfect) but pure in intent and we are full of the peace of God.
    Jamie@SouthMainMuse recently posted..Home. Through the window pane.

9. Wendy says:

I just so love your heart friend. So thankful that you share it with us. Blessings and much love.
    Wendy recently posted..Home Is Where The Heart Is

10. Beautiful! Thank you for sharing today. I love your take on this word prompt.

11. ~Karrilee~ says:

Love this… and you, sweet Barbie!
    ~Karrilee~ recently posted..Five Minute Friday – HOME

12. hmmm… and shouldn’t we all pray this
    Lisa @ {4}SLP recently posted..unearthing peace… finding home

13. Amy Tilson says:

Breath is exactly what this is! Thank you so much for sharing these beautiful words.
    Amy Tilson recently posted..Five Minute Friday – Home

14. Rebekah says:

You always write well and heartfelt 🙂 This was a thought provoking visual!
    Rebekah recently posted..Home- a Poetic Rhyme for Five Minute Friday

15. Mia says:

Dear Barbie
    Oh yes, my friend, I echo your heart’s desire. Come, Lord Jesus, make my heart your home! Beautiful!
    Much love
    Mia
    Mia recently posted..A Kingdom Called Home

16. Praying along with you, Barbie, and I pray you had time to sit with Him, and let Him love on you…yes, He may tear down walls, but He rebuilds them even stronger and more beautiful…hugs to you 🙂
    Dolly@Soulstops recently posted..Five Minute Fridays: Home

17. Michele-Lyn says:

Maybe there has been a change in your writing? A deeper walk, perhaps, as you’ve sought Him for fervently. The work He is doing in you is beautiful. You are His masterpiece. 🙂 Love you, friend.
    Michele-Lyn recently posted..Hope for Haiti

18. What a wonderful request Barbie. Yes, Lord – make my heart Your home as well.

He is faithful to sweep our hearts clean.

Bless you Barbie!
    Beth
    Beth @ My Destiny recently posted..The Whole Story

19. Beautiful written Barbie, Thank you.